Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Help with Selling Used Games

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Blah
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Rock Cakes is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Help with Selling Used Games

I need money. FAST. I'm thinking about selling my used Nintendo DS games. I have a few games I don't really enjoy anymore and am thinking about selling them for a good decent amount of cash. I have about two games, in which one of them, is Super Princess Peach. I recently looked on Amazon in search for that game to see the listed price as of today, and it looks like it's $89.00 on Amazon. I have completely NO idea why this is, but I don't know is Super Princess Peach is worth selling anymore to some pawn shop who accepts used games... Anywho...

That means I'm just considering on selling one game. I'm not interested in selling it through an online store or on Ebay. I'm thinking GameStop. Has anybody sold games before? Please give reviews and opinions on where to sell and if GameStop is reasonable.

Thanks,
Rock
Old 07-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Happy
Derejin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I can't help with the money department too much, but I know Gamespot can be trusted when it comes to video games. My guess for a good price for it would be $20 to possibly $30, but $20 seems solid if you're going to sell it on Ebay or somesuch, considering Super Princess Peach isn't overly rare. If you're selling something else, though, just remember what the original price of it was and base your selling price off of that!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:03 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
GameStop/EBGames (same company) doesn't give you that much for used games. I asked how much I could get for my Harry Potter game, and they were like, "Uh, $8?", and I was just like "Errr, no thanks."
Old 07-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Birth By Sleep <3
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Gumshoe Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Ethereal
Kairi_Sora is as Frosty as a Snowman
I thought that you couldn't sell games at Gamestop, only trade them in for store credit to use and buy something else from Gamestop...
But anyways, if you're going to sell the game, maybe ask at different places how much they would pay you and you could pick the best one. But if that takes too long, then just go to Gamestop and sell the game or call them and ask how much it would be.
My brother just sold his games to a pawn shop instead, and he didn't get that much money because the games he was selling were pretty old.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Yeah, most gamestops will only give you store credit instead of cash, and even then, they'll only give you a fourth of what it actually sells for at most. Not really worth it, in my honest opinion.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:50 AM
!Moar!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

iRaccoon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've went to sell 21 of my 360 Games ((360 caught on fire))
and they only wanted to give me a measly $30. And from what i counted. All the games altogether would be around $100..

what Cheap Apes!!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Birth By Sleep <3
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Gumshoe Award 

My Mood: Ethereal
Kairi_Sora is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaccoon View Post
I've went to sell 21 of my 360 Games ((360 caught on fire))
and they only wanted to give me a measly $30. And from what i counted. All the games altogether would be around $100..

what Cheap Apes!!
Wow...especially considering they're 360 games(you would get less for like Gamecube or PS2), that's a big rip-off...
Did you go to Gamestop or somewhere else?
Seriously, my brother sold 8 of his original Xbox games and he got like $25.....
Old 07-15-2009, 06:47 PM
The Biggest Narutard Ever
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 

Here Since Day 1
naruhina4894 is as Frosty as a Snowman
I used to have a game fly account, and they gave you a much more reasonable offer then game stop.