Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive no posting

Old "Cards expire!" "No they don't!" "But they say..."

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

NASAMan is covered with ConfettiNASAMan is covered with ConfettiNASAMan is covered with Confetti
"Cards expire!" "No they don't!" "But they say..."

Well, it is September 30, 2006, the last 'official' day of the Happiest Homecoming on Earth (tm) at the Disney Parks. And, to celebrate this event, VMK was created to promote the parks and the new rides and attractions to be found! But few thought how successful VMK would be, so initial plans were that it would last through the celebration (sources from various articles on the Forum). To help in the celebration, in-park quests were developed to furthur prompt players to attend a park. The prize for these quests? Why, VMK code cards, of course! Thes cards would promise a virtual prize within VMK, in a way becoming a contract between the player and Disney. But, what if VMK ended with the celebration as planned, and players call up Disney afterward demanding their virtual gift? Lawyers dictated an expiration date be placed on the card, so Disney could say to those callers, 'Sorry, games over, the card is expired'. What it does not mean is that the card HAS to expire! Hurray! And Yavn himself has confirmed it! He said they are extended, but for how long? Could be a few weeks, could be until (gulp!) the end of VMK (horrors!). With this in mind, from a long standing player, here are a few suggestions:
1) Don't spread rumors about the cards being no good after today.
2) It would be a good idea to input unused codes promptly - if you have many, do a few a day until they are all used
3) Do not buy cards from internet auction sites, unless you are collecting the actual card itself.
4) Series 2 cards have a redeem date by Sept. 30, 2007. Like Series 1 cards, this is just to protect Disney. They may expire on that date, but probably will not. It is also no confirmation VMK will be around that long (but let's hope it does!)
Yavn and his team have done a great job developing VMK! It has been fun to watch it grow. The in-park quests and VMK cards are a great addition to the game. Now, be on the lookout for Series 3 cards!

CL_NASAMan on VMK AKA 'Rocket' or 'RocketBoy'

Last edited by Nick; 10-04-2006 at 10:13 AM..
Old 09-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Banned

GBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Ok. I'm officially creeped out. LatinKreationz just asked me the same question and I gave him the same answer about the who knows how long thing.

Maybe we should ask that question in the next Ask Yavn? "How long until they DO expire now that the date has been extended?"
Old 09-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Banned

GBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-gon View Post
So, if we are correct, my "September 30th" card should/could still be entered tomorrow and work.

~Q/S
no, more like if YAVN is correct...

He's the one who said they changed the expiration date. To what? We don't know. See the Ask Yavn thread for his response regarding this.

and yes... "someone" has asked Yavn in our next edition what the new expiration date is.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 6

VIP
LatinKreationz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
For the record, I just entered a code that was expected to expire on Sept. 30, 2006 and the code worked. Please don't post false rumors about the codes not working. If your code doesn't work, chances are you entered it already, entered it incorrectly or VMK is having problems like they normally do. There are times my codes didn't work one day but then worked the next. If I see anymore rumors in this thread about codes not working, it will be shut down. Please do not make any new threads regarding the codes not working. Also, do not spread rumors about VMK closing or when you think they are supposed to close. No one really knows when that is going to happen if it infact is even going to happen. If it does, I'm sure VMK will let everyone know about or just shut down without warning. Remember, it's a free game. It's not the end of the world. Besides, there is always ToonTown!

Thank you!!

Last edited by LatinKreationz; 10-01-2006 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: Closed Thread due to rumors