Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Updates/Changes

Site Updates/Changes Information from the admins about changes to VMKF's site and content.

Old What happened?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:43 AM
VMK Pirate

Goldhunt is spinning in a Cursed Storm
What happened?

I come back and it looks like a really old backup of the site was uploaded to the database??? Personal info I had deleted on purpose for privacy was showing up and I was forced to edit over it again. Old PMs were missing. I couldn't find information on this oddness anywhere?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:16 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
Maybe somebody hacked it. Do you have remember me checked off? Other people can access it at anytime.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Busy
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldhunt View Post
I come back and it looks like a really old backup of the site was uploaded to the database??? Personal info I had deleted on purpose for privacy was showing up and I was forced to edit over it again. Old PMs were missing. I couldn't find information on this oddness anywhere?
I'm really not sure how that may have even happened. We have a daily and a weekly backup of the database so we can never loose more than that if something even would happen. We've had no problems with the site lately.

Make sure that your browser is set to auto-refresh each page automatically when you visit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky33325 View Post
Maybe somebody hacked it. Do you have remember me checked off? Other people can access it at anytime.
It's pretty hard to hack into someone's account. They'd have to know the password or use the same computer as you and only if you clicked the remember me button. After just a few failed attempts of guessing a password, it locks up the account and sends an e-mail to the user giving them the IP address of the person attempting to gain access to your account. At which point, if this would happen to you, you should report it to an admin right away.

Now if you had the remember me button clicked, anyone using your computer could gain access to your account here. Though, you'd probably want to ask around your house hold at who may have done that.

Once PMs are deleted, we have no way of recovering them.