Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive no posting

Old New Items - 04-12-08

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Retired
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Disney
StitchRokcs is as Frosty as a Snowman
Room Makeovers 4-17-08

Give Us a Room,
You Get FREE Stuff!

Our HOST makeover a player's room and donate items to the player they get to keep. See the results here, including BEFORE and AFTER pics, PLUS tips you can use to make better rooms.
This week:
cutelittletomboy's
The Sunset Cafe!

This week I found cutelittletomboy building a cafe using the new Main Street and Refreshment Corner items. While she had the general idea for room she wanted she needed a little more direction with the theme. I asked her what her favorite colors were, and what do you know, the colors she picked matched perfectly with the PPR Neverland Flats 2 and 3! And these pieces were the inspiration for – The Sunset Cafe!

BEFORE: The Refreshment Corner Room makes a great meeting place!
The Refreshment Corner room has a natural backdrop ready for a cafe-style room, but you can still change up the space a bit by adding a different background. That's what we did – stacking PPR Neverland Flats 2 and 3 atop PPR Small Islands and then placing another row in front to cover the Islands.
This cafe needs a centerpiece! We made one using PPR Fence Pieces, a Water Carpet, stacked on Space Mountain Poles (small) and a Tiki Tiki Tiki Fountain.
No cafe is complete without food, so behind the counter we placed a Turkey Leg, Popcorn and Churro Cart and an Aquarium Water Cooler. (What you can't see that we added is the three Animators Benches right behind the counter. This will make it easier to have cashiers face forward to help customers.)
To add a little life to the sidewalk we added a pair of Main Street Lamps at our entrance to the cafe.

TIP: It's all about atmosphere! That's what makes a good room, a great room!
You can't have a cafe without places to sit and eat, so we added Refreshment Chairs and Tables around our fountain. On a few of the tables we added Expedition Supplies (to give it a real cafe feeling) and on the rest of the tables we placed Refreshment Umbrellas. The seating arrangement took a while to figure out, but that was part of the fun! Finally, a few Royal Castle Flowers added a touch of color and the room was complete!

AFTER: Friends and guests gather for food and fun!
Cutelittletomboy had to leave the room before we finished but her friends stopped by to try out the room and say hello! You can drop by too! For some rest, relaxation, and good eats visit The Sunset Cafe!
See you next time!

HOST_Bella
Each week VMK's HOST_Bella selects a lucky player from the Kingdom (at random) for a Room Makeover! HOST_Bella then remakes the room – for free – using items that are donated to the players and they get to keep!

Last edited by TravisSch; 04-18-2008 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: Added links to bigger pictures
Old 04-18-2008, 12:06 AM
oooh. wowiieee
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Expert Relocator Participants Award Arcade Winner Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: Baffled
Mintypal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
waiting for bella's special here.. hopefully

omg. can see big image
Old 04-18-2008, 12:08 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yep those walls are coming out tomorrow most likely.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:09 AM
oooh. wowiieee
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Expert Relocator Participants Award Arcade Winner Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 

hopefully i love them!
Old 04-18-2008, 12:10 AM
Retired
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

which ones the short brick or the pink ones
Old 04-18-2008, 12:11 AM
oooh. wowiieee
Awards Showcase

both i like them
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I think the pink walls might come out.
Fan Site Woot!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMK
RedRyan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oh Great. New Items and I cant get them.....
Old 04-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Registered+

Gamesrock is spinning in a Cursed Storm
well everytime she done a special it always released on the same day she did makeover so im assuming she needs to take some time to put in yet
Old 04-18-2008, 12:18 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase

They're on sale now, 250 credits each for the pink walls.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:26 AM
VMK name Blueoceanwater

My Mood: Wishful
blueoceanwater is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow i love the walls.

EDIT:
the pictures are not working
Old 04-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Retired
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoceanwater View Post
Wow i love the walls.

EDIT:
the pictures are not working
pictures for the new items are located here http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/show...45#post1990445
Old 04-18-2008, 12:31 AM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Eh, not my favorite room makeover..
Old 04-18-2008, 12:32 AM
VMK's true DJ! :D Remix!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tris-Remix is as Frosty as a Snowman
Nice room Bella has style
Old 04-18-2008, 12:33 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
That's such an awesome room. It's gonna stink so bad to see all this go.

Also, in the left of the room, where it has the Turkey carts and the other food stuff, can you go back there and put furniture there or did that come with the room?