Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > In-Park Quests

In-Park Quests Discussion about official In-Park Quests - Closed Till Quests are added back to Parks!

Old Walt Disney World's VMK Central to Tomorrowland?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Question Walt Disney World's VMK Central to Tomorrowland?

Well there has been many many many rumors about this and there may be one that supports it.

I have an Animation Quest that has a sticker over the top.. The sticker reads:

"Take the correctly completed Quest to VMK Central in the Main Street Cinema to claim your earned virtual reward."

But.. When you peel the sticker off it reads:

"Take the correctly completed Quest to VMK Central in the Tomorrowland area to claim your earned virtual reward."

If you read the fine print at the bottom it says:

"Quest valid through September 30, 2008. Visit VMK Central in the Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort for complete details and to redeem your correctly completed Quest Cards"

So it does say Walt Disney World.. and Tomorrowland Area... It simply could be a mis-print crossing Disneyland with Disneyworld but it just seems a little odd..

Post your thoughts.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:44 PM
< All my Pink dogs! :)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

sunnyskye is floating through Inner Space
Nice find! Yes, that does seem a little odd. Most likely a mistake in printing, or maybe those were new cards that would be given at Tomorrowland, if they were to move the quests there.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:56 PM
HappyBirthdayNICKJ.

Marysol is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Interesting, great find ink!
Im going to to see if I have one lying around to take a look myself.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Still looking for Nemo

My Mood: Adventurous
Nemofinder is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Great find, I think this mystery may close to solved
Old 09-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
I saw this too on my own.
MY OPINION is that the quests are from DLR, and they just stuck the stickers over. VMK Central in DLR was in Tomorrowland.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
I saw this too on my own.
MY OPINION is that the quests are from DLR, and they just stuck the stickers over. VMK Central in DLR was in Tomorrowland.
But the bottom says Walt Disney World. Also all the of the WDW bar code numbers are the same and the DLR bar code numbers are the same, but different for each place. I looked at an old Animation Quest and it matches the stickered on one. Hmmm.....
Old 09-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Trader

My Mood: Sunshine
Dizznygrl has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_slinkyman View Post
But the bottom says Walt Disney World. Also all the of the WDW bar code numbers are the same and the DLR bar code numbers are the same, but different for each place. I looked at an old Animation Quest and it matches the stickered on one. Hmmm.....
That's not new. I noticed it quite some time ago. In light of what Yavn told us, I don't think it really means anything.

I was in VMK Central yesterday, and they are completely out of Explorer Tent cards and the 500 credit cards they were giving for Hidden Mickey prizes. They had absolutely nothing other than the active quests and the TV reward. I think that probably indicates they really are closing down for good in just two weeks. Yikes!

Diz
Old 09-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Save VMK We Can Do It!!

smalld is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hey,

I thought i would post a picture:

Ok Much Smaller. LOL

~smalld
Old 09-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Silver Friendship Ears!

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Witchy
OhanaGirl1 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The probably put the sticker over the top because they obviously have changed their minds about having VMK in the parks..
No doubt having printed those in advance.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Dizznygrl View Post
That's not new. I noticed it quite some time ago. In light of what Yavn told us, I don't think it really means anything.

I was in VMK Central yesterday, and they are completely out of Explorer Tent cards and the 500 credit cards they were giving for Hidden Mickey prizes. They had absolutely nothing other than the active quests and the TV reward. I think that probably indicates they really are closing down for good in just two weeks. Yikes!

Diz
I too have quest cards from a few days ago. I didn't say anything was new. And I'm not not sure what you are even talking about. The bar code numbers have been different since the quest cards ever came out. What I'm saying is that the bar code that says go to the Tomorrowland Area at Magic Kingdom in Disney World match the other WDW Animation Quest cards.

The Main Street Cinema closes Oct 8th 2007 and reopens November 20th 2007 as an Art Shop I believe.

The Hidden Mickey quest items are retired anyways, the Yeti has explained that in the past. All other basic quest are retired too, the only ones that should be available are Animation, Thrill Seekers, High School Musical, POTC, and the TV reward.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Great Times, Great People
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
Manchester United is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Is this WDW? I posted a disney park changes and new attractions report and it said that it was moving.. In my mind.. there changing the location and re vamping everything and not closing anything..
Old 09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaGirl1 View Post
The probably put the sticker over the top because they obviously have changed their minds about having VMK in the parks..
No doubt having printed those in advance.
I agree. Usually when a sticker is placed over an already printed item it is because the print is no longer relevant. Instead of costs in printing it over agan - cheaper to add the sticker.
Ans since they shut down the quests at DLR first, made more sense to send the extras over to WDW.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Alice In Wonderland Rocks

My Mood: Bored
strikemaster is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yes although i do think if VMK is still around in a year or two VMK central will be put back. I mean think about it, if u can still buy the cards at DLR, that might be so they can later improve VMK central i've been to the one in WDW but not disney land although im going to DLR in November but any ways it's all about advertising i mean if u can buy the cards for a while, you'll keep coming back and then they can launch a huge vmk marketing campaign with VMK central bigger and better than ever! the vmk'ers will flock to them and they will get the cash they want! its all o obvius although i dought they'll do it. or maybe its bc they're marketing ppl cant get their heads straight. oh well -

-

Strike

Last edited by TopazR; 09-17-2007 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: trip dates
Old 09-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Hero in a half-shell

cyre is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Dizznygrl View Post

Diz
I was there in mid-august, and unless they got more tent cards afterwards, I might have been one of the last or the last to get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikemaster View Post
Yes although i do think if VMK is still around in a year or two VMK central will be put back. I mean think about it, if u can still buy the cards at DLR, that might be so they can later improve VMK central i've been to the one in WDW but not disney land although im going to DLR in November but any ways it's all about advertising i mean if u can buy the cards for a while, you'll keep coming back and then they can launch a huge vmk marketing campaign with VMK central bigger and better than ever! the vmk'ers will flock to them and they will get the cash they want! its all o obvius although i dought they'll do it. or maybe its bc they're marketing ppl cant get their heads straight. oh well -

-

Strike
Aren't the computers still at Disneyland? I'm thinking they're going to move the computers to WDW's Tomorrowland Arcade, and do what they've been doing with DLR, releasing Limited Edition get-with-purchase type cards.

Hopefully they'll do something special with the holidays coming up
Old 09-20-2007, 03:26 AM
Welcome to the Jungle...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

TheFireworkZach is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I will be going to WDW during the Christmas Season so by then, I think they will have something new up and I will be able to get some nice nice stuff (hopefully).

- Zach

Last edited by NaviMap; 09-20-2007 at 03:45 AM.. Reason: Removed trip dates, Please do not give out personal information, thank you