Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Vmk 2?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 1

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
Vmk 2?

- rvc - said: You can be sure to see another Disney OLW park. Can this be true?
Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
When did he say this? I guess maybe. Hopefully Virtual WDW MGM Animal kingdom or hopefully EPCOT
900th post
Old 04-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Good Morning VMKF Crew!

My Mood: VMK
MasterMario is spinning in a Cursed Storm
We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Pete<3

Goofyono is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i wouldnt bet on it
Old 04-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 

Born In Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMario View Post
We'll just have to wait and see.
Time will tell,
And I'll be waiting too.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

hopefully this will be true.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:04 PM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
What is OLW???
Old 04-12-2008, 10:06 PM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I guess they could do it..
They have a game developed, players willing to pay for play.. they have everything..
Old 04-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Heinous Hare
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 15

Evil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expired
I was sworn to secrecy about this, so I'm happy to tell you about it:

The new VMK being developed will be a 3-D world of the actual Di$ney parks called VMK-VR. They are currently creating digital models of Di$neyland, starting with it since it's the smallest park and easiest to digitize. They are using a system like what Access used to create digital models of golf courses for Links golf, where they go through an area with a camcorder, then feed the video through a program that creates the models. They have been doing that while the park is closed, so as to not get guests in the park in the videos.

Once the digital model of the park is set up, you will be able to create a character that can travel through the park much like the toons in Toontown Online. They can enter buildings, and interact with attractions, go on rides, and even buy items from kiosts which are then shipped to you. You will be able to do just about everything except eat a churro.

When the bugs have been worked out, things get interesting. They are working on TelePresence Avatars (TPA), which are little robot guys about 3 feet tall, that have a video camera & microphone so you can see and hear what they is around them, and a screen and speaker so people at the park can interact with them. They are made to look sort of like the little alien critters from Toy Story. Users will be able to rent a TPA to tour the actual park and interact with the actual guests at the park. The TPAs are limited to travelling along hidden tracks, so they don't get in trouble, or run into real guests.

Di$ney sees the TPAs as being a huge source of potential revenue, by allowing people who can not travel to the park to have some of the park experience. One big market will be grandparents, who may not be physically able to join their family on a trip to the park. By using the TPA, they can join their family wh has taken a trip, and do stuff like taking their grandkids to buy gifts and stuff, or joining the kids on rides. Nothing like actually seeing and hearing the kiddies as they ride down splash mountain. Yes, the TPAs are waterproof.

Later, they will digitize all of the Di$ney parks, allowing people to tour parks that they may not have ever considered going to, like EuroDi$ney and the Hong Kong park. Of course, once you've been through the park by TP, you may decide to really go there.

Further down the road will be the creation of fantasy parks that do not exist in real life. DisneyLand will be created from the original plans, so you can visit it on it's opening day in 1955 just the way it was then, and even meet a digital creation of Walt. Another will be Di$neyWorld 2050, created based on long term plans for changes to that park. Di$neyEarth 3000 will be a pure fantasy concept of the park a thousand years in the future. Di$neyAtlantis is their park on the bottom of the ocean. There will even be Di$neyMoon and Di$neyMars.

It all starts with the next generation of VMK-VR, which is in early alpha development. They hope to go into beta in late 2008, or early 2009. Now, would you really rather see them waste time keeping the old VMK going when they could be helping get VMK-VR going?

-ekb-

grrr, stupid -rcv- sez I can't come back until I say this:

I made this up. Everything I said is made up. Every single thing I say is made up.

Okay, -rcv-, is that enough to make you happy?

Last edited by Evil Kid Bugs; 04-13-2008 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: stupid -rcv- made me do it
Old 04-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

OLW is Online World

EKB,
You promise this is true?
Old 04-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
OMG VMK-VR??? what does VR mean???
Old 04-12-2008, 10:16 PM
.:Remember:.
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
cookiefairy is as Frosty as a Snowman
Wow. That seems really really cool.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
WOW Ekb Idk what to say to that are you being serious or is this just a big joke?
Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

Thats what I'm wondering.. Is this true?
Old 04-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Stop joking EKB.. LOL.
- acefredfred