Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old 1982 EPCOT Map

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sporkness
Centurey is as Frosty as a Snowman
1982 EPCOT Map

I recently found this online. Shows how much it has changed!

Credit to the person who put this on the internet :p
DIFFERENCES:
World of Motion now Test Track
Horizons taken down. Now Mission: SPACE-Corrected by ozzietropics
Africa now Norway/Outpost
Journey into Imagination is now Imagination!
The Living Seas is now The Seas With Nemo and Friends
CommuniCore is now Innoventions (and related places)
No Leave a Legacy
No Back Gate-Thanks Pinkglitter

Last edited by Centurey; 12-06-2008 at 06:33 PM..
Old 12-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Interesting.. that explains the Outpost on World Showcase, it was once much bigger and took up Norway!

Thanks for posting!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Wow! Also there is one more different. There is no back gate. There is a back gate between France and the UK its a walkway for Epcot restore stayer and a walkway/boatride to Hollywood studios.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1
Ah, your right.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:35 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
That's really cool thanks for posting. Epcot used to be way cooler, than they went and ruined it. Oh well, atleast they still have Spaceship Earth.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:37 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I've never been to Epcot!! Hopefully for or by my high school graduation I've gone or I'll be going.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:50 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Its cool because all Africa is now is like a couple of umbrellas and a coke machine.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 12-06-2008, 06:13 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurey View Post
Horizons taken down. Now Mission: SPACE, and possibly where Wonders of Life was/is.
Wonders of Life was built in '89. It was separate from Horizons, and besides the fact they were near each other, one wasn't torn down to make room for the other. (Except for Horizons and M:S.)

Quote:
No Back Gate-Thanks Pinkglitter
Nice!
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 12-06-2008, 06:54 PM
wants to play some soccer
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

abbycatkid is as Frosty as a Snowman
Oh, the good old living seas.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Missing...
Illuminations isn't there
The theater at the American Pavilion is not there
and the Epcot sign at the bottom left has changed.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:35 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Wow, that looks so awesome. I like the old Disney maps with the way they draw the rides and the colors they used.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbycatkid View Post
Oh, the good old living seas.
Yea, I agree. I remember back when the living seas water was blue, now the water is...a green I think. It's digusting, I can't stand going their anymore.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1
I loved the living seas. I went on the Seas with nemo and friends and I almost cried because of what terrible things they did to it.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:06 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Thanks for posting it..
- acefredfred
Old 01-04-2009, 03:39 AM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow! That's something different, eh? Completely different from Walt's image of it originally.