Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Why do you want VMK back again?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: Curmudgeon
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post

Actually, I found that month exciting, VMK was all jittered up, and it wasn't the same old routine VMK went through... rofl

Jittery, but unfair.

My family wasn't doing anything but sleeping, and some just watching TV. After the entire "YAY IT'S NEW YEARS!" everything in the house goes back to normal, and so what exactly would I miss out with the family as I'm playing on VMK? I'd rather be on VMK running around main street screamin "YAYYYYYYY" with other players.

If it's just your normal family, I can see, but if cousins came over and stuff...it's called starting your own conversation.

if you were part of the VMK haters clan, why did you join a VMK forum, where everyone else LOVES VMK like heck?

I was never part of an actual clan. I consider the VMK haters clan that large group of people who spend all of their time in a ranting forum.

Trust me, I loved the game while it was active, so I joined this site. I come back here on my own free will in June, after the game closed down. If you want me gone becuase I don't praise a game once loved, PM a moderator to have me banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimonada View Post
Exactly. Why on earth are you lurking a site where people are all for reopening VMK, if you aren't? Your first mistake is "lurking." Look at my post count. Look at my join date. I'm not lurking at all. A lurker is someone who rarely posts, and just has an account mostly to look at forums not availible as a guest. Second, not everyone is all for Re-opening VMK.Also, I wasn't any of those things you listed in the first post. Sure, I might have gotten mad at people on occasion, but at least if I got mad at them they wouldn't care since they didn't know me. In fact, it was a good thing to get mad on VMK to strangers. Better to get mad at strangers who don't care as opposed to friends who do. I lol'd. The stranger STILL is a person. They STILL have feelings. I have been treated VERY rudely in VMK, and that affected me. I hated all of the people who did that. It was completely uneccesary. Getting mad at someone you don't know is NOT better than getting mad at a friend. With your logic, hanging out with someone you don't know is worse than hanging out with an actual friend.

I don't know why you're listing all those negative aspects. Perhaps you were on the short end of all those things, and now you're regretting your choices? If you spent New Years on VMK instead of with family, that's YOUR problem. No, I wasn't bad. Years back, I saw people say "I was on VMK during the New Years Celebration !" in a thread. I remember a rant about people like that :PIf you let VMK become more important than your grades, that's YOUR problem. If you were upset you didn't get FCM, that's YOUR problem.I don't even KNOW what an FCM is. Elaborate. If you were upset you didn't keep in touch with your VMK friends after closing, that's YOUR problem. I seriously didn't care. I had like, four real friends, and they both went on here, and they're BOTH inactive here.Simply because we didn't experience the same negativity you did doesn't mean we shouldn't want it back. The only thing I experienced was grades. Nothing else. That was from other members I've seen on THIS SITE.

If you don't want to return to VMK, then don't complain here about it. If you don't care about getting it reopened, why are you here? I said this to someone else. PM a mod and you can have me banned forever. I come here because I've been here for three years. I like the site, and wish to participate here. I'm not the type of guy to beg for an online game, but I still wish to come here. We're not saying that if it reopens everyone on VMKF must rejoin. It's of course an option for those who fought to get VMK back, because they truly wanted it back. But quite frankly, I don't see why you're lurking around here still if you aren't interested in joining again. Because I want to. And I'M NOT LURKING, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. I'm not going top punish you for that, as you didn't have time to re-word, but still, next time, use better words.

Just my two cents.
- Zim
Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to start my homework that I had to do 27 munites ago.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Which Disney Character Participant's Award 

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1
xxjoshua8xx ’s Autopia has run out of gas
I say that people who enjoy this game should enjoy it, if they think its a waste of time, then think that its there opinion, not urs.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Random is my middle name
Awards Showcase

RockieRoad is spinning in a Cursed Storm

But I just don't understand; why are you on a VMK forums site if you don't and didn't and never will like VMK? What are you trying to achieve by sharing your hate of VMK with a bunch of die-hard Kingdom players?
Old 10-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonysnicket3 View Post
Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to start my homework that I had to do 27 munites ago.
I'm not sure what you're getting at. Just because you and some others had some bad experiences, that renders all of our good ones invalid?

And, again, If you'll click right here, I've got more than enough reasons for you to take a crack at.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.

Last edited by LordIllidan; 10-03-2008 at 02:41 AM..
Old 10-03-2008, 02:29 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

VIP
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockieRoad View Post

But I just don't understand; why are you on a VMK forums site if you don't and didn't and never will like VMK? What are you trying to achieve by sharing your hate of VMK with a bunch of die-hard Kingdom players?
You ignored my post, I believe. I said that while the game was open, I LOVED the game. You're also planning out my future for me by saying I never will. That kind of confidence will get you nowhere if you're planning to save VMK.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:44 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
You ignored my post, I believe.
And you're ignoring mine.

