Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old My Letter To Mr. Iger-Save VMK- Bugdozer

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:46 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I tried sending him an email a couple days ago, and they sent me an email back saying that there was no such email or something like that.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:04 AM
Zhilo

zhilo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oh my bug, that was so inspiring, i am crying as i write. so nicely worded, this needs to be sent to the CEO of disney! its so inspiring
i remember when yavn talked about slinkyman in the Yavn Speaks edition.

Best Wishes to slinkyman and everyone else,
zhilo
Old 04-14-2008, 03:26 AM
« How Unfortunate
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
CapnOlaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugdozer View Post
Actually Yavn works for Disney not Sulake
Oh, okay. I thought he worked at sulake.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:23 PM
VMK name - LadyCopper

ladycop67 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Great letter bug, didn't know your son was slinkyman.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:27 PM
VMK Pal Creator
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Carioca is as Frosty as a Snowman
That's a beautiful letter! You've done an incredible job in expressing what VMK means to us. Regardless of what effect it may or may not have, thank you for sharing it with us.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Goodbye Everybody :)

FrontierMarky is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thank You Bugdozer for a great letter. I work in a hospital and am on-call all of the time. I see so many things that many people cannot imagine. VMK is a great escape for me and my little men also.

I wish you all the best and for Slinkyman too.

Keep up your spirits no matter what.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered+

Angel Fancy ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
That is such a beautiful letter. If Disney turns their backs once more on this, I will lose all the respect that I had for them. I have seen your son in VMK and he is amazing. My heart goes out to you and your family. Thanks for sharing your letter. God Bless. Angel Fancy
Old 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Tour for short
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

mktourist is as Frosty as a Snowman
First, let me say that your letter is awesome Bug. Everyone who has ever interacted with or read posts by Slinkyman here on the forum will be touched by the experience. Although I'm certain he's content to be the same as everyone else, we can all recognize just how special he is. This is a great reflection on his family and friends. With that said we will always keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers regardless of the disposition of VMK.

Although we all know that the inception of the game was basically a marketing project tied to the 50th celebration, Disney never envisioned what this game has become. Walt's vision was for a place where families could go to share fun and enjoyable experiences. He was very innovative and embraced new technologies to accomplish that goal. I think he would be thrilled to see the opportunity and potential that this game has to spread that vision and reach families around the world. Many of us who are fans of Disney share that vision.

Hopefully! we will see a return of the game sometime in the future. I think Disney will come to realize that there is already an established, dedicated fan base that would welcome it's return in some form. It's unique in the sense that it brings some of the feel of the park into your home. There is no other game out there that can match that, including the new pay to play projects that they are undertaking. Since Disney's magic is a global phenomenon, not everyone is in close enough proximity to enjoy the magic on a regular basis. The game provides a place to relax and enjoy a touch of that atmosphere and builds enthusiasm for the next visit. There are many, who for various reasons, will never have an opportunity to actually visit the park. The game has been their only chance to experience what it would be like. In my view, the game, like the Disney Stores, is an extension of the parks that reaches out to communities and into homes around the world.

Your letter clearly illustrates that. It has impacted people in ways that Disney never anticipated. It is beyond a game it's a social network where people have made friends and enjoyed an opportunity to interact with them regardless of location, health or socio-economic condition. It's brought families together in ways that they never dreamed. It's helped many overcome and cope with tremendous challenges in their personal lives. It's hard for me to believe that Disney wouldn't eventually see the value in that.

I've seen considerable discussion over the economic reasons for the decision. There may also be some legal aspects involved depending on the defined relationship between Disney and Sulake in development of the game. We all recognize that they are valid considerations. However, it is clear to me that many would be more than willing to consider a pay to play option. The game itself is one huge advertisement for everything Disney. Many free games out there on the internet are able to do so simply on the basis of selling advertising space. Considering the amount that they were willing to pay for Club Penguin, it is difficult for me to believe that they can do so without an appreciation for the potential that VMK presents. We all hope that they eventually recognize that potential and find a way to continue the game whether in it's current form or in another modified or updated version.

Tour

Please! forgive the fact that I cut and pasted some comments that I've made on other threads. They are still valid and pertinent to this discussion.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered+

MrMonorail is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Great letter! If you didn't send a copy to Steve Jobs at Apple, you definitely should. As the biggest shareholder of Disney stock and as a member of the Board of Directors of The Walt Disney Company, Steve Jobs needs to be made aware of this unconscionable act.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:17 PM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: AFK
MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
This letter really warmed my heart, and I must say that you are a wonderful father. You take the time to see your son on a game, and to try and support it. You don't think that VMK is a mere game, like my parents do.

This letter is extremely convincing, and I am sure it will work. Good luck to you.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:21 PM
I hate science class...

karasmileyface is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I actually was inspired by this to stop being lazy and pick up my pen and write a 5-paragraph letter last night. I'm thinking about posting it on VMKF before I send it... should I?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Registered+

PanKID117 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I became very emotional after reading this.
It has no words to describe it, it's incredible.
You put so much thought into this, I'm sure you had to look over it a dozen times.
If Disney doesn't reconsider about VMK after reading this, they have lost their minds.
You have truly changed my opinion, by a lot, about VMK!

~pan
Old 04-15-2008, 02:47 AM
Registered+

bugdozer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonorail View Post
Great letter! If you didn't send a copy to Steve Jobs at Apple, you definitely should. As the biggest shareholder of Disney stock and as a member of the Board of Directors of The Walt Disney Company, Steve Jobs needs to be made aware of this unconscionable act.
Hi,

Have an e-mail address for this person you can PM me and I will gladly send it

Bug
Old 04-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by karasmileyface View Post
I actually was inspired by this to stop being lazy and pick up my pen and write a 5-paragraph letter last night. I'm thinking about posting it on VMKF before I send it... should I?
I would enjoy reading that And again, Great letter bug, I could never write something that wonderful.

~gorams~
Old 04-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I'll give this a bump since this great letter illustrates the value of keeping VMK running. This is the kind of thing we need near the top of this cause with the people to contact. Every encounter I have had with Ink in the game impressed me at the mature and friendly behavior he always exhibited. It is for kids like him that I want VMK to remain for.