Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Trading Post

Trading Post Arrange, Offer, Request Trading of Items, Pins and other things from Virtual Magic Kingdoms

Old posts asking for the trading of ACTUAL TRADING CARDS

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Foolish Mortal

Lady is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think it would be great to have an 18+ forum to do stuff like trading the actual cards, etc.

That said, I don't see how they could verify it. The internet is so anonymous. Even if they required scans of some form of ID to join, a kid could just scan their parent's ID.

I've always got some extra VMK cards whenever I go to Disney for possible trades. I don't know what good that'd do since we can't arrange meetings. But I'm always hopeful I'll stumble upon someone else as crazy as I am.

Engaged at WDW August 8, 2005.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:05 PM
₪ ø lll ·o.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Insomnious
spot41414 is covered with Confettispot41414 is covered with Confettispot41414 is covered with Confetti
i can't tell the difference lol i'm not on alot
Old 01-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Miley Fan:D

RedRockingMint doesn’t quite have what it takes to pull out the sword
thank you for informing us sillyprincess.
woot woot! 600th post!
Old 01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
WDW Tours Provided Daily!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Stunt is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady
I think it would be great to have an 18+ forum to do stuff like trading the actual cards, etc.

That said, I don't see how they could verify it. The internet is so anonymous. Even if they required scans of some form of ID to join, a kid could just scan their parent's ID.

I've always got some extra VMK cards whenever I go to Disney for possible trades. I don't know what good that'd do since we can't arrange meetings. But I'm always hopeful I'll stumble upon someone else as crazy as I am.
It would be hard. Not trying to say my idea is perfect but if we have one person who is a mod, they have access to names and addresses already, what would the harm be in having them facilitate the trade.

Like I said Win / Win- Someone else gets cards and the board can raise some extra cash.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:19 PM
R.I.P. CL_WantToBeWalt :(
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 9

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
CiscoRau is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunticonaol
Sorry for the double post but I just had a great idea.

I haven't seen many people that actually trade cards so I don't think this will affect that many people, but I could be wrong.

Have any and all trading of cards be MOD regulated.

Meaning, anyone that wants to trade cards they will PM mods.
The person trading will mail them to a MOD and the MOD will mail them to the person, this way only MODS know what's going on.

Each person could include $1 or $2 so that the MODS could get the packaging and shipping paid for and have extra on each one to contribute to the website. This way trades can be safely done and the website gets a small contribution.

I would even volunteer my self (I know I am not a MOD but would be willing to help) to do this.

What do you guys think???
You know, I was toying around with the same idea. How about a new site (VMKCardTraders.com) that would do this same thing. Send it to a "neutral" site and have a "worker" do all the trading. Would be easy to set up.

On another note, I find that the whole "safety" issue that the MODS are tauting is just a convenient front. Have you ever tried the "Send and Email" link in a person's profile? It says right at the bottom that you are SENDING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS to the other person. If safety really is an issue, why do they allow this?!? Also, why let people but their AIM, MSN or other IM IDs in their profile. They are providing a convenient way for people to trade information while seemingly tauting safety. (Oh and don't point it out or you'll get a 3 day ban. Trust me...)
Old 01-03-2006, 09:19 PM
The One and Only Smoop!
Awards Showcase
Scavenger Hunt Participation's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Busy
Smoop has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSmoop has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSmoop has turned into a Bat and is flying around
The other problem with online trading is the validity of the trade. What if you trade a bunch of VMK cards to someone on the forums and you don't get anything in return? VMKForums can not be found liable with any kind of loss you take since NO PERSONAL INFO must be given in the first place. You break the rules, then you get no cards. As a pin trader, there are places such as Dizpins and PinPics for those kinds of things. Even then, I have been burned on a few pin trades myself. Remember, online trading can be easy and convenient, but it's also dangerous and you can get scammed. The best thing to do is to trade your cards with your REAL life friends (not friends you made online) or trade when you're at a Disney park.
“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”
Old 01-03-2006, 09:28 PM
WDW Tours Provided Daily!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Stunt is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoop
The other problem with online trading is the validity of the trade. What if you trade a bunch of VMK cards to someone on the forums and you don't get anything in return? VMKForums can not be found liable with any kind of loss you take since NO PERSONAL INFO must be given in the first place. You break the rules, then you get no cards. As a pin trader, there are places such as Dizpins and PinPics for those kinds of things. Even then, I have been burned on a few pin trades myself. Remember, online trading can be easy and convenient, but it's also dangerous and you can get scammed. The best thing to do is to trade your cards with your REAL life friends (not friends you made online) or trade when you're at a Disney park.
You have an excellent point. But there is no way to know for sure. Also I live in Florida and have no friends that go to Disneyland in California. So I have no way of getting those cards. It's a paradox I know but I guess you have to take a chance.

I personally trade in game buyable stuff in bulk for real cards which the codes have been used on. This way if someone does burn me and does not trade me the cards all I really lost was some current buyable stuff.

I just did a trade where I gave someone 15000 credits worth of stuff. When I receive the cards I will give them 15000 more. She has already told me that she will mail me a new Monsters Inc card when it comes out on Friday.

This person also had a lot of posts on the board. I would not attempt a trade with someone who only had like 5 posts. Besides, there are certain people on the board that you see all the time and have to take a chance and hope it works out.

That's all it is, taking a chance.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
What? You Say Something?

SoccerKaitlyn is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I saw the title warning and I am like omg and I started shaking......
Old 01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Basamento Di Scossa

PixelProphet has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PixelProphet has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
what about the pople that are well above the 18 year old age limit, can we still in good concience pm this information in order to give away used cards?
Old 01-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Hall of Fame
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

bfen is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thank you for adding this rule.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:41 AM
Ranter

the Disneyhollic is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Question

I fail to see how a 18 or older rule could help. All that I could see this doing is makeing younger people (like myself) want to create another VMKF account and to say that their DOB was sometime in the 80's. I am shure that there is something that I am missing here and some way to stop this from happening, I just dont understand what that may be.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:52 AM
Viva Le Apples!

AppleBees is as Frosty as a Snowman
Thanks Mods It is always great that somebody is watching over out backs. And I am too against giving PI too .
Old 01-04-2006, 06:02 AM
Registered+

cutie2 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
that is really dangerous thanks for reminding us of that!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:09 AM
Registered+

captange is spinning in a Cursed Storm
one time i did it i was trading with some kid in the Dinsneyland park i was on the pirates of the carribean ride and i found a stack of all the quest cards u can get in the park there were tea of each themn i traded some for lots of bird hats to a kid by matterhorn i just met him there so whole different story from this
Old 01-05-2006, 05:11 AM
Boys + Music = LIFE

kidkid9393 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ok yes maam miss silly princess maam