Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old The 'Toy Story' Franchise Soon To Be Released In 3D!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:31 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
The 'Toy Story' Franchise Soon To Be Released In 3D!

Here's the article from Variety.

Quote:
'Toy Story' gets 3-D makeover
Disney to re-release Pixar franchise
By MARC GRASER

'Toy Story'
Disney is giving Pixar’s 'Toy Story' franchise the 3-D treatment.
The Mouse House is giving Pixar's "Toy Story" franchise the 3-D treatment.

As part of an aggressive move by the studio to turn more of its toons into 3-D releases, company will convert "Toy Story" into the format and re-release the pic in theaters on Oct. 2, 2009. Its sequel will get the same makeover and bow Feb. 12, 2010.

The re-releases lead up to the opening of the newest adventure for Woody, Buzz Lightyear and their toy pals: "Toy Story 3" is slated for June 18, 2010. It will also be shown in 3-D; Lee Unkrich (co-director of "Toy Story 2") is helming.

Studio said John Lasseter, who directed the first two "Toy Story" pics and serves as chief creative officer for Disney and Pixar Animation Studios, will oversee the creative side of the 3-D conversions for "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2."

The Mouse has become the latest studio to push the 3-D format, especially with its animated fare, as a way to lure more auds into theaters.

And for good reason. Studio's seen strong numbers from its releases that have received the 3-D treatment, such as Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas," "Chicken Little" and "Meet the Robinsons." Of the $97.8 million domestic haul for "Robinsons," for example, $30.4 million came from 3-D runs.

Disney's upcoming "Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert," toon "Bolt," the performance-capture adaptation of "A Christmas Carol," the stop-motion pic "Frankenweenie" and live-action/performance capture combo "Alice in Wonderland" will also be distribbed in 3-D.

The studios have set their sights on 2009 as the year for auds to embrace 3-D; by then, thousands of theater screens will be capable of showing off the technology.

Across town, DreamWorks will bow "Monsters vs. Aliens" and "How to Train Your Dragon" that year in Imax 3-D and on regular screens in digital 3-D, with "Shrek Goes Fourth" to follow in 2010.

All of DreamWorks' toons will be produced for the format in the future, Jeffrey Katzenberg has said.

Meanwhile, 20th Century Fox will release James Cameron's "Avatar" in 3-D next year.

"Beowulf" has been the widest 3-D release to date, with 3-D playdates on hundreds of Imax and regular screens having outgrossed traditional runs throughout several weeks of its release.
I thought this was a picture of a "small" advertisement for Toy Story 3, but after further reading on to other sites, this was a poster made by a company called Circle 7 Animation. They were making predictions of how they thought the movie should be and they made their own poster for it. Which is what I posted below. It is not the official poster or advertisement poster for Toy Story 3. Sorry for any confusions.

Last edited by Destination; 01-26-2008 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: Please read note above the picture. This was not the official advertisement or poster for toy story 3.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:27 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
How about concentrating on creating good new movies instead of changing old ones?
Old 01-26-2008, 09:38 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
true. Thats what walt Disney always said
Old 01-26-2008, 09:41 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination View Post
true. Thats what walt Disney always said
...before Cinderella III, 101 Dalmatians II, and The Lion King 1½.

Seriously, a half?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:14 AM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post

Seriously, a half?

Coming next month....

The little Mermaid III!!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:18 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_phoenix View Post
Coming next month....

The little Mermaid III!!
Spin, Walt, spin!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Toy Story was one of Disney-Pixar's best movies. I am certainly not surprised about this at all. I think it would be interesting in 3D.

Quote:
How about concentrating on creating good new movies instead of changing old ones?
WALL-E is coming out soon.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post

Seriously, a half?
For the record Lion king 1 1/2 was hilarious and one of my favorites. I do agree some sequals are just horrible. Although, isn't their some movies where you want to find out what happens next, I do all the time? I don't think they could ruin, Toy Story unless they tried really hard. then again my brother and I can make every movie awesome with our commentaries. Give the sequals a chance, we don't have to do everything the way walt wanted it. Walt isn't the ruler of the world, neither is yavn.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Grunge Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Curmudgeon
Flea is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It will end up just like Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D, useless.
I thought they were making a TS3?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
They are:
Quote:
The re-releases lead up to the opening of the newest adventure for Woody, Buzz Lightyear and their toy pals: "Toy Story 3" is slated for June 18, 2010. It will also be shown in 3-D; Lee Unkrich (co-director of "Toy Story 2") is helming.
Looks pretty interesting to me.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:38 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase

But one thing I heard that was going to be tough for making Toy Story 3, was that I think John Lasseter, doesn't want to be a part of making the 3rd one, because he wants to make new movies not sequels. And the person who voiced Slinky died. So, I think that we might either, not see Slinky or he'll just have a new voice, and I think the animation might be different a little.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
aww slinky passed away? I never knew,
Old 01-26-2008, 08:47 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase

Well, not really Slinky passed away, the voice of him did. Jim Varney.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:36 PM
bigthunderpsycopath

matterhornmaniac is spinning in a Cursed Storm
andy's mom sold slinky on ebay. lol
Old 01-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyman View Post
Toy Story was one of Disney-Pixar's best movies. I am certainly not surprised about this at all. I think it would be interesting in 3D.

WALL-E is coming out soon.
And "Up." is coming out summer 2009!