Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old :[ goodbye.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:51 AM
:D

carlenanderic ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
:[ goodbye.

As I think back, VMK seemed to be an important figure in my life. I'm opposed to the closing, but it seems as if there is nothing that we can do..so I must go on. When I joined, I was convinced that Disney was dedicated to their members, and on April 7th, 2008..my whole theory of Disney being a "family" friendly company was converted. Disney isn't about the "family" or "happiness." It's about the money. They cover themselves up. I still enjoy the many things Disney is willing to do for us, but currently I've lost my trust in them. Every week, I would go to Disneyland. I wouldn't go for the rides..for the food..for the exhibits. I would go for VMK. As ignorant as that looks, it shows that I had a dedication towards the game.

The day I joined VMK happened to be May 23rd, 2005. As of 2005, I would get a daily "Disney Adventures" magazine. It was not until that date did I find an advertisement for the game. I immediately hopped onto the computer, and began playing. I found an interesting game, but it was quite confusing. When I began to type, I used to wonder what the red blinking text was for. Many players wondered why I would type with an occasional "###" here and there, but it took time to get adjusted with the dictionary. I remember feeling the excitement..exploring each and every land, trying to compare the virtual with with the real life world..DISNEYLAND! I occasionally went to the park, but it was not until VMK did the park begin to become familiar.

A few months past, and I was familiar with the game. I would switch accounts occasionally. I introduced a few of my friends to the game, and they seemed to catch on fast. Me and my friend MegaSorcererDude we're mainly obsessed with the game Castle Fireworks. Our attention towards the game grew, and we became skilled. We obtained credits which obtained us items. We would obtain Castle Fireworks logo pins and trade them off to a few of our friends. It was not until the Castle Fireworks Remixed game, until we began to lose interest.

Once the fireworks obsession became completely out of mind..I began to trade. I obtained a few basic quest items from my old friend "woowoo" and I grew to obtain the retired quest and beta items. I would build up and up and up, and eventually create a trade room. After enough items we're obtained I went on to offers. On October 3rd, 2006..I achieved my first stitch hat. I called up a few friends who played the game, and they we're shocked. I spent the next few days trying to get a hat for my friend, but we we're unsuccessful.

5 days after I obtained best guest room award for "The Yeti's Prison of Ice!" In my opinion, the room never deserved an award. I became well known from there, and so I met a few more friends. The friends informed me about a popular fan site for the game..(can't say.) I joined and stuck with it. As I could see, (can't say.) seemed to have a large amount of trading threads. Immediately, I began to post offers. Within the next few months I was able to obtain 3 more stitch hats, and 2 more sparrow suits. From there, I became a well known trade.

After a few months, I began to lose interest in trading. I posted quite a bit on the forums..not only on the "trading" forum, but on the off topic forum as well. I seemed to take interest in a VMK fan site, rather then the game itself. After a few 1,000 posts we're made I came to realize that it was pointless to post on a VMK fan site, if you don't take an interest in VMK.

I then started to browse the game actively. I played Castle Fireworks Remixed a bit, and began to become good at it...once again! I learned the concept of them game, as well as the fireworks pattern. I looked up a few guides mainly by GoofyGeggy and Aengus which helped me a bit. I became a well known fireworks player, and met a few friends along the way. I was able to top 7,500.

After, I began to browse the forums...once again. It seems that I went through stages during my "virtual life." When I was told that VMK was closing...directly from LauraBearz..these "stages" began to fall. I began to keep them in variety, rather then just hoping from one...to another.

VMK is stripping 3 years of memories away from me. I tried to stand up, but nothing seemed to work. (can't say.) tended to focus on petitions and supporting sites...but it came to me. Disney is a MAJOR company. We are small and unimportant. A petition with 20,000 signatures won't change their mind. I tried...and I tried...and I tried. We tried to our highest standards, but Disney's standards are EXTREMELY higher. It sickens me to see you go...GOODBYE VMK!

Last edited by carlenanderic; 05-19-2008 at 09:14 PM..
Old 05-19-2008, 01:42 AM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: AFK
MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
This thread is my story, too. It represents many of us here.

Thank you so much for posting this. Thank you, really. I would give you a hug, but sadly, we're on the computer, and the most I can do is hug my monitor, which is the very thing I used to see the "VMK is closing" post... so I am currently mad at it.

Anywho, it's such a shame to see VMK close. Goodbye VMK.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:49 AM
Dog Lover :)

My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
SillyBrightPuppy is as Frosty as a Snowman
Thanks for posting this
It is a story of most of us, I agree
Goodbye for forever Vmk, I will miss you lots
-Sillt

Old 05-19-2008, 09:59 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I agree with this. It was a big part in my life. But VMK closed so that Disney could open up DGamer. I think it opened already but it's almost like VMK but different.