Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Star Tours Now Arriving Daily

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:22 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Star Tours Now Arriving Daily

So who has been on the new Star Tours?!

In case you didn't know how it works:

You start off with a possiblity of 2 different ride openings, 3 places you travel to in the middle, 3 different transmission holograms, and 3 ending places.

But before I give anything else away, do you want me to tell you all the possibilities?

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 08-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I haven't been on it yet. It sounds awesome, though.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:57 PM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: SaveVMK
DocCalvin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Now that sounds good! Er - is there any access to the original now?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:30 AM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
I actually just got back from WDW a few hours ago. I went on the new Star Tours twice. The first time, I had to get a FastPass because the line was at least 40-50 minutes. (Mind you, this is in the off-season). The second time I went on, it was only about 20. I really liked it a lot better than how it was last year. It was great how it was different every time so you never really knew what to expect.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:10 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCalvin View Post
Now that sounds good! Er - is there any access to the original now?
Just curious, but what exactly did you mean by access to the original? If you mean can you watch it still somewhere: Yes. If you meant ride it in the park still: At DLR and DHS you cannot. I can't recall if you can still at DLRP or others however.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
We did this in August. I've never seen Star Wars and my family don't really "get" the hype for it. I think it's a bit odd how there was so much publicity and advertising for the renovation and it turns out that there's not been a huge change (all that's different is the video)..

There was something else that's been renovated quite recently (it's slipped my mind at present), but I remember just wondering why a big deal wasn't really made of it. I suppose Disney have to play to the fanbases and people do tend to like a bit of Star Wars. Even the new line for Winnie The Pooh - it's a fantastic entrance but nobody really knows about it.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:57 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
We did this in August. I've never seen Star Wars and my family don't really "get" the hype for it. I think it's a bit odd how there was so much publicity and advertising for the renovation and it turns out that there's not been a huge change (all that's different is the video)..

There was something else that's been renovated quite recently (it's slipped my mind at present), but I remember just wondering why a big deal wasn't really made of it. I suppose Disney have to play to the fanbases and people do tend to like a bit of Star Wars. Even the new line for Winnie The Pooh - it's a fantastic entrance but nobody really knows about it.
Something else that's been renovated? The Tiki Room would count then. It has reverted to its original form now.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 

VIP
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
Something else that's been renovated? The Tiki Room would count then. It has reverted to its original form now.

-Stitchco
Yes, thank you! It's almost as if you read my mind last August.. haha. Yeah, The Tiki Room was restored and it's beyond me why they hardly made a big deal over it. There's thousands of die-hard Disney fanatics who would be happy to hear the news and I think they missed a trick with it. That said, we did prefer the "Under New Management" version..
Old 12-10-2011, 10:49 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Yes, thank you! It's almost as if you read my mind last August.. haha. Yeah, The Tiki Room was restored and it's beyond me why they hardly made a big deal over it. There's thousands of die-hard Disney fanatics who would be happy to hear the news and I think they missed a trick with it. That said, we did prefer the "Under New Management" version..
<.< I prefer the Tiki Room with Stitch in it <.<

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 01-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:

Star Wars fans are very...intense. I can't believe how much Star Wars merchandise I see people buy. I understand the hype, but I don't understand why the refurb took so long. Before they shut down Star Tours, they used Body Wars in EPCOT to begin developing the Star Tours changes. If all they really did was change the vido, I don't understand why it took so long (especially when they started the change before they shut down Star Tours).

As for the Enchanted Tiki Room, most guests do not realize that it is even there. It is in a very odd location and it is normally overshadowed by flying carpets, the Jungle Cruise, and Pirates of the Carribean. Whenever I actually see the show, the building is normally quite empty.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase

VIP
Oh indeed. We've been to the Star Wars Weekends in May before and it's just heaving with fans! How strange that the refurb took so long if it was being developed in Body Wars first though...

The Tiki Room is usually quite empty for us too and I do suppose the Flying Carpets are taking up everyone's attention.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Yea, there's about 54 different variations of the ride, it's really cool. Also due to the fact that there's that many different ways that the ride can go, they have reprogram the system to go through all of them.

Also, what I think is the reason many people don't go on the Tiki Tiki Room is that many tourist that visit, especially with today's generation is looking for the thrill rides. Yes, there will be the disney fanatics, like me, who would go watch the show but if you look around Adventureland, there has to be that one attraction to accommodate the really young kids and older adults who would rather watch a show.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:55 AM
im bored woo
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: LOL
LightningBrutus is floating through Inner Space
I remember when I went to disneyworld I couldn't find the tiki room
Old 01-09-2012, 05:36 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
First off believe it or not the Tiki Room was never meant to be a part of this Magic Kingdom. I could go into the full blown thing of how Magic Kingdom and EPCOT were suppose to be but then I'd have to make a new thread about it, so maybe if some people (2-4) PM me asking me to do so I might . Believe it or not, since the Tiki Room reopened as its original form, it has been getting mostly packed shows. Even during the off season days it strangely has been, which I find quite odd.

Also thought you all might like to know that originally they had also planned for Star Tour travelers to also travel to Bespin. Maybe they never could think up a way for it to work or maybe we might be going to more places in the future .

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 01-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I've been on it about five times now, each time has been a little different. I think it is so much better than the original