Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old VMK Vs. Pirates Online

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Play it.

RicksCafe is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I wouldn't know a POTCO from a pothole. But you all have forgotten how addicting VMK is. VMK addicts can't adequately compare VMK to another game... because they're VMK addicts! They're not in their right mind. Trust me on this. Every morning for 2 ½ years, I've risen from my bed with a leap, greeted the day with a smile, and said to myself, "Today is the day I quit VMK!"

Yeah... good luck with that.

Ricks (who is definitely going to quit VMK... tomorrow)
Old 11-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Breath of Fire
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ArgoGreenDragon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yesterday, I downloaded and gave POTCO a go. Big mistake. It took almost half an hour for Port Royal to load, and that was only the tutorial! Now I know you may be thinking that my computer is slow, but Pirates Online is just too much hassle for me. I enjoy VMK because, like Priz and slinkyman have said, people can do whatever they like. Sure there's certain rules, but they're just there for our safety.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
winterislove:)

Mizz.C is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As a few have said theyre two completely different games. At least I think so...

Yes vmk is more childish, but its also really alot of fun if you just want to relax and act like a kid again. I really enjoy it! Its also great for those who cant actually go to disney. sure it has its problems, but nothings perfect!

the when it comes to Pirates Online I think its more for the older ones who enjoy action and adventure. thats all i really have to say on it, even though i never really gave it a chance...

All in all, i prefer vmk but that is just my opinion
Old 11-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Sad
BelieveNTheMagic is floating through Inner Space
I enjoy both, but I enjoy pirates online way more better. VMK seems to be the same old thing over and over while pirates you can adventure sink ships, do quest's, unlock new weapons and all that. Just my opinion
Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Registered+

KrazyLuke ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
VMK and POTCO were created and intended for different age groups.
You can't compare two different types of games.
If you don't like one- it doesn't mean you should put down the other.

Last edited by Mystify_Me; 11-02-2007 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: partial trolling/flaming
Old 11-01-2007, 09:09 PM
< All my Pink dogs! :)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

sunnyskye is floating through Inner Space
I'm just saying that VMK does not have as many features to POTCO, and compared to POTCO, there isn't a point to the game. But I still like both!

Last edited by Mystify_Me; 11-02-2007 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: resolved
Old 11-01-2007, 09:33 PM
maybe were just crazy;

Crazy.Maddie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I dont really want to play " Pirates Online "
You have to lie about your age, if your my age. And VMK is based on disney, and people like me, who dont go to disney every month! Like to feel the magic of it on the computer ♥
Old 11-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered+

bethbeth95 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I agree i haven't exactly played the game yet, but, I would rather do what i want to do instead of doing what i have to do. And i think i like the pirates game on VMK better. But thats just my opinion
Old 11-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Tip your hats...

BellHop is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveNTheMagic View Post
I enjoy both, but I enjoy pirates online way more better. VMK seems to be the same old thing over and over while pirates you can adventure sink ships, do quest's, unlock new weapons and all that. Just my opinion
True, but what happens when you complete all the levels on POTCO? I just started to play this, but i'm sure the levels aren't infinite. I look at VMK as a long term game, they'll always be coming out with new things (as long as it's open).

Saying that, the programmers probably will come out with new things for POTCO, just like video game companies come out with new games. I can't really compare the two. I look at POTCO as a video game and I look at VMK as...I really don't know what I look at VMK as, but I do know it can get boring, but it can always get exciting again when the right month comes along. They are on equal ground for me right about now.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Sad
BelieveNTheMagic is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellHop View Post
True, but what happens when you complete all the levels on POTCO? I just started to play this, but i'm sure the levels aren't infinite. I look at VMK as a long term game, they'll always be coming out with new things (as long as it's open).

Saying that, the programmers probably will come out with new things for POTCO, just like video game companies come out with new games. I can't really compare the two. I look at POTCO as a video game and I look at VMK as...I really don't know what I look at VMK as, but I do know it can get boring, but it can always get exciting again when the right month comes along. They are on equal ground for me right about now.
That's true, but at different times one game will be higher then the other in my book. Right now vmk seems boring, but next week it may be the best game I've played. You just have to wait and see what comes. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:11 PM
< All my Pink dogs! :)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

sunnyskye is floating through Inner Space
Well, the levels can get really long. I played for about a month, several hours a day, and on the entire game, I only got 6% of the way through. And you will have fun sinking ships and doing other things once you complete the game. (If that is possible.)
Old 11-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I like to whisper too!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Baffled
snowegoof has disabled reputation
So it's like Toontown if you get killed or something, you can get your Laff points back at headquarters or something?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:36 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I tried pirates 10 minutes ago i gave up it was in my opinion dumb, i think its because im too used to vmk. I don't like games where u have to win, its just annyoing whre u have a goal and another goal and another so on
Old 11-02-2007, 12:27 PM
CL_xwing in VMK

xwing23 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMK is a advanced chat room with games.

Pirates Online is a good game but in order to fully enjoy it you must pay for a subscription. They let you join for free but allow you to level to three and thats it. You can't do much at level 3 now can you? I was a die hard WOW fan but became very bored with it since the main point was to keep leveling up by doing quest over and over again. You would one day be able to join raids when you were powerful enough but to get there you had to do this. At least with VMK you can talk with your friends and get to them very easily,The staff have some type of event everyday which relates to the theme for the month, you have four mini-games where you can challenge others or three others which are in the arcade for you to enjoy, best of all you can use your imagination to build incredible game rooms, show rooms, ride rooms, and anything else you can think up. In pirates you play a character and move around the world you can't build anything. I am currently working on a secret project room which im sure everyone will enjoy since I have never seen anything like it before in the game. Remember your imagination is the key in VMK and what's the best part of this game? Well its free of course

xwing (Used to be cl_xwing) before they ended the program.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:04 PM
i'm not that girl..

ElphabaTheWitch is spinning in a Cursed Storm
personally, i like vmk better. pirates is not my kind of game. all that walking all over to find things and kill people, eh, no thanks. so vmk may be lacking bit lately with new things, but its a free game. what do we expect? i think some of the things that have done in the game are incredible. again tho, im just not into *video game* games. give me a room, some furniture, and let me change my clothes and i'm happy lol