Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old A Response from WDIG (Walt Disney Internet Group)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I got the exact same letter it's like if it has VMK in it that's the automatic response... that means they're tired of complaints! we're almost there!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:07 AM
and all that jazz!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

OmButterfly is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is not going to make me give up, this is going to make me fight harder!!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:08 AM
MarcMarc on VMK

FantasyKeith is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper View Post
Wow.. I am crying, U all are still trying .. U all are thinking that this is not what Walt would want, I'm sorry, U all are doing what walt did NOT want, rebelling?? this isn't Bacon's Rebellion guys, please dont make it that way, Walt always said to move Forward.. u guys are doing the opposite, Yes there are MANY causes worth fighting.. but u all are fighting for the wrong cause, instead u all should be looking to the future.. obviously u aren't.. and by the way, when a TV show gets discontinued, this ussually happens, and its ussually way bigger, but guess what, It does NOTHING, I'm sorry guys, but u all are not building Walt's dream, ur really just building ur own..
People have brought back cancelled shows before as recently as last year with a show on CBS called "Jericho" -- people sent the powers that be Nuts. The powers that be, relented, albeit for a shorter than normal season, but they caved to the demand. So it is possible to change the high-ups minds.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:11 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Is "Keep Moving Forward" their excuse for everything?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:15 AM
and all that jazz!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

OmButterfly is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
Is "Keep Moving Forward" their excuse for everything?
I think it is! Oh Walt, why did you have to say that? Why couldn't you have said something like "Always keep popular things opened"?!

But seriously, "Keep moving forward" doesn't mean you have to get rid of everything you just created. It could mean keep adding new things to VMK!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:22 AM
₪ ø lll ·o.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Insomnious
spot41414 is covered with Confettispot41414 is covered with Confettispot41414 is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth View Post
This is exactly the steps to take to get heard. They see most of us as kids and pay little attention to our desires to continue the game. Sometimes we need to speak up in any way that gets notice.
At least with a response being sent out they are getting our message. The response is an attempt to quiet us down - offer no hope.
If anything the response should get everyone's efforts doubled! We have been noticed so let's keep it up!
The only thing that can happen wrong is they will continue with the present direction of closing VMK.

And I think Walt would be impressed by the support and love we have shown for our little Disney world!
Actually, this is not the way to get what you want.
Being melodramatic makes you look plain pathetic.
VMK, granted we all love it very much and have many memories, is a virtual game. Don't say it's more than that, because if you think it’s “more than a game,” you really need to get your head examined.
It is a game. It was always intended to be a game. That’s it.

I believe Walt would be shaking his head and laughing, actually...

They’ve already stated numerous times that they are going to close VMK, but have thanked you for your concerns.
Stop wasting your time.
VMK’s over.
Deceased, croaked, departed, shuffled off its mortal coil, bought the farm, slain, fallen, bit the big one, dead as a doornail, gone, out of business, late, lifeless, taking a dirt nap, kaput, worm food, cashed in its chips, finished, lapsed, pushing up daisies, terminated, inanimate, kicked the bucket, past its expiration date, nonliving, checked out, left the building, bitten the dust, passed away, passed on, isn’t-coming-back-for-the-sequel dead.
Get it? Got it?
Good.

~Spotty
Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 AM
July 17, 2006May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tokrok is spinning in a Cursed Storm
people don't let this discorage you basicaly their just telling us to shut up, they have made their desicion Lets keep fighting!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot41414 View Post

VMK, granted we all love it very much and have many memories, is a virtual game. Don't say it's more than that, because if you think it’s “more than a game,” you really need to get your head examined.

They’ve already stated numerous times that they are going to close VMK, but have thanked you for your concerns.
Stop wasting your time.
VMK’s over.

Get it? Got it?
Good.

~Spotty
The only pathetic look is rolling over and putting your legs up like a whipped dog.
Some have what it takes - some are willing to tuck their tails between their legs and scurry off.
Get it? Got it?
Good.

