Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old is virtual FAMILY kingdom also stopping vmk from reopening?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: SaveVMK
starwolf97 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Question is virtual FAMILY kingdom also stopping vmk from reopening?

i heard somewhere that there was another game called virtual FAMILY kingdom and it said that some staff members moved over there and may not come back to vmk. i also have noticed that it looks just the same as vmk such as the map looks the same, the chat bar on the bottom looks just like the way vmk set it up, they copied the games on it, your character looks the same as vmk does, except it isnt as fun as vmk was because it had it a lot less advanced, but vfk is a pay and play game, with this competition do you think vmk will make it now? or is vfk even doing that much against vmk? and the question remains why vfk did not get in trouble for this by disney.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:05 PM
.:808s And Hearbreak:.

My Mood: Awkward
Samyz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I highly doubt it. I don't think someone would make a knock-off of a MMORPG after that one closed down. VFK is still doing beta testing last time I went on, so IDK. :/

~Samyz

Ahh, love. Tis soo young. I think...
~<3
Old 08-21-2009, 07:25 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
I wouldn't think so. I think there are still a lot of loyal VMKers out there that still support the game. I don't VFK is a lot of competition for Disney...
Old 08-21-2009, 08:39 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
no, VFK's like totally zonked out now dude... i think it's past beta testing LOL they have a bunch of features vmk never had.
only bad thing is...
the people are ugly and there's a lot of lag.
but besides that...

i don't really play it though.
i want VMK, not vfk.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:49 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
I do play VFK, and it is not still in beta.
I would quit VFK in a heartbeat to play VMK again.
And it's no competition for Disney.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
No, VFK is not competition for Disney because they don't have the incredibly big podium that Disney has to market their products. If Disney marketed VMK as a pay-to-play right now, I don't think VFK would be much of a problem. When the Disney tag is thrown on something, expectations become high and many people give it a try. If VMK was successful then as a free game, I don't see how it could be unsuccessful as a pay-to-play. Come on Disney, just try it!

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:00 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
No, VFK is not competition for Disney because they don't have the incredibly big podium that Disney has to market their products. If Disney marketed VMK as a pay-to-play right now, I don't think VFK would be much of a problem. When the Disney tag is thrown on something, expectations become high and many people give it a try. If VMK was successful then as a free game, I don't see how it could be unsuccessful as a pay-to-play. Come on Disney, just try it!
I agree.

However, I do believe that VFK has made people happy (enough to hate Disney apparently...) which therefore weakens the movement.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:26 AM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
I like VFK and no it's not stopping VMK from reopening. VMK is waaay better. VFK does have really ugly faces and no dark skintones so that's two thing I don't like about it.

ƒαв out,
t ♥ b u ℓ ☮ u s

Old 08-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillJacob View Post
I agree.

However, I do believe that VFK has made people happy (enough to hate Disney apparently...) which therefore weakens the movement.
Definitely! VFK still would have an impact on Disney, just not that big of one.

Hmmm, I feel like I need to make something up that I disagree with you on . This is just weird agreeing lol.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:57 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award 

its great that vfk isnt as big competition as vmk but i still think disney doesnt want ANY competition for the best reopening if it were to open again
Old 08-25-2009, 04:10 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

VIP
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf97 View Post
its great that vfk isnt as big competition as vmk but i still think disney doesnt want ANY competition for the best reopening if it were to open again
VFK isn't competition at all. VFK tried to capitalize on VMK's closing and only fills the void by providing a place to see old friends (but barely...) The minute VMK re-opens, VFK will most likely lose popularity. The issue is that some people are so pro-VFK they refuse to buy anything from Disney again, which reduces the members of our movement. It's something that shows lower demand for VMK (when there is plenty more than is being shown,) but nothing that hurts Disney in terms of money. It just deceives them.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VFK ain't doing competition with Disney at all. Besides, people have talked about VFK days before VMK closed. There way off from Disney, so why are they competition?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

ok i guess vfk is like 1% competition and 99% not competition to vmk but i wonder why they didnt get sued because it looks like they copied vmk but less advanced
Old 08-27-2009, 05:18 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf97 View Post
ok i guess vfk is like 1% competition and 99% not competition to vmk but i wonder why they didnt get sued because it looks like they copied vmk but less advanced
Well, yeah. VFK copied alot of stuff from VMK, but it was a completely different game. I mean, VMK had magic, and VFK had history, so that's why. I can't believe so many keep playing VFK tho.