Quote:
I said that while the game was open, I LOVED the game. You're also planning out my future for me by saying I never will. That kind of confidence will get you nowhere if you're planning to save VMK.
That's not answering his question. What are you planning to achieve by trying to convince us we don't have reason to fight for what we believe in, even though that's clearly a decision we could (and should) very well make on our own?

Old 10-03-2008, 03:15 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post

That's not answering his question. What are you planning to achieve by trying to convince us we don't have reason to fight for what we believe in, even though that's clearly a decision we could (and should) very well make on our own?
What are you planning to achieve by trying to convince me we HAVE a reason to fight over an online game, even though Disney stated the game is NOT going to open any time soon.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

Quote:
What are you planning to achieve by trying to convince me we HAVE a reason to fight over an online game, even though Disney stated the game is NOT going to open any time soon.
"If they stop you from speaking, they're killing freedom. If you just can't be bothered to speak, freedom will die just the same."

Just upholding the First Amendment to the best of my abilities...

Old 10-03-2008, 04:33 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
I think the point here that is being missed, is that nobody is trying to convince you to fight for anything, (although all that want to are welcomed).
The problem appears to be only dwelling on negative aspects of the game through your own experience, which is fine to have, however probably belongs more in the rants section.

VMK was a magical place that you could make it into anything you wanted. Positive or negative depended on who you surrounded yourself with, or what you did there.

Last edited by mrmyth; 10-03-2008 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: Final thought added
Old 10-03-2008, 04:51 AM
Twitterpatted!
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
PrincessSofia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth View Post
I think the point here that is being missed, is that nobody is trying to convince you to fight for anything, (although all that want to are welcomed).
The problem appears to be only dwelling on negative aspects of the game through your own experience, which is fine to have, however probably belongs more in the rants section.
I couldn't have said this better myself. Very well put. I say you're my public speaker. mrmyth speaks the truth!

I hope you all have a great year! l I need a signature! l Thank you everyone!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:40 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
If you loved the game while it was open, what happened now?
(and my cousins? psh I only had one at the time, and she never comes over for new years LOL she's only like, 4-3 at the time)

Old 10-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Random is my middle name
Awards Showcase

RockieRoad is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post

Thank you.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
After seeing peoplle being....a little protective I will try not to make this one so bad.
Quote:
Seriously, all I saw when VMK was open was hate-hate-hate. Now, I was part of that hate group, and I don't regret it.

First off, remember the Dreams month? Remember how LET DOWN people were about not getting dreams items, yet some creepy guy living in his mom's basement got like, 30 dream ears and 10 dreams rooms.
I admit Dreams month, is not one I enjoyed. It was way too chaotic.
Second off, remember how MAD you were about the community? Didn't you just HATE it when people were mean? Didn't you HATE it because you got scammed by your best friend? Didn't you HATE it when you couldn't get an item because of a family obligation?
Who didn't get scammed on vmk? Who didn't miss something because of a family obligation? It was just part of vmk, if you get scammed you report them and get back on your feet and continue to trade. If you missed a release you ask a friend ahead of time to buy it for you and you will pay them back. I can't imagine vmk without that.
Remember New Years? VMK was open for TWO EXTRA HOURS! :O! Guess what some of you did. You played VMK for two extra hours instead of being with the family. Now, what kind of POSITIVE effect does that have on ANYTHING!?
I was never on, on new years because I was too busy.
You guys hated yavn too, didn't you. Don't you remember when you were all like "OMG YAVN WERZ DA FLYING CARPET! OMG YAVN WHY YO NOOZLTTR NO UP! OMG YAVN WY U EET!"
Yep, I will be the first to admit it, I hated yavn. Don't ask why because I will most likely be flamed beyond reason for saying why.
Plus, guess what. Report Cards. Raise your hand if you got a below-average one. I can garuntee you that your obsession with VMK is the cause.
I got the same grades as ususal, actually vmk helped me keep me want to keep my grades up so I wouldn't get grounded from vmk.
Now, why would you want back a game you hated so much? For friendship? ONLINE friends? Guess what. Your friends might not come back. If a game re-opens, they're not going to go "OMG! JOIN BAK 4 COOTIEHUNY!" and even if they do, they might have a different name! (The first day it opens, named like Life and Chicken will be spammed and wanted), without the intention of making you not recognize them!