There are many parts of this that were a game, but the friends I made will continue on past this. I guess to some it is something else.
Head in no need of examination - sometimes you follow your dreams.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
As many have said - this is the beginning.

Now Disney is taking notice of what is happening and this will be questioned within Disney - this is where we need to keep fighting strong, we might have a chance!

(for those who want us to stop - we are fighting in something we believe in, which will never stop us, so please let us continue)
Old 04-11-2008, 12:33 AM
VMK name- RealWildCompany
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

wdmountie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:

Stop wasting your time.
VMK’s over.
Deceased, croaked, departed, shuffled off its mortal coil, bought the farm, slain, fallen, bit the big one, dead as a doornail, gone, out of business, late, lifeless, taking a dirt nap, kaput, worm food, cashed in its chips, finished, lapsed, pushing up daisies, terminated, inanimate, kicked the bucket, past its expiration date, nonliving, checked out, left the building, bitten the dust, passed away, passed on, isn’t-coming-back-for-the-sequel dead.
Get it? Got it?
Good.

~Spotty
So in other words you can easily shake you head and say - it's only a mouse. why do people get so emotional over a mouse? cause that is what essentially created disney. a FICTIONAL character. people became attached to this fictional character. and I don't mind saying it at all - I would be devastated if they stopped making mickey mouse cartoons. I would be picketing outside of the doors trying to get mickey back. same goes for vmk. yes, i did also become attached to this "mickey mouse" inspired game. and I personally do think everyone is doing the right thing standing up for something they have become attached to.

i do not discount your beliefs, but please do not belittle the beliefs of the vmk players trying to save something they DO feel so strongly about.

Also to add to this matter - did the founders of America give up when England bombarded the colonists with new laws and regulation? I think not. Americans stood up and fought to obtain this great nation. Did MLK give up with the fight against segregation? I think not! Did Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony give up to gain the woman's right to vote? I think not! Granted all these examples are way beyond the importance of a virtual game, but the point is we are in America and sometimes you just need to stand up for what you believe in. All these now historic figures were laughed at when they made their stands, but things changed for the better with their stances.

I say GREAT WORK VMK PLAYERS! KEEP IT UP!

Last edited by wdmountie; 04-11-2008 at 12:48 AM..
Old 04-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Heinous Hare
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 15

Evil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expired
Here's the version I would have sent:

> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 1437 -0700
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: WDIG Guest Mail
> From: [email protected]
>
>GALL!, ooo!
>
> Sincerely,
>
>
> -ekb-

GALL = Get A Life, Lamerz!
Think they'll hire me?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
Ink,
If you have met Yavn. Did he seem suspicious? And can you personally contact him?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:43 AM
DisneylandsGreat

monniedisny is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Disney is always moving forward and take one thing away and put something else, but doesn't ever close an entire park down thats just not right, and then to say pay to go to the park and get quest stuff or pay to buy pins to get stuff and then pay for movies to get stuff and then just take it all away from us! and I got the same letter to tell me to pay to play their other sites WHY if they are just going to take it away again! I think they will be sorry for this bc the people that have those memberships that they are relying on for toon town,potc and club penguine will be canceling them and not reneweing bc most play those and this, and if do this to VMK they will not want anything to do with Disney, and as far as bad press for Disney well they brought this on themselves. I hope they wake up and realize this is not right and not even making this a pay to play they would make so much money if thats all they are after, which is wrong but to just take this away period and say ok you lose all your money you spent on this and your time and now go pay to play our other stuff! Do they really think people will be happy and do that NOPE. So besides writing and calling you need to stop paying to play all those other sites that they think are so much more important than this one.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:45 AM
misses VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

ACECpt.RICH is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Congratulations everyone, VMK and Disney is already overwhelmed after only three days!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:

Stop wasting your time.
VMK’s over.
Get it? Got it?
Good.

~Spotty
If vmk is just a game, then WDW is just a theme park. Vmk is wonderful system that lets you communicate with countless people around the world in a matter of seconds, yea vmk is still a game. but its a game with alot of depth to it.