Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old The Heart

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Blast the radio loud, now
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

<3PrettyInPink<3 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The Heart

Chapter 1

As soon as I saw Dani's eyes show through her red oak door, I smiled. It wasn't every occasion that we were able to go on a train ride down to the city. It was fantastic, and excellent. All expenses paid by the adults.

"Hey Maury." Dani responded, closing the door and showing herself in a lime green parka jacket for the cold. Dani always wore the wild clothes because she wanted a wild personality. One of the main reasons she was my best friend.

I smirked and curtisied. "At your service, Sis." Pausing and walking ahead of her as she jumped down the steps to head toward the train station. "I can't wait for this trip, Dan. I mean, it'll be the best thing ever."

We called each other sis ever since Dani's younger sister died due to birth complications. We were in kindergarten, and I knew Dani was depressed to that subject. She always wanted a sibling, while I had 5, so I promised her to be her substitute sister. And that we'd act just like sisters who were best friends do. We'd argue, we'd play, we'd laugh, we'd cry. Just like normal sisters.. Except subsitutes.

"Yeah.." She seemed deep into thought as she had her chin perched in her hand. I could see my own breath as I took deep solumn gasps from the run to my house to hers. And I could see hers. "Yup. Let's go. Figured it out. First we go visit your granma and then we'll get up and go around the city. Easier that way."

We both walked together, rubbing our mittens that my mom had bought us for our birthday party that we planned on the same day. The mittens matched except for the colors.

Finally, arriving at the cold train-station a bit later then we expected, we boarded the last train to the city and decided to hum to the theme song to, "The Jeffersons." Our favorite TV show, that we hadn't watched since a week ago, due to homework.

"When we get to your granma's house, I wanna watch the J's." Dani said, and smiled up at me.

Of course I grinned. "Me too." We didn't have much to say.

Dani gave an inside grin then faced the window. "I.. I feel like I can hear a heart in my sleep.."

"Dani.. Maybe you're hearing your own heart, for all you know."

Dani frowned. She looked like she would cry. "No. It sounded like a small heart. A small little heart. Like.. Like Hudson's heart.. Y'know.. When she was gonna be born and my momma told us that she feels an extra heart laying down next to her. In her sleep.. I feel the same thing.. Y'think Hudson is with us?"

I didn't want to dissappoint Dani by telling her that her theory was a lost cause. Instead, I sighed. "I dunno, Dani. Its a maybe. Now lets think about this-"

Dani cut me off. "Its like she's been there all along. Since kindergarten. And now look at me? I'm 12, and I still have dreams about Hudson'm little sis'."

I shook my head. "Dani, don't believe in those ghost stories that your dad tells you. There's no way that Hudson is alive."

"I know she is." Dani said. "I know she is."

Chapter 2

We arrived in a large city after an hour of traveling on the train, and boy was it beautiful. I mean, not even my momma's roasted sirloine steak could beat the look of the city. There was shining everywhere from buildings to an old man's forehead. And I even smelled hot dogs. Delicious.. Mixed with a bit of some pepper on top, but Dani wouldn't let me stop walking. She just kept walking ahead to my gramma's apartment. I told her she wasn't going anywhere, but Dani protested and continued walking ahead.

"Dani. C'mon. Just eat the hotdog." I whined, turning to face the stand we had just passed.

Dani frowned. "Stop it, Maury. You know I wanna get to your gramma's apartment, 'cause she'll be the only'll to believe me."

I frowned as well. "That's 'cause your story smells like bologna. No one is gonna believe that you could see-"

At that moment, Dani pulled me into a building and stormed right up the stairs to a small door. How did Dani know where my own gramma lived? We weren't real sisters..

Dani opened the door as I smelled the chick-peas, vegetable rice and delicious roasted in garlic chicken. Gramma's cooking. And it was making my mouth water.

Gramma adjusted her glasses from the couch. She was a fragile looking woman with a big bite, who could talk your head off if she wanted to. So, I sat down right at the table once she got up so she wouldn't be able to talk to me to death while I was wishing for her chicken. "Aww, Deary, me sweet, pies of maker."

Dani hugged her and smiled. "Grams.. Can we eat? We've been starvin'."

Gramma nodded and placed 2 bowls, 2 spoons and 2 forks on the table. "I'll cut it up for you." She began to cut the chicken and place it on our plates delicately.

My eyes widened as I saw there were sweet potatoes, and I needed no help. I just helped myself to it. "Grams.. We've ben traveling so lng.." I wasn't able to complete my sentences correctly since I was too busy eating her food.

"Eat properly, Maurice. See how Dani is doing it?" Gramma poured some ancient soda from the fridge and plopped it on the table.

Dani sipped the soda politely and began to eat her food slowly. "Eating slowly is good for the heart." She replied.

There she goes with that heart thing again.. WOn't she ever just be quiet. I thought silently and ate my food slower. I wasn't jealous that Grams was giving Dani all the attention and she wasn't even a relative of us. I was just dissapointed that Dani's own father and mother were telling her folklores just so she could be happy. WHat kind of sick joke is that?

"I am.. I am.." I replied, crossed my legs and continued eating. "Dani said she knows her sisters ghost."

Grams smiled and became brillantly glowly. "Is taht true, Dani? Did you see Hudson's spirit?"

Dani's mouth was full of peas. "Not only that." She had to swallow. "Not only that, but my momma has been sayin' she saws Hudson's spirit her room. Just standing there. Then, when my momma would hug her, she would dissappear."

Gram's smile dissappeared as she walked into the back room and left.

"Whoah." I replied to Dani. "You make a lunch-time interesting." I continued eating.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

It took me a while to get the storyline, and it pretty much isnt' the greatest work I've ever done, but its a good effort.. Though..
Please post your comments..

Last edited by <3PrettyInPink<3; 09-23-2006 at 11:19 AM..
Old 09-23-2006, 02:46 AM
VMK Name: DaiEternity

TheSmoothieMan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow this is really good so far. I would love to read more. You have a great gift at writing. WRITE ON! xD
Old 09-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Blast the radio loud, now
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

<3PrettyInPink<3 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oh, thanks!
I just wanted to write so, I used a bit of a movie tidea to come up with this story, but thanks for the compliment