Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Virtual Guides & Help Info

Virtual Guides & Help Info In here is a guide to all the aspects of VMK the game. NO SPOILERS

Old VMK Guide: Trading Tips

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Spooky Shadow

iShadow is floating through Inner Space
VMK Guide: Trading Tips

Hiya!
I'm not sure if anyone did this before, but with all the Price is Right threads, I think I should try to help clarify some things in trades.
First off, there are many guides to trading that may make your trade a sucessful trade

1. Be Respectful and Politeful Throughout the Trade.
You'll be surprised how far a please and thank you will go. If you retain a happy and positive personality, that will bounce off you and reflect in your surroundings. Translation: Be nice, and you'll get nice.

2. Don't Offer Foolishly.
Don't offer too much or too little. Too much stuff may overwhlem a person into scamming you, and you'll be sorry later. Too little stuff may insult a player, and the trade will end right there and then. Be sure to offer just the right amount.

3.Be Sure.
If you don't know about a trade, don't do it until you are sure. Don't let the other trader pressure into doing the trade, because you might regret it later. To be sure of a trade, talk to your closest virtual friends, or ask this site.

4. Consider All The Factors
Other than rarity, there are more factors to consider while trading:
  • Supply and Demand
    Supply could be limited, and few of the item you seek are in stock. This pushes you to offer more for an item. But, once obtained, when you trade it, other people will too, in turn, offer alot.
  • VOI (Value of Interest)
    This is an important factor. Even if an item isn't very rare, what happens if you need it? Or really want it? And also, VOI will greatly change the trade, for example: Someone offers a really rare beta piece for your Sparrow Suit. But would you rather have a mesely Black Candle, or a suit that you can take whereever you want? Same thing goes if you're trading something to another player who wants it, they'll offer more. Also, VOI is similar to demand. If you trade for something high in demand, expect it to get you really rare items in the future.
  • TP (Trading Probability)
    This is also similar to the demand factor. Sometimes a player would be less likely to trade your desired item because of either it's rarity, low supply, or the player just plains like the item. In that manner, offers would be increased in order to persuade that player to trade his or her item. So, basically, you might have to give a bit more not becuase of raity, but to increase the TP.
5. Safety and Precautions
There are alot of scammers out there, so you have to watch out. I have been cheated many times before, becuase I was too gullible. There are many things scammers prey on:
  • Multiple Trade Boxes
    If you are trading a massive amount of items, and it take several full trade boxes, be sure to always get something in return for each trade box. Also, make sure that item is equivilent to the value of all your items in the trade box. In that way, even if the trader runs, you'll have something in return. As for the help of exchanging by using a third party member, at least use a CL. But even CL's might run with both your items.
  • Our Plain Stupidity
    Stupidity, a human flaw. It's nothing to be ashamed of (though you should try to be smart for you case), but it can get you in trouble. Most scammers rely on you not knowing the worth of your items, or of what you're trading for. Always watch out for that.

Well that's my guide Hope I did something good for VMK. Please comment and correct me on anything I did wrong, or anything in your opinion you'd like to point out. Thank you for reading this.

Last edited by iShadow; 03-13-2007 at 06:23 PM..
Old 12-19-2006, 09:59 PM
¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

AlexKZ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Good guide! This will help all the new players who some how come across a rare item. I remember when i started and optained a cyan ariel from a trade, i thought it was just a normal furniture. Just kept it and never traded it. Then 1 day i traded it for a green wreath. Not the best of trades for me. Oh well. Great guide!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

hoboswendy has disabled reputation
Very nice job on this Ice,
This should help all when dealing with a trade. My biggest complaint with trades is being asked over and over again to trade but they won't tell you what they are after or what they have to offer. I keep my trades off most of the time. I do and will trade but only ask first for what you think I might trade and don't get mad when I tell you something is not for trade.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Cheesy Egg Waffle-tastic!

Imo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
great guide
Old 12-21-2006, 08:48 PM
hollyjollychristmas (:

BlueJalepeno is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It's very good. Bravo.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Find Me on IRC
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Penguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Very good, nice job for the new players around the site, they need it.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Spooky Shadow

Thank you

Last edited by TopazR; 03-12-2007 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: thread cleanup
Old 01-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Weird, I feel invisible..

Capt.Winner is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nice guide. Although, when you say (and I quote):

Stupidity, a human flaw. It's not bad, but it can get you in trouble. Most scammers rely on you not knowing the worth of your items, or of what you're trading for. Always watch out for that.

Are you, erm, saying being stupid isn't bad? Of course, it's nothing to be too ashamed of if you don't know this or that, but usually you don't want to be stupid. And saying that can give someone the wrong message. Just saying, may want to re-word that, Ice.

But besides that, nice job!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Spooky Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Winner View Post
Nice guide. Although, when you say (and I quote):

Stupidity, a human flaw. It's not bad, but it can get you in trouble. Most scammers rely on you not knowing the worth of your items, or of what you're trading for. Always watch out for that.

Are you, erm, saying being stupid isn't bad? Of course, it's nothing to be too ashamed of if you don't know this or that, but usually you don't want to be stupid. And saying that can give someone the wrong message. Just saying, may want to re-word that, Ice.

But besides that, nice job!
Thanks, and I'll digest that constructive critisim. But I said that because intelligence isn't the only thing in the world. You can be smart, but you can be a total jerk too. But I'll change it
Old 01-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Wendygirl the Frenchie

wendygirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow, Nice job Ice, this is so going in my Favorites
Old 01-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Registered+

food52012 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nice guide!!

Last edited by TopazR; 03-12-2007 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: thread cleanup
Old 02-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Banned

DisneyFiggy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nice guide. I'll make sure to view this with big trades, and or any trades.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I am me, me is I

mari517 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Thumbs up yes

This definetly will help guests who find something of value, lol, and want to know stuffs! Sorry, not making much sense here, but anyway nice guide!! It's really good and helpfull, although VMK is not open right at this moment, lol.

Bye
Old 03-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Spooky Shadow

Yay!
Thanks, (a certain mod ), for stickying my thread!

Last edited by iShadow; 03-12-2007 at 02:39 PM..
Old 03-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Registered+

bopper is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Also, make sure you know the availability of something. You may be so happy to trade for that princess crown only to find out that they were re-released this morning over in Small-World Imports where you never check. So if somebody approaches you with something to trade that seems too good to be true, do a little investigation to find out if you can buy it/quest it/play a game for it.