Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive no posting

Old Yavn Speaks 5-21-08

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:14 AM
Still miss VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Happy
Noelle is floating through Inner Space
"Let's keep a special place in our hearts and minds for VMK and remember the fun, friends and fantasy while we keep an eye toward the great things to come." Yavn

Well, my heart has a big hole in it right now and my eyes are too filled with tears to see anything.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:15 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
At least we get unlimited access for free! And what if we used clones... lol
Old 05-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Keep VMK Alive!!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
HaveAMagicalDay is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ok I have a few things to say about his last newsletter.

Cry me a river!

You get to go to a new game, and probably have a job there as one of the head people.

You say you'll miss it. Yeah, you'll miss it, but you're players will miss it more.

I did not need your "inspiration"

I did not need to know about your Big Blue Book.

30 Days Unlimited Access

You want me to play for free for 30 days so I'll like the game and pay after the 30 days.

I paid Di$ney a yearly fee for POTCO. I will not play TT and POTCO. I won't use my 30 days on TT because then I might not want to give it up lol. Disney probably won't let me get 30 days (1 month) back free from POTCO and I bet that deal expires sooner than a year.

Our Communication

This one bugs me the most! How can you say you're working on a new idea for VMK players to keep in touch? Where is it?

I have players who aren't a member of any forum web site, so I'll never be able to talk of them again. Thanks Di$ney.

~HAMD

Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I think the one last favor means quit sending us emails - lol
Keep it up - LOL
Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Registered+

Mooshu has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicWithin View Post
However unlike Disneyland, VMK was never built to run forever.
Disneyland's planning to run forever?
Let's hope that's true. =/
Old 05-22-2008, 01:28 AM
Silly boy.

My Mood: Woot
GoofyLuke ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Disappointing is the word.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshu View Post
I know correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure walt didn't think it would last forever.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: BanHappy
Flame Gun is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yavn (Seth), I'm Sick of Your Lies. Your Inspiration was a promotion for a company that could advetise there other games and you to earn alot of money. I think you have heard of google images. Isn't that where you got that 'Blue Book'

http://www.mydisneycollection.com/bo...sneyland25.jpg

Funny How its an Exact Match.
Making Up More Stories? Hey? Wheres the Flying Carpet Magic? Was that a photoshop to? Were our friends in VMK a Photoshop?
Old 05-22-2008, 01:38 AM
The Princess of Waffles

WafflePrincess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It's been fun, but now its done. D=
Old 05-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Retired
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Disney
StitchRokcs is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haveamagicalday View Post
Ok I have a few things to say about his last newsletter.

Cry me a river!

You get to go to a new game, and probably have a job there as one of the head people.

You say you'll miss it. Yeah, you'll miss it, but you're players will miss it more.

I did not need your "inspiration"

I did not need to know about your Big Blue Book. I personally found this inspiring considering i plan to get a degree in computer programming but i can see why others would find it pointless
30 Days Unlimited Access

You want me to play for free for 30 days so I'll like the game and pay after the 30 days.

I paid Di$ney a yearly fee for POTCO. I will not play TT and POTCO. I won't use my 30 days on TT because then I might not want to give it up lol. Disney probably won't let me get 30 days (1 month) back free from POTCO and I bet that deal expires sooner than a year. yea i already paid for a year of potco @_@ and same reason for tt i dont wanna get hooked im going into high school and i want to start a real life :P my virtual life days are coming to an end

Our Communication

This one bugs me the most! How can you say you're working on a new idea for VMK players to keep in touch? Where is it? id like to know this too!

I have players who aren't a member of any forum web site, so I'll never be able to talk of them again. Thanks Di$ney. hey you spelled di$ney right! most people spell it with an s which is incorrect

~HAMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshu View Post
yea DLR is going to run until armageton (sp?) lol or wait what if DLR was just a promotion for disney cartoons also? what if dlr has done its job and it closes then wdw closes bc it was a promotion for dlr???
Old 05-22-2008, 01:46 AM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
wow. all i can say (and wow was just too short lol)
Old 05-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Dazzle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I guess he doesn't understand the difference between a virtual world where people have friends that they will never get to talk to again and a Disney attraction.

Funny to compare those two things, don't you think?
Old 05-22-2008, 01:49 AM
Heyyy?
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
MyBirdHat is as Frosty as a Snowman
Bye, vmk. Bye, all my wonderful amazing friends. When I said goodbye to each of them, I burst into tears. I really wish this was all a dream. The thing that made vmk special to me was that, well, I have about three friends in real life, and vmk changed all that. But we're not good enough to have disney run a free game, I guess.
haaaapppyy new yearr:]
Old 05-22-2008, 01:53 AM
Find Me on IRC
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Penguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I'm proud to say I read the entire newsletter for the last time on VMK.com.
The only good thing I can think of is, "At least Disneyland isn't ending."
Old 05-22-2008, 01:54 AM
You will "Hear My Song"

AwesomeTom is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I see many distressed and upset people over Yavn's final newsletter, and I feel the complete opposite. Yavn poured his VMK life and previous expectations before us just as we have done to him and others in VMK. Yavn proved to me is a human just like us, and though he shows some ways of advertising, it's his job; it is what he is meant to do for a living. He has a soul, he has a heart, just like us. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for him, and to those who feel the need to message him showing their discontent about his newsletter is nothing I could approve of. Yavn is a great man who created a great world, but unless we wanted to see anything in the future, I suppose this had to be done. Though I never wanted this to happen, after looking past it all, maybe it was what is best (Though I am still sad). Yavn, I thank you for this newsletter and all of your contributions to the kingdom, though they seem to have been forgotten by many members.