Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Person sues disney!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:54 PM
I know u r reading this

LRGoalie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
And even if he does win ( which i don't think he will ) 2 million for Disney is like $100 for an average man.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShadow View Post
Ya know, I've been reading some of these posts, and I'm very dissapointed.

Dang, most of you posters are siding with Disney simply because Disney is Disney. But Disney can be wrong, like every other company, person, and thing!

You gotta remember:
Behind the castle, behind the magic, behind the fairy dust, behind the princesses, are - guess what? - men and women in bussiness suits contemplating on what next to manipulate children with, while their watchdog lawyers bite away any person who tries to argue.
I agree. If they man was reading this forum, he would be disgusted. It is possible to find something like that. Ok.. Disney has more things to back up their argument, but the man has good arguing skills. Why the heck are people calling him an idiot? Are you jealous? He has as much luck as anyone to find out that it might be a genuine drawing. Yeah.. people will skip over this post, have to stay with the crowd don't we VMKf? I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyskye View Post
Too bad... most people arent going to believe some guy that buys a picture of Mickey and then keeps persisting that it is worth millions. I am one of them. Personally, I would do the same thing. Besides, why would he sue Disney? Because they don't believe him? (Even though the article says nothing about a lawsuit)
Too bad? Eh.. since when was this board only allowed to have one side of the argument. We're here for discussion, not to be said "too bad" at. Read my writing above. ^

I am looking forward to seeing the end of this.. but I doubt the thread owner will not even read this post. Skim over the people who think different?

Last edited by TopazR; 03-21-2007 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: thread cleanup
Old 03-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Spooky Shadow

iShadow is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
I agree. If they man was reading this forum, he would be disgusted. It is possible to find something like that. Ok.. Disney has more things to back up their argument, but the man has good arguing skills. Why the heck are people calling him an idiot? Are you jealous? He has as much luck as anyone to find out that it might be a genuine drawing. Yeah.. people will skip over this post, have to stay with the crowd don't we VMKf? I don't.
Exactly. I'm simply appalled at the alarming rate of people siding with others because of biast statements and myths (such as Walt Disney, both the man and company, being always right) and not because of facts, strong theories, ect.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Addicted to toast
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Happy Holidays'09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Mega Donation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Teyla is floating through Inner Space
This man is not an idiot, and I think some of you need to re-read this article.
  1. I do not see anywhere int his article about him suing Disney
  2. He has very good arguments (as does Disney). I respect people who can make good arguments. I think it is unwise to pass off this guy as an idiot
  3. I don't really see this as an attempt to make a whole lot of money.

Let me ask you something, if this guy was going against some no-name company, would you still call him an idiot? Would you still side with the company? Well, sure, some factors would be different. But the principle of the matter is the same. I'm willing to bet at least half of you would think twice before calling this guy an idiot.

There are several factors that I think people are overlooking and passing off as this guy's "idiocy". I think the fact that the thing has been dated correctly, and the fact that it's not just your average doodle is a huge factor. Whoever did draw this obviously was not going to just sit there and doodle, the person put money into the drawing (whoever the artist is).

Am I saying that by not knowing who the artist is that I side with Disney? No. I'm just saying that I don't know who it is, but I think that it's quite possible that it could have come from Walt.

As for the location of where the drawing was found. There are many ways that it could have ended up there.

I think that this person's dedication to this drawing shows that it's more then a simple attempt to make money. There are probably easier and faster ways to do so.

I would like someone to tell me where exactly in this article that it says that he's suing Disney.

This thread in a way has saddened me. So many people have just said "this guy is an idiot. Disney wins" without any real argument. It almost seems like you're saying "Disney wins because it's Disney". It's like the guy doesn't even have a chance.

Also, what happened to the benefit of the doubt?

-Toashtee
<Jezibabe> she is playing mansion
<Jezibabe> like a thing possessed, which is rather appropriate at this time of year

Last edited by TopazR; 03-21-2007 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: thread cleanup
Old 03-21-2007, 09:10 AM

jdrocks ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Why don't they check the finger prints on it? (Okay that was stupid.) The telephone thing is creepy I mean are they trying to say Walt Disney invented the modern day telephone? I think he probably either
1.Bought some old fancy paper and copied it off the internet (or drew it)
2.Paid someone to get old fancy paper and draw it.
3.Maybe it is Walt's original masterpiece..
That...would be so...creepy. @_@ *starts to play the haunted mansion theme song*
Old 03-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Hall of Fame

JeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Have any of you decided to read the OTHER articles on this:

"He got it for peanuts, considering. But there's more.

Now Stein is taking Disney to court.

"I'm suing them for $50-million, the copyright on Mickey Mouse, and the right to tell the Walt Disney story," said Stein.

