Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old The Pokemon Discussion Thread

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I can go back? cool. The only problem I had was beating Dusknoir anyway. I'll go stock up and take your advice with the oran berry.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Happy
Derejin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Okay, and you don't have to worry about beating him up again, either. :P
And bring lots of X-Eye seeds.
Oh, and be sure to bring lots of X-Eye seeds.
Stock up on X-Eye seeds, please!
Yar, they help alot.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
To my fellow VMKF member Derejin: If I got a Pikachu, Turtwig, Uxie and Mespirit as a 4-group, am I good for the next couple of dungeons(next two are water)
Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
I'm not Derejin but it sounds as if you'd be good with just the Pikachu and Turtwig.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 07-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
I Officially hate Cressilia.
Yeps. IT STINKS IN STUPID DARK CRATER!!!!
I was about to dang win Darkrai and company but nooo! Stupid Cresselia just had to FAINT!!!
EEK!!!
I'm so mad.
TIPS TIPS TIPS FOR ME!!!
HELP ME!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
shouldn't if a pokemon faints it would make it easier to catch? I me it wouldn't be movie yet it would be still alive? Call it cheating but it would work.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 

This is in like Mystery Dungeon... cha?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:15 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
To TheMagicWithin, yes, but be sure you have a large variety of elemental moves, so as to get lots of supereffective hits. Also, know your enemy, and know if they have a Dark/Ghost move, as if a strong foe with that move pops up, Uxie and Mesprit might be in trouble. You might also want to consider recruiting Dialga, as his Roar of Time can really help. Once he gets near maxed out IQ, he becomes an unstoppable tank, quite literally. He's my favorite PMD2 Pokemon now. :P

To Vienna, MOAR REVIVER SEEDS. Believe it or not, they work for CPU allies, which helps against the nastiness known as Darkrai&Co. Also, now you might want to seriously think about linking up moves and not using them until the darkrai battle circle, and, when you get there, focus on the foe which causes the most trouble for Cresselia. If you use electrical moves, take out the Rhyperior first, too.
What helps the most against Darkrai, in my opinion, are AoE(Area of Effect) attacks, just link those with a powerful move that hits closeby foes. That way you can weaken distant foes and take out those going in for the KO.

If you still need more reviver seeds, try going to the optional areas(unlocked by doing random missions from Wigglytuff's Guild), as they have treasure chests at the last floor, which may contain reviver seeds, as well as you might earn quite a bit of money, which you can use to buy even more reviver seeds. Just carry as many reviver seeds as you can, but remember not to forget bringing enough apples and heal seeds, too!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 

TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I might switch up the line-up before I go there. I just hatched Manaphy and had to get Blue Gummies....

And when you said AOE moves, you mean like Vacuum-Cut and Discharge right? YAY!! My Pikachu knows Discharge.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:23 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

Does anyone know what moves to link to have more damage?
Like my Mudkip Pal, knows the following:
Dig
Water Pulse
Hydro Pump
Water Gun

Torchic, Vienna:
Flamethrower
Fireblast
Slash
Quick Attack

And My mudkip has the IQ Skill Gap something, so I can attack through my partner! YAY
LOL
Well time to go back to treasure town...lol
Old 07-09-2008, 02:23 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Yes, I do mean Discharge. Vacuum-Cut is NOT powerful enough for serious usage after you reach level 10, methinks. I had a Pikachu who knew Discharge, too, and I linked it with Thunderbolt. He can easily clear a room(READ: MONSTER HOUSES)) with it. HOWEVER! The Rhyperior that comes with Darkrai has Lightningrod ability, so take him out; then Pikachu can, as I say, "throw down". Muahaha.
If you're still gonna keep Mesprit and Uxie, you might want to replace Uxie with Azelf, as, in my opinion, Uxie's higher defenses aren't as good as Azelf's offenses. Just my opinion, though.

To Vienna, I suggest linking Hydro Pump and Water Pulse, that way you deal loads of damage and confuse, too. For the Torchic, link Quick Attack and Flamethrower. Quick attack is EXTREMELY powerful, according to experience, which surprised me. Flamethrower can take out nearby threats, while Quick Attack finishes off those in two square range.
Also, you might want to feed Torchic more gummis, until he learns Concentrator, which lowers evasiveness, but increases accuracy, which helps alot with Flamethrower, as well as replace Slash with Smokescreen. I have been in nasty situations where Smokescreen saved me; it's absolutely awesome.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:25 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

Where do I find Azlef.. I have the guide and it says he is where Mespirit is..
Old 07-09-2008, 02:28 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
If I remember, Azelf is in the Crystal Lake(remember the desert level? the second part is crystal lake), I think it's named (in-game) "Crystal Crossing". I may be wrong about the name, but I'm positive that's where Azelf is.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:48 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

Its Crystal Crossing and thx for the tips Djar!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:51 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
You're very welcome! And, in case you're wondering, no, I do not have a guide. This is all from experience.
Also, if you have Explorers of Darkness version, it IS possible to get a Riolu, via Wondermail. If you want that wondermail code, just PM me asking for it.