Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney TV > Test Pattern

Test Pattern Do not adjust your set. This is the Archive forum for the DCFC

Old POTC 3: At World's End **Includes SPOILERS **

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:18 PM
(:

My Mood: LOL
VMKChrisssy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, If he's back now... and they aren't going to kill will off, then that means that the 4th movie might be of Jack trying to find the fountain of youth. Other than that, I have no plot ideas for the 4th movie o_o
Old 06-04-2007, 02:13 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: VMK
etain is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well if there were to be a 4th movie we still don't entirely know what happened to Calypso. Davy Jones we assume is dead. You'd think he would have to be but then no one seems to stay dead in these movies hehe. Except Elizabeth's father of course. Although in his case it might just be not wanting to pay him anymore since his role is getting more and more minor....gee I'm cynical. The same probably goes for James Norrington.

Plus there's the future of all the other characters (Jack, his crew). I would assume the Will/Elizabeth story arc is over...although perhaps they purposefully made it so it could go either way in case those actors don't want to return for a 4th movie?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Registered+

acemadhatterfan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i did notice that necklace but why would davey jones love her she's weird @_@ in pirates of the caribbean Tia Dalma was talking to will turner i heard her say 'you want to know meh?' and jack stopped it i dont see why they love each other

but really i saw on www.disney.go.com/piratesatworldsend
that Tia Dalma Was hugging Captain Barbossa!! <3 (barbossa) + <3( davey Jones) = She Loves Them Both!!

Last edited by TooHip; 06-04-2007 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: Merged consecutive posts - Use the edit button please!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:13 AM
Hit it Skip

TheCoasterNut is spinning in a Cursed Storm
There were many things I didn't like about the third film, mostly I was angered by the introduction of some minor characters whose stories just end. No resolution, no explanation, they just disappear. But alas, their is hope. I have heard word from a very close friend, that was able to see the world premier at Disneyland, that the ending we saw in theaters is not the same as the one from the premier. The key details of my friend's rumored "alternate ending" are listed below:
Bootstrap Bill stabs the heart, thus becoming the captain of the Flying Dutchman.
Will still dies, but is brought back to life by Calypso.

As you can imagine this would dramatically alter the ending, and the ramifications would affect any future POTC stories. Now after watching the film again after having spoken to my friend, most of the shots needed to create this alternate ending are still being used in the film. But have been edited to tell a different tale.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:38 AM
« How Unfortunate
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
CapnOlaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I found this on the IMDb FAQ.

Q: After 10 years, wouldn't the captain be able to stay on land and leave the Dutchman, considering his love was real?

A: The first assembly cut of At World's End was three hours. Twenty minutes were removed, not including end credits, though producer Jerry Bruckheimer maintained that the long running time was needed to make the final battle work in terms of build-up. One scene cut explained that if Calypso had greeted Davy Jones after his ten years of ferrying dead souls, then he would have been freed of his duty: in turn, Will is freed of his captaincy as Elizabeth remains faithful to him ten years later.

So basically, Will can finally be with Elizabeth and their son.

And before, you ask... Bootsrap Bill could take Will's place as captain.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:55 PM
You can't compare with

Maribeth is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoasterNut View Post
The key details of my friend's rumored "alternate ending" are listed below:
Bootstrap Bill stabs the heart, thus becoming the captain of the Flying Dutchman.
Will still dies, but is brought back to life by Calypso.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnOlaf View Post

And before, you ask... Bootsrap Bill could take Will's place as captain.
So, basically, either one has the same ending. Or rather, the result of each of these endings would be the same. If only thay could have cut some other minor scenes, perhaps they could have shown a better ending, perhaps with Bootstrap sailing away.

And to acemadhatterfan, he didn't fall in love with Tia Dalma, he fell in love with the goddess Calypso. Then, since he was on the first Brethren Court, and he was mad at her for not coming to meet him, he showed the others on the Court how to bound Calypso to human form, and she was stuck as Tia Dalma.

To change the subject, I saw in another movie that I can't remember which one it was, doesn't the Fountain of Youth make you blind or something? (I know its fictional but still)

Oh wait I think that was Gulliver's Travels wasnt it?

Hehe.
Hello.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:46 AM
« How Unfortunate
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
CapnOlaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think we should enjoy the third film and not get greedy for a fourth.

I liked the Movie, but the one I don't really like about the movie is the fact that
They kiiled off some of the best characters. (ie. Sao Feng, Davey Jones, James Norrington).

And if Davey Jones is dead, and he's not captain anymore, what would the locker be called?! "Will Turner's Locker"?!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:35 AM
ish
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Errrrr
Riot is as Frosty as a Snowman
Talking Do you find this pathetic?

OK i was just wondering if you find this pathetic. Ok I went and saw the first showing of pirates of the Caribbean. Ok blah blah blah blah then BANG!! will gets stabbed in the heart and I started crying and I am not joking i promise you do you find that pathetic? I really want to know thanks!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Gotta Love the Blue flips

thesimpson90 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
dont find it pathetic. If you did see the first showing at your theater that was probley really late at night so you were tired and...it kinda caught everyone off guard. He just turned around and stabbed him.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:37 PM
.:♥:§hattered §ilence:♥:.

mynamegorgina is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i saw POTC 3 on the day it came out
i liked it
it was definatly different than the first 2
at the very end (after the credits) was like, really touching
and pappajoefrankbob, i cried too
and so did my friend
it's not pathetic
it's sad

GORGINA
Old 07-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Tim Burton Fan for Life

PinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with Confetti
I saw it the day AFTER it came out. We were all going to see it on opening day, but my mom decided not to, because we were too busy... grr.

It was really good, just like I was expecting it to be. The thing I like about the POTC movies is that they make good sequals, unlike most movies.

I still say my favorite POTC movie would have to be Dead Man's Chest. It was just more interesting, and had better character development than the 3rd.

Oh yeah... I cried, too. Well, almost, when Will was stabbed in the heart. Aghhh, it just made me SO sad :[ I wasn't really sad for Will as much as I was for Elisabeth, though, only because she loved him. Aghhhh :[

~Pink

-The Little Prince
By Antoine de Saint-Exupéry