Stein believes somebody must have a copy of an old newsreel showing his drawing over the shoulder of a very young Walt Disney.

Perhaps his lawsuit will flush that film out, and prove he possesses one very valuable mouse.

Somehow I doubt that merely owning this drawing, even if it was the first depiction of Mickey Mouse ever, would mean owning the copyright. There are many, many ways a corporate lawyer can argue against this."

"Stein has now decided to take the Disney Corporation to court because since 1989 they have been refusing to look at the drawing he has and to tell him whether they think he has the original drawing of Mickey and if not why. Stein states that the Disney Corporation refusing to even look at the drawing which he says has handwriting on the back that he thinks are written by Disney himself.

Stein states, "I'm suing them for $50-million, the copyright on Mickey Mouse, and the right to tell the Walt Disney story.""

There are many stories on this. Whether he is right or wrong..I think he believes in his heart he is right..or at least convinced himself he is.

Here is the pic:
Old 03-21-2007, 09:47 AM
« How Unfortunate
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
CapnOlaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieV View Post
Have any of you decided to read the OTHER articles on this:

"He got it for peanuts, considering. But there's more.

Now Stein is taking Disney to court.

"I'm suing them for $50-million, the copyright on Mickey Mouse, and the right to tell the Walt Disney story," said Stein.

Stein believes somebody must have a copy of an old newsreel showing his drawing over the shoulder of a very young Walt Disney.

Perhaps his lawsuit will flush that film out, and prove he possesses one very valuable mouse.

Somehow I doubt that merely owning this drawing, even if it was the first depiction of Mickey Mouse ever, would mean owning the copyright. There are many, many ways a corporate lawyer can argue against this."

"Stein has now decided to take the Disney Corporation to court because since 1989 they have been refusing to look at the drawing he has and to tell him whether they think he has the original drawing of Mickey and if not why. Stein states that the Disney Corporation refusing to even look at the drawing which he says has handwriting on the back that he thinks are written by Disney himself.

Stein states, "I'm suing them for $50-million, the copyright on Mickey Mouse, and the right to tell the Walt Disney story.""

There are many stories on this. Whether he is right or wrong..I think he believes in his heart he is right..or at least convinced himself he is.

Here is the pic:
He may be taking them to court with a lawsuit or whatever, but I'm telling you there is absolutely no proof at all that he has an original drawing by Walt himself. 50-Million dollars, he better have the best doggone lawyer in town, or disney "will" end up winning this thing. An art made by Walt would be put into the finest gallery the world has to offer, This is gonna be a big fight, but Disney has more lawsuits against them then the movies they have made, I most assuredly believe Disney is gonna have victory over Stein.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered+

Extreme_Sabu is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Amazing, and DUMB
Old 03-21-2007, 11:55 AM
« How Unfortunate
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Sabu View Post
Amazing, and DUMB
True, There's no proof Walt drew it, but there's no proof he didn't. But Disney has been sued so many time's it's not funny, and always won. I think 50-Million dollars is a little too much to sue for.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:09 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieV View Post
Here is the pic:
That doesn't look much like the earliest drawings of Mickey I've seen:

This Stein fella's drawing seems like a much later version of Mickey Mouse.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Spooky Shadow

iShadow is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnOlaf View Post
True, There's no proof Walt drew it, but there's no proof he didn't. But Disney has been sued so many time's it's not funny, and always won. I think 50-Million dollars is a little too much to sue for.
Will you listen to yourself?
Actually read the articles first. You'll find he has many sorts of evidence to offer.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Find Me on IRC
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Penguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
The picture Jen posted looks completely different, more of a current version of the drawing. As Neoteny posted, it looks NOTHING like the old ones, they were more simple. I find this stupid, Disney is going to win.

~Elly
Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Registered+

snowgalsnow is spinning in a Cursed Storm
WEll, he is just trying to get money

YOU CAN DO IT DISNEY
Old 03-25-2007, 03:54 PM
« How Unfortunate
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShadow View Post
Will you listen to yourself?
Actually read the articles first. You'll find he has many sorts of evidence to offer.
I didn't say there wasn't any evidence, I'm merely saying that there is many things that could disprove this fact as there is to prove this fact. But this man is going to sue them for 50-million dollars, copyright of Mickey Mouse, and the right to show the video clip(whatever the video clip is). He might put the entire Disney Empire in jeopardy. You can disagree with me all you want but I believe that he is trying to pull a scam to make a few million dollars worth on a fake painting. You can disagree with me, but that is my belief, and I'm stitcking to it.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Find Me on IRC
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Penguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
From what I heard, I found no source of evidence. I think Disney knows better than some weirdo dude (I forget his name xD).

Besides, I bet this is almost over and the judge is just "Oh let it be over"

~Penguinz