Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old My Plan to Bring Back VMK

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I wouldn't be surprised. I think they're totally done with it
Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 PM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
How about we just lay low for a little while and then we jump at them on, say maybe, New Year's? It might be too long of a wait for some, but the longer the wait, the better.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabaseballking View Post
There are things called email spam filters?
Here's the thing. A spam filter is designed to filter spam. Emails for suggestions for their company is not spam.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yes but I believe you can have a process that searches through the emails quick and if the subject or possibly the body of the email contains a certain word it could be put into the spam section
Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 PM
up the irons \m/
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Evil
dabaseballking ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
Yes but I believe you can have a process that searches through the emails quick and if the subject or possibly the body of the email contains a certain word it could be put into the spam section
yes..... my point exactly. i've heard of programs that do just that.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Yes, it is pretty possible that the popular targets of VMK emails, like Bob Iger or the head of WDIG have a filter set to clean out VMK-related emails, which is why we want to aim further down the chain. Contacting an employee further down the chain ensures two things:

1) They probably aren't contacted by customers as much, meaning our emails have a smaller chance to get lost in the tides.
2) They're closer down to the level of employee that actually interacts with the customers, meaning there's a higher chance they'll actually listen to us.

Of course, the obvious downside to this is that the further down we aim, the less power the people we contact have to do something about it if they like the idea. Ideally, we want someone who's a level or two above where Yavn was. In other words, someone who still green lights which projects the development teams start work on, but still has to do some pitchwork at company meetings.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
Yes, it is pretty possible that the popular targets of VMK emails, like Bob Iger or the head of WDIG have a filter set to clean out VMK-related emails, which is why we want to aim further down the chain. Contacting an employee further down the chain ensures two things:

1) They probably aren't contacted by customers as much, meaning our emails have a smaller chance to get lost in the tides.
2) They're closer down to the level of employee that actually interacts with the customers, meaning there's a higher chance they'll actually listen to us.

Of course, the obvious downside to this is that the further down we aim, the less power the people we contact have to do something about it if they like the idea. Ideally, we want someone who's a level or two above where Yavn was. In other words, someone who still green lights which projects the development teams start work on, but still has to do some pitchwork at company meetings.
Exactly. We still have the issue of finding some email addresses for lower ranked people. If anyone knows yavn's email, maybe we can ask him (I doubt it would work, but it might be worth a shot)? I doubt he wanted to close it. If you worked that hard on a game for it to be closed would you be happy? If that can happen and we get yavn involved...I doubt it. He'll probably get fired if Disney finds out. We don't need that to happen.

I read elsewhere that someone's friend is on the high score list on some games and he uses the name "Save VMK." Out of curiosity, I checked. He is in 16th place on the Mario & Sonic 100m Freestyle rankings.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:57 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'm in doubt that this plan would work....

however, have some hope. They did say "See ya soon" and not "Good-bye". right? When Walt died himself, he has said Good-bye which is something he never did before to anyone. That is when he died three days later. However, before that he said "See ya soon", "Farewell" or something similiar, yet never good-bye. My point?: Didn't the last news letter and last VMK message before the gates closed say "Se ya real soon" and "Farewell"? I don't recall hearing them say "Goodbye" instead.

My point is, that who knows what the future will hold? The future changes and nobody can always foretell what will happen.

Gotta go for now, but see ya real soon!

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 08-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: AFK
bravejacob is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ok so go to your email, under settings you should see something that says filters go to it set up a filter and put vmk in all of the boxes click save and bam you wont get a single email with the word vmk in it
Old 08-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravejacob View Post
Ok so go to your email, under settings you should see something that says filters go to it set up a filter and put vmk in all of the boxes click save and bam you wont get a single email with the word vmk in it
What if out of pure coincidence, someone where to give Disney an idea about a game called VMK that they never knew actually existed?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Shake your I funny!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Winner Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park
My Mood: Neotenous
Deeda is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
Wow, what happened here, guys? And here I was thinking this was the last bastion of common sense on the internet.

Keep in mind that you're Disney's target audience. As such, they rely on what you think and, more importantly, what you want in order to make money.

Of course our past efforts didn't work. Do you really think Disney would change it's mind only a couple months after the decision to close VMK? No, of course not. It'd only make themselves look like idiots to their stockholders, the other group of people they have to do their best to please.

Give it a try. Worst that happens is they say "No," right?
I agree, and I love your thinking. Disney saying "no" is the worst that could happen, but the result of that could be even more biting. So many people would be disppointed. Again.
Disappointment is exactly what is bringing down our morale and our desire to speak out against the explanations that Disney has been throwing at us since VMK closed. If there ever was, or could be a chance of Disney re-opening VMK we have to find it ourselves, and take it. Giving up should be the last resort. Hear me?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 AM
up the irons \m/
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 

I don't think they want to start over. THey spent a long time developing it, and lots of money too. BTW, See ya real soon is part of the mickey mouse club march song, and mickey says it sometimes in the cartoons.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeda View Post
I agree, and I love your thinking. Disney saying "no" is the worst that could happen, but the result of that could be even more biting. So many people would be disppointed. Again.
Disappointment is exactly what is bringing down our morale and our desire to speak out against the explanations that Disney has been throwing at us since VMK closed. If there ever was, or could be a chance of Disney re-opening VMK we have to find it ourselves, and take it. Giving up should be the last resort. Hear me?
That's what's always boggled me. So many people are scared of being "Disappointed" or "Having their hopes crushed."

So what? Disappointment is rarely a permanent feeling, especially when you always have the opportunity to get up and try again.

I should know. I suffered from severe depression several times last year, and my councilor always told me (In much kinder words, of course) to just man up and keep marching forwards. Things rarely get better just by standing still.

Quote:
I don't think they want to start over. THey spent a long time developing it, and lots of money too. BTW, See ya real soon is part of the mickey mouse club march song, and mickey says it sometimes in the cartoons.
Corporations want to do anything that'll make them money. They're not lazy just for the sake of being lazy like us humans are (Although they will be lazy if it's proven to save them some cash, but that's a different story), especially a corporation with as much manpower as Disney. People go to corporations so they can work, and in turn earn money. As such, it's rather unheard of for a corporation to slack off on the job, especially one with as many eyes on it as Disney.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:31 AM
up the irons \m/
Awards Showcase

If VMK was a promotion, it was launched in order to make Disney money... then closed. It'd be pointless to repeat the cycle.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
dude.
when vmk announced its closing, and AFTER it closed
people sent in well over 10,000 letters and emails to didney.
not one thing happened.

And how many of those e-mails consisted of OMG BRING BACK VMK NAO!
And
SAVE VMK!

I bet less then half where..

How many made sense? Not a lot.

Now is the for me to step in and fight harder then ever.
Forget the people that say oh well vmk is gone!

The battle is not over yet..

- acey