Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Collector Items > Collector Items Archive

Collector Items Archive Collector Items Archive

Old How Long Till VMK Gives Us New Host Pins?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Secrets of the VMK member

ForeverWDW is spinning in a Cursed Storm
How Long Till VMK Gives Us New Host Pins?

I know we have all wondered in game about the Host pins. Some of us have even complained (myself included). It seems that the people in charge of making and distributing new Host pins to the hosts, have decided we dont want them anymore. We all know it is not the Hosts that are to blame. They cant like having to hear every single event "When are the new Host pins going to be out". If they had them you know they would be handing them out just to shut us up, at least for a little while .. hehe.

Now I can write in to contact us but we all know how easy it will be for them to delete ONE complaint about no host pins. But maybe if we all start complaing they will have a much more difficult time ingoring that fact that we want our Host Pins back. I will send in a polite request each day at dinner time and ask that they return our Host pins. I hope everyone can join me and make VMK realize that Yes we like the pins, Yes we want them back, and No we wont stop complaining till they listen.

It has been so long since we actually had a Host pin I cant remember what the last one we got was. If they dont want to give us Host pins maybe we can suggest a Meet/Greet/Photo time with Yavn twice a week in a host room. Couple days of that and we would be sure to get back regular Host prizes
Old 10-10-2007, 05:58 AM
Hero in a half-shell

cyre is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverWDW View Post
I know we have all wondered in game about the Host pins. Some of us have even complained (myself included). It seems that the people in charge of making and distributing new Host pins to the hosts, have decided we dont want them anymore. We all know it is not the Hosts that are to blame. They cant like having to hear every single event "When are the new Host pins going to be out". If they had them you know they would be handing them out just to shut us up, at least for a little while .. hehe.

Now I can write in to contact us but we all know how easy it will be for them to delete ONE complaint about no host pins. But maybe if we all start complaing they will have a much more difficult time ingoring that fact that we want our Host Pins back. I will send in a polite request each day at dinner time and ask that they return our Host pins. I hope everyone can join me and make VMK realize that Yes we like the pins, Yes we want them back, and No we wont stop complaining till they listen.

It has been so long since we actually had a Host pin I cant remember what the last one we got was. If they dont want to give us Host pins maybe we can suggest a Meet/Greet/Photo time with Yavn twice a week in a host room. Couple days of that and we would be sure to get back regular Host prizes
hehe very well said, forever I posted something similar at my "home" board. although i have yet to send something in myself
Old 10-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
I'm just wondering if there is even going to be a "Host" or fifth pin. Our first pin in the series for the month didn't come with a number on it like some others have (Retro, Everest, Nemo, etc.) and although we traditionally get our pins in thematic sets of five, is it possible that we'll only get four? There aren't five weekends in October, so unless they have some sort of unique system arranged to distribute it, maybe they've instead opted to shake things up a bit. Eh, probably not. I actually wouldn't be surprised if this pin is associated with the special end-of-the month event promised by Yavn in the recent newsletter. It's been a while, but isn't that how Madame Leota was originally released to the VMK public?

Frankly, I still think Host games are flawed when it comes to prize distribution, and worse than that, they're incredibly boring. Sure, we see some nice room designs (the 4th of July ride comes to mind) but there's very little challenge and absolutely no fun to speak of. I was hoping that when they put a stop to them a couple months ago they'd come up with a more creative and effective replacement, but instead they topped themselves on the Bore-o-Meter with things like staged photo-ops; only to eventually return to the exact set-up we had before. Talk about disappointing. The sight of people lining up and filtering through these mind-numbing teleporter rooms conjures up visions of cattle in a high density feed lot quietly marching towards slaughter. (Okay, that's a far-fetched analogy since, to my knowledge, nobody has yet to be killed by their Bat Bag, but I still can't help making the comparison.)

