Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Disney on birthday

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
1). your are right about this last part Stitch.

However.... ,

2). Your quote says on your birthday for the fun card, and I'm telling you they changed it. I was there recently, and know this from what they had said. None of your sources said they can be used outside of the birthday date, and that quote from another site says On your birthday, not "never-expires fun card". No offense.

-Stitchco
When we got the card on my Mom's birthday, the CM specifically said it had no expiration date. We tried it the day after, and alas - it worked. We are going again to Disney -very soon-, so I will keep you posted whether we can use it or not.

At the beginning of the promotion, it was originally a card with no expiration date, but they changed it due to people complaining. I'd say you have an old card, but as you have been quite recently it's strange. Will let you know sooner or later with ours from May.

EDIT:
Evidence for the no-expiration, however it does mention Disney reserving the right to change the expiration date, which is what you are suggesting could have happened.

Quote:
Q. Does the BFC ever expire?
A. When the program was first announced, the BFC had to be used on your birthday, however that announcement was amended on 12/31/08 and the BFC no longer has an expiration date. NOTE: In the official fine print of the brochure given to BFC recipients, Disney makes it clear that they reserve the right to change the program in any way at any time without notice, so at some point in the future, the BFC may indeed expire if Disney wants it to.
And the Orlando Sentinel
Quote:
The best news, though, is that the card does not expire on your birthday, as was previously reported. You do still have to collect the card on your actual birthday.

Last edited by StitchMad; 08-04-2009 at 08:14 PM..
Old 08-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
As promised, I used our birthday fun card today when buying a Minnie plush for a family member. It worked just fine, despite it being from May.

Also met up with a Cast Member friend who clarified at the beginning, there was an expiry date, however due to complaints it was changed to be non-expiring and ONLY allow merchandise.

Not sure why nobody elses isn't working.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:21 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: vmkpalish
ToBeContinued is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Actually...shopping sounds FUN ^_^
Old 08-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Thank you for not forgetting about this thread while I was on my cruise

I guess it really will just matter on what it is when I go..

But from right now it looks like it doesn't expire