Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old VMK Vs. Pirates Online

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:45 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by cteddiesgirl View Post

POTCO is more like a video game that you buy, but a little more dynamic. You have quests to complete. That is basically all you do there. Yes, you can somewhat chat with people you meet there, but it's very limited.
When it comes to limited chat, VMK definitely takes the ### cake.

Quote:
VMK is a lot more dynamic. You can choose to use it for social purposes. Meet and make new friends and do nothing but hang out with them. Or, you can use it for your collecting purposes.
Or you can use it to only play games or quests. There's always tons of guest made quests or games going on. Or you can just be a trader in the game.
With the exception of guest-made quests and trading, I could easily argue that you can do all of those things on Pirates.

Quote:
With VMK, there is no "point".
The End.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Peggo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyskye View Post
Does anyone know how to change the screen size for POTCO online, because my friend is having trouble. The screen where you make your character is so big that she can't click the "next" button.

Mrgoopy, when I sign on there is no lag.
Yeah you have to change your screen resolution size. I don't know what you're running but the numbers have to be smaller for it to fit.

I have to agree with Claw.
VMK seemed like a wonderful idea when it first opened, but it changed. The goal does seem to be to acquire as much as possible, and learn to not speak proper English, (as if this wasn't a big enough problem without VMK).

Pirates Online gives you real quests and real opportunities to actually talk and make friends. I realize the limited chat in VMK is to protect small children, but for anyone else it's extremely limited. And when you look around in Pirates, you can feel like you are in the movie, because the island depictions are that good. It's still new and has it's bugs, but I'd really rather spend my time in Pirates these day.

VMK is just so frustrating.
What I would like better than both the games would be a melding of the elements, the intense graphics of Pirates set in Disney Parks. I would never leave!

Last edited by TopazR; 11-07-2007 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: double post