Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Opinions on Maplestory?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:37 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Thank you all for the opinions...I guess I'm not suited for this game. LOL.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:38 PM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

AstroAcer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolsLove View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with uh.. every single post above me.

The only violence in this game is as said, cartoony. You could compare the violence in this game to Toontown. MapleStory has their rules, but just like ANY other game out there, where there are rules, there will be rule breakers. Which is why the_phoenix said "you can say anything." Which actually, is not true. They have a very huge filter in place. Which people bypass, and when it is bypassed, they often get warnings, even suspensions for doing so. As for marriages, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You're not pressured into doing so, it's an optional thing. If/when you get married in game you get TONS of special features that you can only get when married.

I am not going to deny that the Global MapleStory community fails, and fails miserably. That's indeed the reason I myself quit, but within that community you can always find a nice group of friends that'll always make it worth while to live through. And if you can't find one yourself, you can always find one here.

The game itself is actually very creative and fun. It may only be 2D side-scrolling but it's graphics are amazing IMO. Though just like every single MMORPG out there, you will not last long in the game if you do not read up and have patience. This is a grinder, which will take up time. Yes, it is indeed boring, but training is not the only thing you do in this game. There are many fun things to do in it now, and many new ways are invented all the time. You just have to be a bit creative.
Out of curiosity; why would you recommend playing a game with a horrible community?

Old 05-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Be cool by being yourself
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Cool
ccooldudecool is spinning in a Cursed Storm
App: Well for kids no. But it's not really violent.

Op: I'm glad there's no dictionary like toontown and vmk. But there's no tabs like GW where you can close local chat. And it doesn't do #### to cus words.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Heyyy?
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
MyBirdHat is as Frosty as a Snowman
Hmm.. If you get special stuff only when you're married, then a week later, after you get all the stuff and features, get a divorce! LOL

Edit: I just tried the game, and it's pretty fun! Most players are mature enough to not curse, but it can get a bit boring. I don't think you should listen to other people's opinions on the game before you try it out yourself. I'd give it an 8/10.
haaaapppyy new yearr:]

Last edited by MyBirdHat; 06-01-2008 at 03:07 PM..
Old 06-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Dog Lover :)

My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
SillyBrightPuppy is as Frosty as a Snowman
App: kinda I say 13+ cause of marriages and cursing =/
Opinion: Well I just started it its been pretty good I just ignore all the bad stuff.....
But other than that once you meet some nice people its pretty fun
-Silly