Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old How Has VMK Made Your Life Better?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:36 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
How Has VMK Made Your Life Better?

Hey guys! Probably haven't heard from me in a while, I'm sure. I'm still here. Just, not frequently.

Anyways, to the point of the topic. Yesterday in my Computer Applications class, I got finished with my tasks really early like I usually do, and the really slow typer that sits next to me asked me (like he always does when I finish early) how I type so fast. First thing that came to mind? VMK. I used that extra time in class to go over the great times that I had on VMK and realized that it was a big part of my childhood.

It taught me how to type faster. Helps me in English and Computer Apps. That's always nice. And it taught me spelling. That dictionary kept you in line pretty well. But.....these were only sub-reasons. VMK did so much more for me than help me in school.

VMK taught me about money. Working for it, saving it, and spending it. Of course working for the money was fun, but still. VMK gave me the great money skills I have today. When I first started playing VMK, I was careless with my credits, just like I was with my real life money. The more I played VMK, the better I got with credits, the better I got with real life money. I finally got it through my childish head that I didn't have to spend money the second I got it. That skill's really going to help me in life.

VMK also taught me wheeling and dealing. AKA, trading. I learned the steps to shopping for something you want - Researching, Searching, and Finalizing. I learned not to overspend for something I didn't want, and not to accept something that was going to severely rip off the other person. These negotiating skills really help me, just like the money skills do.

VMK taught me friendship and socialization. I made friends, I kept them. I learned to hang out with friends that cared about me, liked me for who I was, and followed the VMK rules instead of ones who don't. Just like real life.

And, probably most important of all, VMK taught me how to be a kid. Well, I could have done that all my own, but still. VMK made my childhood fun. I made friends, and I made memories. Lots of days in Elementary, I'd have bad days at school, but I always felt better knowing that I'd have something fun to come home to - VMK.

............but I will never forgive VMK for messing up my ability to count. On, To, Tree, For, Ive, Gah!!

So, now I'm finished with my lamely-written overview of my experience of VMK. Now that I've written my explanation, you write yours......how has VMK made your life better? Whether it was specific things in life like mine, or just making you feel happy on days that you felt bad, feel free to share.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Wow, Polar! Those reasons are a lot like mine.
(And...I actually like how VMK ruined my counting skills. Haha...)

VMK helped me a lot with my typing skills, I used to type at around 40 words per minutes and I'm now at around 80. It's great, really.

As for money...well, it's helped a bit. VMK did not cure my spending crisis, however. I'm still a ridiculous shopper.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Bizzlebits Haha
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
Baconbits is floating through Inner Space
Vmk was what made me who I am today. It ensured life lessons, friends, and memories that will never be forgotten as well as good times that will not be missed but remembered with a happy feeling. The closing of it's virtual gates also made my life better because it was the first time I ever had to let go and move on from something significant in my life. How could that make your life better, you might be asking...but since then I've really needed to use that skill and let go from the bad events and move on, grow older, and live life like "baconbits" would...on to the better events.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:17 AM
Dog Lover :)

My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
SillyBrightPuppy is as Frosty as a Snowman
It made me a better at typing (now I can type without having to look at the keyboard )

Other than that, it gave me great memories (:. I miss it still very much...

Old 01-28-2011, 10:34 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I understood the concept of earning and spending credits. Not one time when I was broke . I also learned how to type faster and dictionary dance. Although, my spelling did get a bit worse outside of VMK. Lastly, the memories and knowledge about Disney will last forever.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:40 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
your reasons are similar to mine. LOL so many things are different in my life now cuz of it

1. yes, improved typing
2. made some really good friends that i have kept to this day
3. was first introduced to the concept of mmorpgs
4. became a better social person via the web and i learned how to type more like a "person" and less like a robot
5. GREAT memories, some better than real life o_O

etc, etc.

overall, it made me happy? LOL

Old 06-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Blah!!!

My Mood: Amused
GrimXRZ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMK basicly taught me how easy friends can be made and be always remembered.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
VMK taught me a lot of things, even for just two and a half years of playing, it was worth it. I'll try not to get to personal with this. I started playing a month after the beta testing ended, I'm a huge Disney fanatic and frequently played video games. When I searching around the Walt Disney sites looking for any new things in the parks, I stumbled upon either the link or an advertisement to it. This game was also what gave me the name "miketic" in the first place. At first, VMK taught me a new perspective of the Magic Kingdom. Then later on, the fact that I had to save and earn credits to get stuff. Along with earning the credits was coordination and anticipation while playing Fireworks or Pirates game. It also taught me the abbreviations of texting and also to type faster. I also learned more Disney facts through their quest and also through their In-Park Quests. I learned a lot from this game, but the one thing I learned the hardest was to accept it's gone and keep moving forward.

Last edited by Jezzi; 06-11-2011 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: Personal Information
Old 07-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Registered+

My Mood: Mischievous
Aislynne is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is so funny, I never really thought of it much, but yes my experience is pretty similar...(minus my small bout in addiction..yes addiction to vmk..lol?)

1. Improved typing...scary how fast I became after only a few weeks playing!
2. Perspective...Reflecting on my actual life with friends in the virtual world...I would often have several different perspectives to look at a problem, and my friends would help me find solutions.
3. Cute or Boot...haha that game taught me that people really do value looks and physical beauty...and just reflecting on that...It's easy to see the benefits of appearances...but especially to realize that appearances are most definitely! not the most important thing...and the girl with the green skin and goofy hat and 0 rare pins is actually quite a nice girl if you talk to her before you boot her from the room. haha
4. Basic Trading and Market Value Skills. haha, I am sure no explanation is needed.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:19 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aislynne View Post
3. Cute or Boot...haha that game taught me that people really do value looks and physical beauty...and just reflecting on that...It's easy to see the benefits of appearances...but especially to realize that appearances are most definitely! not the most important thing...and the girl with the green skin and goofy hat and 0 rare pins is actually quite a nice girl if you talk to her before you boot her from the room. haha
Hahaha, I hadn't even thought about Cute or Boot! Good times, good times.....