Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old Disney Contact Info - Phone #'s, e-mail, and adresses

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:40 AM
Captn, I still got ammo!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: VMK
kingkris is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt View Post
I just found this as soon as I posted it. That being the case no I did not check. Have a good feeling though.
As long as it doesn't come back rejected, I assume it's valid. I am adding it to the primary

You rock!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Time for everyone to get that new email account and let them rip! Thanks to another active member for the cause I was able to watch the near-sighted vision of Disney online to come. Steve Wadsworth, president of online Disney was being interviewed when he was asked about VMK. He said it was a promotion tied with the park and that 18 months was a long time. (He has no idea that it's been 3 years!!!) He went on to say that yes, he has been recieving quite a bit of messages from it's passionate following.
We are getting through - Tell him and the others what you think!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Captn, I still got ammo!
Awards Showcase

PirateVinnie, is now confirmed. Read receipt received WOOT!

Your message

To: Matthews, Vince
Sent: Tue, 13 May 2008 2256 -0700

was read on Wed, 14 May 2008 0737 -0700

Last edited by kingkris; 05-14-2008 at 11:40 PM..
Old 05-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm going to call... But I'm a bit nervous... I'll try.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Captn, I still got ammo!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
I'm going to call... But I'm a bit nervous... I'll try.
I have all the faith in the world in you you can do it!!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:57 AM
My Username scrolls because I'm soooo good at #VMKTrivia !
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ape
TikiPin_Dude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I just called someone, They are alot older than i am, im only a teenager so i hung up as soon as they picked up, im freaked!!!!! what should i do?

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 05-16-2008 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: personal information
Old 05-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Tiki, It's a phone not a gun - just kidding.
Just be polite, tell them why you are calling, and what you think of VMK closing and what the game means to you.
It's just a person on the other end, and you deserve to be heard, age has nothing to do with it.
(And if they ask,"Did you just call and hang up.." , Honesty gets you farther. Say yes, I'm sorry I was nervous but, I needed to let you know what I feel.)
Old 05-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I called no one for vmk was there I shall call yavn and vinnie tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:22 AM
My Username scrolls because I'm soooo good at #VMKTrivia !
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ape
TikiPin_Dude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks, umm is there like i kid friendly # that is the best to use?
Old 05-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Gotta Love the Blue flips

thesimpson90 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow.. im sorry but this is an exact reason why VMK should close. This might actually give them insentive to close all their other game websites.. Seriously.. they make a game to ammuse us for a while, and then when it comes time for it to end, and they try to make it as easy of a process as they can, they have all these kids protesting? Maybe you guys should start thinking about what your actually doing...
Old 05-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesimpson90 View Post
Wow.. im sorry but this is an exact reason why VMK should close. This might actually give them insentive to close all their other game websites.. Seriously.. they make a game to ammuse us for a while, and then when it comes time for it to end, and they try to make it as easy of a process as they can, they have all these kids protesting? Maybe you guys should start thinking about what your actually doing...
Obviously you are in the dark about this thread. Comes time for it to end? Only according to Disney higher ups that obviously had no real time-line as far as closing goes. They made it easier on us? Perhaps some honesty about the reason for it's closing, since it was only a promotion yet it continued well past it's original purpose. If it was good enough to continue it for 3 years, why or what has happened since? Maybe if when you joined you were told the game would end on... that would have been different. It seems pretty obvious both staff and creators of the game were caught off guard about the closing,(not to mention the players.)
There have been many instances that show the game was to continue such as all the new items, and host events that were accidentally posted for the next month.
As far as this might cause them to close other online games, trust me, they will do that on their own just fine. Already showed us how committed they are with the games.(VMK comes to mind.) There are already plenty of rumors about Toontown being next and POTC drying up with the movies ending.
We are well aware of what we are doing. We are standing up against countless odds. We are showing that we are real people behind the avatars on the game. We are not content to quietly sit by and thank them for closing a game we all enjoy. We are showing that we have the right to be heard.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Alice In Wonderland Rocks

My Mood: Bored
strikemaster is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I called them. They were quite nice. I said that they would get more cash if it was pay-to-play, but of course, it's all about POTCO and Cars and ToonTown and Fairies. But, I'll keep working!

Okay, I called them again on a different number and said to call back.

I also eMailed Mr. Eisner

I am a boy who supports SkyRocket's thread about how we need a gender icon here on the forums!

Last edited by strikemaster; 05-20-2008 at 12:09 AM.. Reason: Updated what I did.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:31 AM
Bizzlebits Haha
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1
Baconbits is floating through Inner Space
Im going to try one last time.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:34 AM
I will never grow-up
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award 

autoalice is floating through Inner Space
I just emailed a handful on the list with a scan of my sons letter as well as my letter.
I refuse to give up! My kids refuse to give up, or let me give up!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:46 AM
Captn, I still got ammo!
Awards Showcase

I want to say thanks to all those who have taken the time to write, call and email the people on this list. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed and we have at least made it known to Disney that we would not go down without a fight.

I plan to continue to write, call and email these contacts even after VMK closes in hopes of them re-opening or creating a new VMK world.

Thank you again for your ongoing support!! It is amazing what mountains we can move as little pixels. We at least got them to realize how many people are impacted by the close, how much VMK really meant to us and what we are willing to do to keep it open. If you haven't done so, please see the New York Times article talking about the players of VMK who have gone above and beyond to make this statement. Who knew some 2 inch pixels would make the national news.

It has been a pleasure to be apart of such magic and I will treasure the memories always.

- hugs -

Gift