Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (October 6-12)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (October 6-12)

This Week in VMK!
October 6-12

Welcome to the fourth installment of our new feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

Missed an installment? Check out the "This Week in VMK" Archives.

2005:

October 6:

Newsletter
  • VMK Tips are shared by some staff members.
  • In Event News, a special VMK Event is announced. Players are told that staff has been building haunted mazes for them to enjoy!
  • Best Rooms of the week belong to CursedPirate and CL_Becky

October 7:

Released

The The Haunted Mansion Grave Digger Pin is released as the first pin in the Haunted Mansion Pin Set. It is sold in the Emporium for 500 credits.

October 8-9:

Special Event: VMK Haunted Maze Event

This haunted event was introduced in the Newsletter 6 October 2005. An easy maze, a medium maze, and a difficult maze were available for players to attempt, and players who successfully completed the maze would receive a prize. Easy maze winners were awarded 100 credits, medium maze winners got the The Haunted Mansion Master Gracey Pin, and the difficult maze prize was the Candy Cauldron. However, the event was plagued by server problems, resulting in queues of half an hour or more to get into the mazes, and some players were not able to enter the mazes at all or were bumped offline in the middle of them.

Released (Event Prizes)

Haunted Mansion Master Gracey Pin and the Candy Cauldron are released as prizes for the VMK Haunted Maze Event.

October 10:

Released

The Deep Sea Diver Helmet is released. It is sold in the Inner-Space Shop for 2000 credits.

Retired

The Haunted Mansion Grave Digger Pin , Haunted Mansion Master Gracey Pin and the Candy Cauldron are no longer available to players.

October 12:

New Tomorrowland Arcade Game!

The Blast in Space game is officially cleared for lift off! Players can win the pieces to the original Mission Space Suit Costume.

Re-released (as Blast in Space Prizes)

The Mission Space Helmet, Mission Space Vest, Mission Space Pants, and Misson Space Shoes are re-released as prizes for the Tomorrowland Arcade Game, Blast in Space.

2006:

October 6:

Quest: The Nightmare Before Christmas Quest

Click the image to view the full version

Launch of The Nightmare Before Christmas Quest. Players who complete the quest win the Halloween Quest Pin.

Released:

The Halloween Bat Pin is released as the second pin in the Halloween pin set. It is sold in the Emporium for 500 credits.
The Halloween Quest Pin is released as the prize for The Nightmare Before Christmas Quest.

Retired
Click the image to view the full version

The Tron Room Quest and its prize, the Tron Guest Room, are retired.

October 8

In-Game Quest
Win some credits, a Halloween Bat Bag, and a Nightmare Before Christmas pin by completing the Sneaky Spooks & Silly Lily quest held today.

October 9:

In-Park Quest: Halloween Quest (Disneyland Exclusive)

Players who visit Disneyland can play the Halloween Quest to earn themselves a Mickey Pumpkin.

Released

The Witch Hat is released. Players can purchase it in the Emporium for 1000 credits.
Push's Trivia Pin makes it's debut. It is awarded to randomly selected players who had answered Push's Trivia question correctly. Winners are announced in the Newsletter.
The Gold Star Reward Pin is revealed. It is awarded to VMK players who have gone above and beyond helping VMK staff.
The Mickey Pumpkin is released as a In-Park Halloween Quest prize at Disneyland.

Re-released

Native American Costume

Native American Headdress, Native American Vest, Native American Boots

Blue Princess Costume

Princess Bodice Blue, Princess Hooped Skirt Blue, Princess Slippers Blue

Newsletter
  • Yavn talks about how players can get cool VMK stuff through Disney Movie Rewards, explains the new Pirate Keys, announces the Disneyland Halloween Quest, and shares the Halloween Costume Release Schedule.
  • Tips fit for a pirate
  • Push sees who knows their Sleepy Hollow lore.
  • Top Players: ChromePirate, AlphaGoldFrog, Disneyfanlv, Jurzira, and Mr.Joseph

October 12

In-Game Quest
Win a Halloween Bat Bag and some spending credits by completing Fin's Quivering Quest Madness!

2007:

October 6:

In-Game Quest
Win a Halloween Bat Bag and Turn Into Bat Magic Single Use by completing the Happly Halloween from Lily quest!

October 7:

Re-released

The Mad Tea Party Pin is re-released as a Sword in the Stone prize.

Retired

The Matterhorn Pin is retired as a Sword in the Stone prize.

October 8:

Re-released

The Mickey Ear Pumpkin is re-released.

Retired

The Halloween Seance Circle Cards Pin is retired.

Newsletter
October 9:

The Coffee Table Crate Color Orange is released as a prize from the Haunted Mansion Ghost Chasers Game

October 12

Released

The Halloween Seance Circle Trumpet Pin is released as the second pin in the Halloween Seance Circle pin set. It is sold in the Emporium for 500 credits.
The Halloween Candy Corn Chair is released. It is sold in the Emporium for 1000 credits.

Re-released

Halloween Pumpkin Bag

Cowboy Hat, Cowboy Shirt Red, Cowboy Shirt with Vest Red, Cowboy Pants,

Native American Headdress, Native American Vest, Native American Boots

Retired

Typhoon Lagoon Surf Shirt, Typhoon Lagoon Shorts, Blizzard Beach Surf Shirt, Blizzard Beach Shorts, Baseball Cap Reversed

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 10-06-2008 at 09:12 PM..
Old 10-06-2008, 09:48 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
2005- I remember that. I was new so I didn't really buy anything because a) I was poor and b) I didn't understand what was going on in vmk.
2006- Still didn't play then.
2007- I can't believe that was only a year ago. I bought a lot of Halloween furniture and clothing. Great memories from Halloween '07!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
2005 - Didn't play
2006 - That was like.. a little bit after I joined.
2007 - Awesome.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 AM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
aawww lots of memories!!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
*sigh* those were the good ol' days
Old 10-09-2008, 02:21 AM
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
My Mood: VMK
LuckyJazz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ah, good times, good times
Old 10-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I HATE HOW THERE'S NOTHING AFTER 2007 *sniff*

Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
I remember it all except for 05 cause I joined October 30th
Old 10-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Retired
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Disney
StitchRokcs is as Frosty as a Snowman
AHHHH I miss VMK halloweens
Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
B u m p
Old 10-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Good times...
I love the Halloween Items on VMK! (And everything else of course!)
Halloween was such a magical time of year in VMK!
Old 10-11-2009, 03:23 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Gloomy
IndaB is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I always loved VMK during Halloween!! they always had the coolest costumes!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P !

Old 10-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P !