Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old A bit of Propaganda, a bit of Revisionism, a bit of hi-def-ultra-realism...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:34 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol View Post
I would agree with anyone AGAINST this statement.
Due to the fact that, Some people out in our world - I'm not saying myself, I do my share for both causes - do not have the resources to help the EARTH, So instead they feel a WORTHY CAUSE would have to be helping to save a "Stupid Game" that to most people, Just isn't so stupid.
Well, technically, all you have to do is ride your bike more and eat less meat, but... I see what you're getting at

Quote:
YES.
I spend about 15-20 minutes a week sending e-mails to Disney, And maybe 5-10 making a call/sending a letter.
While I don't devout my LIFE <- And I have one!-> to saving VMK, I do my fair share, And still, Can be completely CIVAL.
No semi-obligatory plug to that really nice thread you made? :P

Quote:
There we go.
Nothing is stopping the people of today, From fighting for two causes.
TWO causes.
VMK and Global Warming.
VMK and the closing of Wal-mart stores on our farmland.
VMK and opening a new pizza place downtown.
VMK and stopping violence.
Any of that, Is completely FINE to do, In a two-some.
Or go for the gold, And add "Stop Pumpkin..ing houses on Halloween.
There is NO SET LAW against how many things you can fight for, So stop acting like there is.
Exactly.

Quote:
Exactly.
I mean come ON.
That VMK stand, Was a GREAT idea!
It brought people to the parks, And it brought fun and questing to the normal Disney trip.
Then, When your trip was over, You could go home, and indulge in the trip all over again, With the added bonus of millions of friends online, and your own home/looks.
Disney could bring VMK back, and still be completely magical.
It's not like they really NEED that much more money anyway.
VMK was not putting them in a whole.
On the other hand, Was VMK contributing to the weight gain rate in the US and BEYOND?
You can't help that, And for all they know, So was closing it.
Hehheh. Meaning not to be mean to whoever holds these opinions, but... it always amuses me when people say things like "VMK was too addicting and made people's grades drop!" or "VMK made people not go outside, and they all got fat instead!"

With that logic, shouldn't we also shut down the rest of the internet, along with television, radio, books, etc. etc.? I can think of a few people who'd think the same way about those other mediums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzietropics View Post
Slightly off topic, but did anyone realize that they never advertised VMK on the Disney Channel? The only place I ever saw it advertised was, strangely, Disney's Magical Express. There's a source video of the video that plays on Disney's Magical Express, but I haven't seen it on there either. Just thinking out loud...
I believe it was also advertised in Disney Adventures magazine... twice.

Quote:
Wonderful World of Disney ain't so Wonderful now, huh?
Didn't the FIRST HSM only come out a year or two ago? O_o

Quote:
Hey, I love Margaritaville. The lyrics to "Fruitcakes" made me feel like I'll never listen to that song again, but then I listened to "Holiday" and I found one of my new favorite JB songs. My other favorite is "One Particular Harbor." Love his songs, but I tend to avoid his concerts and such for obvious reasons.
Psssh. Ever been to a Dragonforce concert before? I went to one in San Diego, and not only was the place packed probably over twice the recommended maximum capacity WHILE everyone was moshing... I accidentally brought my gun-shaped Beyblade launcher with me, and they didn't even notice the gun-shaped object in my pocket. SECURITY AT IT'S FINEST!

Quote:
Where does VMK fit into the last paragraph?
Well, I was kinda getting at how VMK is, essentially, it's own little mini-civilization. It had it's own culture (Disney cartoons, Disney movies... Need I go on? XD), it's own little language that "evolved" from English (On, too, tree, for, hive, sticks...), and, of course, it's own economy.

In fact, VMK's economy was really interesting, because only things bought from shops had monetary value. However, during trading, everything only had value when ranked against something else (Which, coincidentially, is a big point Gamer Theory makes in one chapter. Kinda lazy at the moment, though, so I'll look for it later.) Also, the whole "Sims" thing was admittedly because my brain was shut down, and it was easier to just grab an example from the book than relating it to VMK.

After all, that's the wonderful part about head-scratching philosophical-ish texts, right? Everyone can take something entirely different out of it? XD

If only math was like that...

Quote:
I spent my time trying to acquire items that had value for me. But once the log-in page was gone, they disappeared into cyberspace and meant nothing. I guess the thing about games is that nothing's a given. What you morph that shadow into, or if that shadow is even anything at all, what is the outcome?
^^Gamer Theory, chapter 4: Analog, in a nutshell XD

Quote:
Internets? Wait there's more than one? :O

Quote:
Sounds a little bit like Tron...speaking of...did you know they're making a second Tron? (TR2N)
It was apparently announced at Comic-con Too bad I missed it :/

I hope it's good.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:43 AM
:Dough..

My Mood: Curmudgeon
lol is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
Hehheh. Meaning not to be mean to whoever holds these opinions, but... it always amuses me when people say things like "VMK was too addicting and made people's grades drop!" or "VMK made people not go outside, and they all got fat instead!"

With that logic, shouldn't we also shut down the rest of the internet, along with television, radio, books, etc. etc.? I can think of a few people who'd think the same way about those other mediums.
There we go.
VMK does not MAKE anyone fat, unhealthy, or make them stupid, THEY do that to themselves.
If you decide to spend your life sitting around, That's GONNA happen.
If you do such, You blame yourself.
ONLY.

Siggi Picture made by .:Blue:.
:3
Old 07-31-2008, 04:41 AM
-Insert Title Here-
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Procastinating
SonicBoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
VMK COULD be too addicting but idk if it has that much of an impact.
Whaa? Tron 2? I thought that woulda been made like 10 years ago lol.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
I agree...VMK wasn't just pixels. It was a world of it's own.