Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered > VMK Remembered Archive

VMK Remembered Archive Archive for VMK Remembered forum.

Old Virtual Magic Kingdom

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 1

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
Post Virtual Magic Kingdom

If there is one thing Virtual Magic Kingdom had, it was magic. It gave you the thrill and excitment right as you hit enter and heard the famous "hmm" buzzing around your ears. There was tha map, with the castle in the middle and the monorail stuck in it's place.

How were we supposed to know the magic was going to end? We didn't we never did. I thought it would be there for my kids, a stretch, I know. I saw the thread before the announcement called "What would you do on the last day of VMK?" I'm sure alot of you never did those things. Why didn't you do them? Well, they were wrong to do and you didn't want your kingdom to close.

This kingdom gave you the ability to walk freely, meet new friends and grow a relationship. Not everyone has that at home and not everying is healthy enough to go to the real parks. But, the they got close. To some the kingdom, was the real park. They lived without trying to get the special item, they hung out with friends and made new ones. They could care less about a virtual item.
I wasn't like that, but I wish I was.

The other day, I belonged to another site, that was recreating the beloved kingdom. I was on their forums getting really excited, wondering what they were going to release next. Could it be a new game, a new room? I wondered through the night and texted my friends at school about the game. It was amazing that the kingdom was going to be back. Unfortunatly, they didn't get permission from Disney and public display of the site ceased. I was devistated, upset and mad. It's not my place to tell whaty happened but, I hope to see the site back up.

Why do I long for the kingdom to come back? Why do you? I want to be free in a place again where I can't be called names, addicted or anything else. Everyone who was on the game, knew it was addicting, whether you admit it or not. It was. I don't have a reson to get on the internet anymore.. I don't have anything to do. I'm bored. I get bored and distracted very easily. I never got bored of VMK... I guess I get on the computer to see a notice that the kingdom is comming back. Do I belive it will? Yes, I do. I think it will come back eventually, whether it be it comming through my family to have fun, my friends or somewhere else. Who knows which path I'll go down next.. whether it be magical... or boring.

Sincerly, SkyRocket
Old 01-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
You're bored? There are endless possibilites of things you can do. Whether it be trying to get the most highscores in our arcade to trying out for basketball at your school to helping out at your local food pantry. You could even make your virtual game. Just because vmk is gone doesn't mean that there is nothing to do.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:17 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
You're bored? There are endless possibilites of things you can do. Whether it be trying to get the most highscores in our arcade to trying out for basketball at your school to helping out at your local food pantry. You could even make your virtual game. Just because vmk is gone doesn't mean that there is nothing to do.
Feels like it sometimes..... OoO.. Food Pantry.. Mesa wanna help now..
- acefredfred
Old 01-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Registered+

leggomyeggo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hate to be the one that breaks your bubble, but VMK isn't coming back.

Many people said it'd be back after 2-3 months. Then in October. Then the 'new' VMK site appeared. I think that by now we can all agree that VMK isn't coming back. No matter how much I want it to, it just won't.

It's time for ALL OF US to move on with our lives.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm not obsessed...really

Ursweetbabygurl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
They said October 2009.
That hasn't really come yet...
Just let people hope. Everyone needs to stop trying to silence the hopeful.
It's not going to work. Hope is great. it keeps people going. And if we "WISH" that it comes back, so what? Isn't that what VMK and Disneyland are about? Wishing and "Dreams come true"?
So just shush.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefredfred View Post
Feels like it sometimes..... OoO.. Food Pantry.. Mesa wanna help now..
- acefredfred
I'm serious, community service looks good on your college application.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Heyyy?
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
MyBirdHat is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post

Many people said it'd be back after 2-3 months. Then in October. Then the 'new' VMK site appeared. I think that by now we can all agree that VMK isn't coming back. No matter how much I want it to, it just won't.

Agreed 100%
haaaapppyy new yearr:]

Last edited by MyBirdHat; 01-31-2009 at 11:09 PM..
Old 01-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Star Wars rocks!!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pwness
IceManFan is as Frosty as a Snowman
I agree also 100%

Roxas Rocks!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

My Mood: SaveVMK
DisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I'm serious, community service looks good on your college application.

thats so true. instead of wishing the game to come back, why not contribute to community service or help those who are in need.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
I do that. The point of VMK coming back wasn't the point. Although, I know something many don't.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:29 AM
.:Remember:.
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
cookiefairy is as Frosty as a Snowman
♥ Wow... that's like exactly how I feel. ♥
Old 01-30-2009, 12:31 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You know what? I wish I could just here that entering noise again. Like once the 101% was loaded there was that little noise it always made? I'd love to hear that again.

Honestly, however, I only really use this site for Disney park related stuff like new attractions and the Park Picture of the Day. If vmk comes back, great. If it doesn't, its not the end to all my worlds. Only one of them.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...

Last edited by Brer_Nick; 01-30-2009 at 02:02 AM..
Old 01-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post

It can. It may or may not. Thats not really true what you said, and you dont have proof. People can move on, but they can also still believe.
And to people who want to help communities and want a little virtual fun, make a game like vmk. Have people who play pay 2$ a month and a 12$ starting fee, or whatever you'd like. After a year, donate 60% (or again, whatever percent you want) to charity, or people in need, or anything to help the world.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:14 AM
*WhenYouWishUponAStar*
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: Contented
funny_ryry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
When VMK closed I was optimistic that it would open again. However, through the months I began thinking we should all move on and forget about it. But now I think why forget VMK? I mean if it was an entertaining game why forget it. Why not use VMK as a building block to come up with other great things. As disney says "Keep moving forward"
Old 01-31-2009, 03:06 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

My Mood: SaveVMK
DisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRocket View Post
I do that. The point of VMK coming back wasn't the point. Although, I know something many don't.
well since you brought it up, what is it?