Of course, within the confines of the current system, more complicated games involving competition also involve slowing the line down to a barely noticeable crawl. Unfortunately, I also suspect the Hosts prefer sitting on the sidelines and acting as sheep herders instead of having to conversate and engage with the players, which understandably takes more patience, effort, and hospitality. In a perfect world, all three (technically four) Hosts would work the same shift running the same game in separate rooms that actually had some challenge and creativity mixed into it, so more players would have a chance to be involved. Perhaps then, guests would actually enjoy the process as opposed to viewing the participation in Host events as a mindless chore necessary to aquire exclusive items. Until then, I'd much rather see Host events go away and have the 5th pin and/or other virtual prizes be awarded through a quest.

Last edited by GraspingClaw; 10-10-2007 at 08:34 AM..
Old 10-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Do not get on regularly.

Qui-gon is as Frosty as a Snowman
I also thought we would have a HOST_ pin this month because we knew there was going to be a pin series. Now, a quest, maybe? But probably a special end-of-the month event like Claw said.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:23 PM
♥ He's totally awesome..♥

PancakesWithSyrup is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Im annoyed that we dont have any HOST_Pins as of now, but looking at last month, Im glad we got weekend pins back, and I really like the seance one! But Ill join you using Contact Us for it.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't know
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

jsmall is spinning in a Cursed Storm
First of all wasn't water park month the last time we had a host pin? Second I do to would like so challenge with the host events. As for the host pins it makes sense as you add it up with ask yavn getting less and less frequent, less new items coming out, no new host pins,and no quests at the parks. I know people said that they aren't going to close vmk, but it looks like they are slowly getting rid of vmk.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Alice In Wonderland Rocks

My Mood: Bored
strikemaster is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The reveloution iss coming! I might join ya!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:52 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

luckyone is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i think u ppl are going to gwt ban if u do that
Old 10-11-2007, 05:48 AM
Secrets of the VMK member

ForeverWDW is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyone View Post
i think u ppl are going to gwt ban if u do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverWDW
I will send in a polite request each day at dinner time and ask that they return our Host pins.
Asking politely and using manners goes a long way. Here's the thing, If we sit by and do nothing then we get nothing. If we ask and get told no then at least we know. But on the chance that this is something not everyone who works at VMK agrees with and we all speak up as a group then maybe we can get our host pins back.

I did just that, I asked politely, reminded them how much we like the pins, thanked them for the bat bags we are getting but reminded them the those of us that were here last year really dont need more of them. I thanked them and left my e-mail addy in case they wanted to reply.

I will continue sending in the same suggestion each day at dinner time. Why dinner time? Bc it is easy for us all to remember to take a moment before or after we eat to send a quick polite note to VMK requesting they return the pins. If we all send a message at around the same time I know they will have a difficult time ignoring the fact.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:46 AM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Asking politely and using manners goes a long way. Here's the thing, If we sit by and do nothing then we get nothing.
Change is not made by those that sit and do nothing. I think you're correct that this is the absolutely correct approach to do what you want.

Quote:
I did just that, I asked politely, reminded them how much we like the pins, thanked them for the bat bags we are getting but reminded them the those of us that were here last year really dont need more of them.
However... I completely disagree with your position.

I was here last year, and I definitely can use more bat bags. I can use more furniture of almost any sort, and I'm always happy when I can get more furniture.

What I don't need are more host pins of any sort. Yes, I understand how people like to collect and trade them. But there are only so many of these that I need for future trades and for my personal collection. Would you like a Jack's Compass pin? I still have a few dozen of these if memory serves.

I'm glad that they've been trying this experiment of getting rid of host pins, but really, I think it points out that host "games" and events are the real problem. There are plenty of alternatives to them to hand out pins, furniture, and any other trinkets they come up with - and I hope they switch to more of these.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Registered+

Khaki_footed is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I propose this question. Could the slowdown in new items and pins have more to do with the card game? They're obviously using a lot of time to work on it, which means more than just a couple people are working on it. Each time the all-be-it late newsletter comes out, there is a mention of getting back to working on the game. The new CL program they've been working on could pull them away from new game feature design as well. I wonder if after these things have been finished and opened to us, will we see a resurgence in new games features like pins and quests and all the things mentioned before. These are just my views, like them or hate them, I honestly think they really are affecting the game.