Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Polls & Surveys > Norwegian Blue

Norwegian Blue POLLY WANT A CRACKER?!!! IT'S A DEAD POLLY!

Old Do you ever get made fun of for playing VMK?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: Do you ever get teased for playing VMK?
Yes; it bothers me 32 17.20%
Yes; it doesn't bother me 56 30.11%
No 98 52.69%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Backkk;

MaidMarianne is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i dont really tell anyone so they cant tease me My friends are always on at me to tell me whats distracting me whenever i am on IM, but after bugging me for about an hour then generally give up
My grades haven't started to drop yet, although i definitely think i spend FAR!!! to much time on VMK!

Btw, i am in year 9 over here in the u.k so that would be a what? freshman?i dont no.....
Banned

<3Girl<3 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'll nvr tell any1 i play vmk cuz itl be weird(7th g).....and il nvr think of playin vmk during school/class, cuz i rarely even think about the game in school, and 2, ill be embarased, and vmk is only fun for a lil bit of time, it aint the kind of game that will have me playn for more than 2 hours a day, or have me playn every day
Casually calm & collected

Mikailah is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is a great topic.

Okay.. well, I am a sophomore in high school right now, and I honestly cannot imagine myself talking to my friends about VMK, LOL. I find it just a tad bit (sarcasm) embarassing. I already get made fun of for playing VMK by my family, but in a nice and humorous way. :]

Like for example, when my family went to Disney World, I completed all the VMK quests and went on the VMK Insider Tour where I answered almost all the questions. So I was a little obsessed over the the VMK cards. Now whenever I talk about wanted to go somewhere, my dad always says, "Oh, want to get more cards? Let's go to the tour to get more cards!" and stuff like that. It seriously is hilarious. XD
Old 12-17-2005, 08:59 PM
&lt;-My Walt Disney World

Middiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with Confetti
I just Graduated high school...

I would agree with it being "kiddie" in liking Disney, to a certain extent...

the Walt Disney Company has so many branches and parts to it, that it really depends on what part you are talking about...

Being obsessed with the stereotypical "Disney" movies, I would agree, would be childish, and would be embarassing to tell other people as a teenager...

But being obsessed with Disney's theme parks is a whole other story...

If somebody is obsessed with anything, whether is be Disney or something else..., it's going to be weird to others...

But VMK is supposed to be about Disney's theme parks, not the stereotypical childish part of the company...

I remember when I lived in New York... when anyone would get to go to Walt Disney World, people would be nothing but envious of the person...

so I guess if someone saw you playing it, and you said you got introduced to the game while on a vacation to Walt Disney World or Disneyland... I think even teenagers would be curious of what the game is about... But if they found out you were obsessed, they might find it a little stranger. But who's to say that it's the "Disney" part and not the Obsession part that has everybody so judgemental.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:19 PM
thinks he's the one.
Awards Showcase
Graphics Trio Award Spooky Scribe Award Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Cakee is floating through Inner Space
8th Grader here, people just have to accept that you're a HUGE disney freak like meh
Everywhere you look around me... Disney, disney left, disney right.
i don't really have a problem with it and neither have any of my friends.
they all know i'm a bit @_@, so yea... lol
i'm not ashamed or something.

~Cake

Last edited by Cakee; 01-08-2006 at 03:54 PM..
Old 12-17-2005, 10:28 PM
So the drama.

witchesrock is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm still in Elementary school, and one of my best friends is an active VMK player, so...yeah.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:28 PM
it's|the|revolution.

My Mood: PandaExpress
Pinkdust is covered with ConfettiPinkdust is covered with ConfettiPinkdust is covered with Confetti
im in 7th g and i am home schooled - most ppl think i dont get enough ' social time with other kids my age ' but i really do have a lot of friends. - back on subject!! lol
a lot of my friends play vmk and if they don't almost all of them know how much i love it b/c it's all i ever think about lol! ( computer geek here and don't u forget it HAHa! lol lol jk jk ) and my friends who don't know about it would not think i am weird for likeing it b/c thats why their my friends lol
Old 12-17-2005, 10:39 PM
<--- Best Band EVER!

Tallulauh ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I'm in Jr.High and ,sadly, most preteens think disney is for babies (although i know that even the most popular of students still enjoy watching Cinderella or Dumbo) So I really haven't told anyone about it except my BFF because well, I tell her everything and my twin brother because well we've known each other forever (literaly)

so I answered 'no'
If people don't know you play vmk how can they make fun of you for it?

Last edited by Tallulauh; 12-17-2005 at 10:59 PM..
Old 12-17-2005, 10:42 PM
♥♥♥

sofunjazzie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
im a freshman in a High School and i never have admitted i play vmk only to my best friend and when i introduced her to it, she started to like it too
Old 12-17-2005, 10:45 PM
(insert user title here)

Annientink is as Frosty as a Snowman
Well, yes I get made fun of (sort of). When my friend saw me on these forums, she gave me a strange look as if- This is what you do in your spare time? People around me obviously don't know Disney because of the fact that they were amazed how I knew the year DLR opened . I just accept that I am the biggest Disney lover in my community
Old 12-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Wake up VMK!

Goomba is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My sister and my sister's friend are in Jr. High and they still play VMK and LOVE Disney. In our school, everybody really appreciates other's opinions. So no was my answer to the poll.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:51 PM
im rad

iliketodancelikewhoa is Buried in Treasureiliketodancelikewhoa is Buried in Treasureiliketodancelikewhoa is Buried in Treasure
im in 7th

i am proud that i play vmk i love it got some my friends from schhol into it
Old 12-17-2005, 10:57 PM
CauseShesCoolLykeThat

girlygril is spinning in a Cursed Storm
you should just tell them that u play on VMK but don't tell them what it stands for because most people have no idea and if they ask say u don't no or make something else up that VMK could stand for
and i got alot of friends and cousins(sp)into playing VMk and they LOVE it
Old 12-18-2005, 01:36 AM
That's pretty schweet.

PinkFrappuccino is as Frosty as a Snowman
None of my friends play VMK, or know anything at all about computers.

You see, believe it or not, in real life I am like a dumb blonde. (Even though I'm not blonde, I hope you get the point.) NOBODY knows that I'm great at computer programming, and html, and go on multiple websites. I am like a regular popular girl at school, and a pathetic nerd on websites. All people notice is the way I draw; I get the same reaction at school all the time.

"You traced that..right?"

I'm not trying to be conceited, but just telling the truth. That is my story...Of life.

Grin and bear it. (LOL, bear.)

-Amy

I used to be ambika456, in case you remember me as that.
I am PinkFrappuccino and JDCowboy on VMK.
My name is Amy, you can call me that.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:40 AM
with ♥, Cheetoz..

lilcrunchycheetoz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm not sure if I'm the only person playing VMK at my middle school. I'm an 8th grader..and I do play VMK when I get the time AFTER I finish homework.