Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered > VMK Remembered Archive

VMK Remembered Archive Archive for VMK Remembered forum.

Old VMK seen from a different perspective

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Black and Yellow!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Dreamy
AllAboutStitch is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Post VMK seen from a different perspective

I am sad that VMK closed, but I'm not crying. If you just think back and remember. This game was just cool. Hang around in the exotic rooms. Endless possibilites with the items you could buy. The in-park quests and pins. Just take five minutes to scan through the different pins and items, you'll realize how much thought was put into this game. How many years of ideas were thought out. It let you make your own fireworks, take snapshots of animals, and control your own pirate ship. Then when you have played enough, you go back to a room that you created with your earned credits and invite some friends to chill and have a good time. Gosh looking through all the items just got me thinking of how badly I'd like to see my rooms I had created and design another. Even create a quest that was like no other or walk through Magic Kingdom in the virtual world just one more time.

I will always and forever miss this game, but not to a point where it takes over my life. I need a life outside of VMK, to be with my friends.

Just, everything that was in this game felt so real and possible. I wish it would come back, to see my friends, trade my items, and create new rooms.
Man, I miss VMK.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

luckyone is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oh my i think the same way i miss SO MUCH vmk, my rooms all the cool pins (since i collect pins in real life of disney i LOVED them) and the host hunts and all that oh i miss it to finally i miss some friends who i lost contact or didnt get here on the forums i miss badly vmk
Old 05-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Ehh.. I soo feel like logging into VMK.. If I could.. xD
- ace
Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Disney didn't just close our kingdom, they closed THERE hard work. I wish they would have taken THAT into consideration as well.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

VIP
My Mood: BadMood
garfieldboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
disney gad, i do have respect for disney but when they did what they did, i was going to boycott disney big time, been avoiding them in a way
Old 06-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Registered+

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Exasperated
canogon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
no need to do that garfieldboy, it wasn't disney's fault it close.... well part of it, but still it was another company who MADE the game (disney just helped)
Old 06-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by canogon View Post
no need to do that garfieldboy, it wasn't disney's fault it close.... well part of it, but still it was another company who MADE the game (disney just helped)
The other company was Saluke, and it was not their decision to close vmk. I suggest reading TooHip's post to find out more about it.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreenWizard View Post
Disney didn't just close our kingdom, they closed THERE hard work. I wish they would have taken THAT into consideration as well.
I know I've preached the whole "Disney is a corporation, we have to accept that and use it to our advantage whether we like it or not" line a thousand times, but... it scares me just how much Disney has strayed towards traditional corporate thinking. What was really special about Disney was... well... Just that: They were special. They were different.

And now they've strayed so far from that path that they were willing to throw away one of their own works of art and pretend for over a whole year like it never happened. This has so many dark implications, I don't even want to start.

I know, yes, they throw away bad concepts and ideas all the time, but because they're bad. They don't work, people aren't interested, they're not moneymakers. VMK could have easily moved out of that category (Nay, STARTED outside that category), and possibly was outside that category the whole time, but Disney seemed so blinded by whatever statistics and charts I'm sure were being thrown in front of them that they didn't see the community behind them, and what they would have easily been willing to do.

VMK was first to go. What's next?

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.