Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old A Plan, that may work.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Is working on his VW
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park
Mickeypaws is as Frosty as a Snowman
Post A Plan, that may work.

Okay, I have not been really active around here lately, other than a couple of post, but here it goes.

.: Speculation :.
Disney is a corporation. We all know that. We know that they try to do whats best for there company, and what is best for there consumers. Mainly, VMK's money was coming from the parks themselfs. I know the parks make more money a year than the average american probably makes in about ten years, but maybe they thought that if the park was fueling the cash, for some game that didn't even bring in MUCH revenue from it self. It had to have people buying the Hats, and Pictures, and getting the Movie Rewards, to gain a bit. Now in a companys point of view, this game is sapping a small bit of money from them. They want more money to make some ' Stitch's Family celebration ' or something that probably won't be there in five to ten years. This is when DISNEY pulled the plug. Don't believe the rumors about Sulake telling Disney to pay, or that Disney is searching for a partner that believes in free to play games. If that was so, Disney would have most likely found a company, because I know of many that would love to have more people visiting there site. And also Sulake was as suprised as we were. Not there fault. .: End of Speculation :.

Plan -

I believe that if we work as a community, ( ex., all VMK fansites work together, ) we can overcome this. I believe we send Disney our list of Demands, also, how they could gain money from VMK, such as reopening VMK central, selling item cards at Local stores, and such. We want Disney to gain in this too, because if we just tell Disney " if you dun give uz our VmK we will hurt u, and also we want free admition 2 ur parks, k? " we will be thrown aside, and Disney wont listen to future plans and such.

Any one who can help, ex., maybe one of your parents is on a talk show. Then ask them if they can set aside maybe 5 minutes of there show to talk about VMK. We want Disney to feel like they made a big mistake here. Email anyone Famous who people watch or listen to daily, like a Radio talk show host, Opera, Ellen DeGeneres, people like that. We need to get us out there, we need to fight. Most of the VMK'ers are just now residing in the Off Topic, because that is the main use for these forums. We want to get VMK back right? Then we shall. If Disney doesn't give us it back with our demands by May 21st 2009, this is what we should do. We must all participate in this, because we can not only try, we can achieve.

Last edited by Jezzi; 05-11-2009 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: minor adjustment
Old 05-11-2009, 10:05 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
wasn't this already done like 800 million times and it never worked?
rofl

Old 05-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Shake your I funny!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Winner Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park
My Mood: Neotenous
Deeda is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oooh. It's diabolical. It's well-thought out. It's...probably not going to work. But I think that it's worth a shot. I come from a family where beating the odds is not uncommon. I know firsthand that there's no such thing as impossible. I think it's worth a try.
Good luck! You have 100% of my support!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Is working on his VW
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park
By the way, the rest of the plan is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeda View Post
Oooh. It's diabolical. It's well-thought out. It's...probably not going to work. But I think that it's worth a shot. I come from a family where beating the odds is not uncommon. I know firsthand that there's no such thing as impossible. I think it's worth a try.
Good luck! You have 100% of my support!
The thing is, I have nothing else to do this summer, so why not try?

Last edited by Jezzi; 05-11-2009 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: merged posts
Old 05-11-2009, 10:14 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
LOL i wish my mom was a talk show host.
then she'd bash disney on national tele
rofl

Old 05-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Is working on his VW
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
LOL i wish my mom was a talk show host.
then she'd bash disney on national tele
rofl

I'd love for anyone to bash Disney on the Television.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Black and Yellow!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Dreamy
AllAboutStitch is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't know, it seems like every other plan someone has thought up and no one ever goes through with it.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Is working on his VW
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park
Well, I am.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:16 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutStitch View Post
I don't know, it seems like every other plan someone has thought up and no one ever goes through with it.
I agree, but it is a well thought out plan.
I just don't believe that bashing Disney and demanding things is the way to get what you want. We all tried, and Disney continued to reject our requests.

Sulake was their partner, and partly quit on them. Without that company, Disney couldn't fully support the game on their own.

I bet the Disney workers are much too annoyed with the hate-letters and continuous phone calls.

If you believe in this plan, go for it! Walt Disney launched his dreams by believing.

~Minnie
Old 05-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
You have my support, I'm going around the nation...okay maybe not, but I'm going to various places over the summer and oh lookie here, I'm going to DLR really soon, so I can start the interviewing people or something. I can write to my local newspaper...tee-hee
Old 05-12-2009, 01:16 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMForever View Post
I agree, but it is a well thought out plan.
I just don't believe that bashing Disney and demanding things is the way to get what you want. We all tried, and Disney continued to reject our requests.

~Minnie

I agree here. Demanding things is not the way to go in my opinion. That will just make them reach for the automated response button.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Design an Outfit Participation's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
TiggerDude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My 2 ideas :
  1. Get Ellen DeGeneres
  2. Show them ***** and tell them he spent thousands
Old 05-12-2009, 03:01 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
A good idea, but not too realistic. There's at least one VMK fansite I know where, believe it or not, the majority of the userbase is adamantly AGAINST VMK re-opening. I don't know why.

I wish you luck in forming whatever alliances you can, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerDude View Post
Show them ***** and tell them he spent thousands
Lying never helps.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.

Last edited by Jezzi; 05-12-2009 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: cursing
Old 05-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMForever View Post

1.Sulake was their partner, and partly quit on them. Without that company, Disney couldn't fully support the game on their own.

2.I bet the Disney workers are much too annoyed with the hate-letters and continuous phone calls.
~Minnie
Point 1 - Wrong I think you have it a tad backwards, more like Disney quit on Sulake just like they did on the rest of the VMK community.
(Does anyone really believe that if Disney wants something they could not make it happen? - Anyone remember an astounding amount of $ paid for club penguin?)

Point 2 - One can only hope.
The important thing is to continue to let those in know that interest in VMK still exists. (No matter how it filters though to them).
Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

VIP
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
I think it's a retty good plan. It might work, it might not, depending on how many people participate. I think that telling Disney that they can benefit is definitely going to help a lot more than saying "i mis vmk bring it back plz or i never by dizney stuffz agan" If anything is going to work, this might be it. I would also do the same with Sulake, telling them they can benefit, since we really don't know the circumstances of the closing (Sulake left Disney, Disney left Sulake, or one of a million other things)