Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old Tepcat who?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:14 AM
The Kitty Admin
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Participant's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Reading
Tepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundTepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundTepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundTepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Tepcat who?

I am the mod for the Stories, RPG, and Screen Shot Stories forums. I apparently need to lay down a few ground rules and emphasize the rules that are constantly being ignored.

There is NO COPYRIGHT for you as the creator of a thread/story/RPG idea. All posts on this forum belong to Nick as owner of the forum. Therefore you cannot tell anyone else that they cannot write a story or have an RPG that is similar to yours. I do request that the title be different so my notes do not get confusing;-) Copyright issues have never closed a thread, only the flaming/trolling that occur once someone thinks they have been copied.

The most common rules violated are:
a. Spam – multiple posts and nonsense posts
b. Violence – I do not allow kill, dead, guns or blood
c. Romance – No boyfriends, girlfriends, or kisses

Spam – Responses are appreciated by the authors, but keep it on the subject of the story. Nonsense posts will be deleted. If you want to act silly while you are waiting for the story to continue, then use the java chat button on the front page (right column) and talk with each other in real time. The toontown chat room is almost always empty and Nick would love for all of you to chat there and have fun. You could also use it to work on RPGs and then copy and paste the chat onto a post and do some quick edits. I also consider anyone not a mod to be spamming when they tell others about rule violations. PM me, do not post it.

NOTE: It is not considered to be double or triple or even quadruple posting when the author of the story is writing a story.

Violence – I have found that by focusing on removing the above four words – kill, dead, blood, guns – the amount of violence within the stories/RPGs has reduced dramatically. That is the primary reason I was editing posts originally. Once you have to stop and think of an alternate word, then the story changes a bit and it is usually a better story. It is also against the G-rating the forum has in place. Bugs Bunny may appear to harm things, but everyone knows that nothing bad actually happens. Make sure that is also understood in your stories/RPGs.

Romance – And this is my current reason to edit posts. I understand that you are starting to notice the difference between boys and girls, but it is not G-rated. If I allow you to post about boyfriends and girlfriends then we will get married and then we will have kids and before I know it, we’ll have posts discussing how people get kids. In order to keep the G-rating (and I WILL keep the G-rating), I am not allowing the above words to be mentioned except as the ending to a story. If the story has the boy kissing the girl and then they ride off into the sunset with a huge heart closing the screen – cool. Otherwise – you will either be edited or removed.

Within these forums, you are allowed artistic license, but the guidelines still must be followed. Because I am as interested in the stories as most of you, I choose to edit the stories to remove the problems. Once it reaches a certain point, I have to remove the thread. I try to send a PM to the owner of a thread when I remove a thread, but sometimes I do forget. Please PM me and I will respond within 24 hours. Also feel free to PM me anytime you have a question about how your story/RPG interacts with the guidelines.

I have not been issuing very many warnings for the last two months because I was trying to get caught up on the previous seven months that I had missed, but I can no longer ignore the admin’s request to take action. Beginning today (February 1, 2007) rule violators will be sent a reminder, a warning, or grounded as appropriate. I do not want anyone to feel like they can’t post, but take this time and re-read the guidelines. I think everyone would benefit from the refresher.

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...nd_Disclaimers

Tepcat
Kitty Mod - GIRL

Last edited by Tepcat; 02-12-2007 at 05:18 AM..
Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 AM
The Kitty Admin
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Participant's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Reading
Tepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundTepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundTepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundTepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying around
No Romance

Personal Ads

Creating posts announcing VMK/Player weddings, engagements, boyfriends/girlfriends and/or VMK/player "dating" are not allowed due to the inappropriate nature the posts usually end up taking. Children are present on the site and the G-rating is enforced in all areas.

THIS MEANS YOU!!!!