Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered > VMK Remembered Archive

VMK Remembered Archive Archive for VMK Remembered forum.

Old Vmk DID advertise!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:43 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBs_Creation View Post
When people said advertise they ment commericals, on the TV.
Actually, advertising doesn't just mean tv, but I understand what you are saying.

Also, vmk advertised on neopets because there was a mini-game about trivia on the map like you had to memorize it. I played that game and thought it was cool and I joined vmk.

And.. did they cancel that disney magazine? If so, when?
Old 12-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
Actually, advertising doesn't just mean tv, but I understand what you are saying.

Also, vmk advertised on neopets because there was a mini-game about trivia on the map like you had to memorize it. I played that game and thought it was cool and I joined vmk.

And.. did they cancel that disney magazine? If so, when?
Yea, according to the wiki the first issue was made in October 1990 and the last issue was published November 2007.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:56 PM
:It's Churro Time:
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

jackthevmkaddict is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Wow..an ad in two magizines. Amazing.. Now let's compare it to Club Penguin. Club Penguin was on television and was viewed by billions if not more. Club penguin stuffed animals are sold at the Disney store and at Toys R' Us. Technicly that wasn't even advertising vmk, it was advertising the cereal.
Yeah, they sell them at the parks, too, meaning the Club Penguin stuffed animals and "Igloo Playsets". I went to Disneyland recently and found some at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. The whole situation's pretty sad.

::Getcha Popcorn Ready:
Old 02-19-2009, 06:12 AM
Disneyland Fangirl
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 

My Mood: Boo!
Silverpsycho is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBs_Creation View Post
When people said advertise they ment commericals, on the TV.
Advertising comes in all forms from billboards, radio spots, product placement, web-sites and magazine ads to commercials as you mentioned. Advertising is definitely not strictly television media, it appears in numerous abundant forms.

Besides Disneyland's advertisements and the magazine ads as mentioned, I do recall seeing an advertisement online which was featured on another virtual game site. I was rather surprised to find it featured on Habbo Hotel but I grabbed a screen shot way back when to prove it to a friend of mine. If anyone is interested in seeing it, I can try and find it on my other computer.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:02 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverpsycho View Post
Advertising comes in all forms from billboards, radio spots, product placement, web-sites and magazine ads to commercials as you mentioned. Advertising is definitely not strictly television media, it appears in numerous abundant forms.

Besides Disneyland's advertisements and the magazine ads as mentioned, I do recall seeing an advertisement online which was featured on another virtual game site. I was rather surprised to find it featured on Habbo Hotel but I grabbed a screen shot way back when to prove it to a friend of mine. If anyone is interested in seeing it, I can try and find it on my other computer.
I actually have a screenshot of the Habbo homepage advertising VMK. You mean when the monorail came on right? That was a pretty neat advertisement.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Gone - Where I Am.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Adventurous
ElephantEthan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
I actually have a screenshot of the Habbo homepage advertising VMK. You mean when the monorail came on right? That was a pretty neat advertisement.

Yeah but wasn't Habbo made my Sulake, the company that partnered up with Disney for VMK?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Cursed Storm, Buried in Treasure, and Pirate Suit magic isn't enough proof?

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That Kellogg ad was for their little VMK promotion. Didn't VMK added a special room with the pirate ship in it?
Old 08-29-2009, 03:21 AM
Toontown Fan- 110 laffer
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Lurking
Abrahamman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
there were also adds on the Disney Transportation Bus