Magic? I don't believe it. It's a corporate game lead by a corporate buisness who makes games and movies. It's their marketing that makes you believe they're "magical" and "funloving for everyone." Now, technology, they have. Lots of it. Tell me why you believed the game was so "magical!"
Yep and WDW,DLR,etc. are just overpriced themeparks.
----------CAUTION! The tagged section is a SEMI-LEGIT reason to keep VMK open! Be warned that I am aware of this, but I still show counter examples! -----------

Far from Disney? This is the most legit excuse I've heard. It gives a small and fast experience of a somewhat-Disney-park. It's not shaped like a Disney park, and you DON'T get the feel of a Disney park (15 person room limit? Rooms? STAFF HOLDING EVENTS?!), unless you're imagining yourself in Innoventions playing the game, but if you think that for too long, you might try walking out the door to go to Space Mountain, when you realize that it's your neighbor's house :P. Now, if you're wanting the park open because of this, sure, why not? It's not like a Disney park at all, but I can believe it being similar to a high-tech interactive online tour of the park.

------------CAUTION ENDED----------------

So, why do YOU want the game back so much? There's little to none reasons to have it back, and getting it back will not make anything better, except that I can get more active in the Rants forum. So please, give reasons.

If you say "OMG U R TEH NUB!", I am immediatley reporting your post. If you wish to counter my statements, please don't do it in a rude matter. I will allow a bit of rudeness, as I have been like that at times, and if I can deal it, I can take it, but please don't go into any hurtful comments

This is rushed, I know. I have to do homework (hah, I did most of it yesterday xD), but if I find that I missed something, I will edit it in the event I can actually revise this thread.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

VIP
Question guys!

Since you want VMK back so much...What is better?

A company that closes a game to keep them in buisness

or...

A company that closes a game because their company died from lack of profits.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
I could not disagree more with this, lemonysnicket3.

First, I would like to start off with a few questions. If you hated VMK while it was here and still hate it today, why did you ever play it? Why did you continue to play it when you knew that you hated it? Why do you continue to remain active on this fansite; a fansite centered on VMK while the game was here, and now centered on the game's legacy? Why do you assume that because you had bad experiences with the game, everyone had bad experiences with the game? What makes the many positive experiences of the game that people had invalid?

Now that I have hit most of the general arguments against your statements, I will attempt to tackle your specific problems with VMK:

Dreams Month
Nothing in life is completely fair. There will always be people who get around the system, and even if there aren't any hackers, there will always be a group of pessimistic, glass-half-empty people who assume everyone is at their worst potential.

This holds true for Dreams Month. VMK Staff tried their best to grant as many dreams as they could throughout the game. Obviously, everyone couldn't win. If everyone did win, it would diminish the feeling of having your own dream granted (dream ears and room) and it would certainly decrease the value of the prize items. Hackers could have obtained extra items, but even if that did not happen at all, speculators would always bring it up and turn the rumor into a fact.

The Community
Yes, people were mean. Yes, greedy people scammed others out of their items. Yes, people dictionary danced. Yes...I could go on and on.

Everything has its imperfections, lemonysnicket3. It's up to you accept them. That's right, I said it's up to you. The game could have never been perfect; nothing can be perfect. Sort of linking back to my initial questioning, if you couldn't accept the game's obvious imperfections, then you should have not allowed yourself to suffer. If you looked at the glass half empty, then you might as well have dumped the glass down the drain. There's no sense in playing a game that makes you upset, unless you feel a need to punish yourself.

New Year's
Actually, VMK opened for 3 more hours on New Year's Day, but that is beyond my point.

VMK Staff could only control their game, not the lives of their game's players. They extended the game's closing time to give the whole country a chance to celebrate the New Year on VMK; they did not and could not force anyone to play.

If someone would rather play VMK than spend time with their family, that is that person's personal problem, not VMK's problem. Blame the guy who jumped into the pool, not the pool itself.

The same goes for your "report card" argument.

Hating Yavn
Just because you hate the principal, doesn't mean you hate the school.

Online Friends
Yes, they might not come back, but they also might come back. We don't know for sure, but many of us would take that chance for the amazing friends that we have made. Virtual or not: they comfort you when you are upset, laugh with you during funny times, and are always ready to just chat with you when you need to get something off of your chest; sounds like a real friend to me.

Magic
Many of us are aware of Disney's greed. Many of us are aware of Disney's "brainwashing" strategies and money lust. Those who are not have probably moved on to another Disney obsession with the magic still within them, but that does not mean that informed individuals cannot continue to live the magic. Informed individuals can distinguish between the cheap video games and the quality online games. They can allow the good magic to fill their hearts while blocking out the "magic" that Disney attempts to shove down our throats daily.

Smart people can at least attempt to handle Disney's corruption. You are certainly smart, lemonysnicket3.

CAUTION!
I'll take a detour.

Personal Thoughts
Now, putting all of my established accusations against you aside, I will proceed to briefly state my personal beliefs about why I think VMK should return (Though I know I haven't done a good job with keeping stuff brief in this post, I will try here).

VMK was an escape from reality.
VMK was a place where you could be yourself.
VMK was a place where you were not judged by the outside, but on the inside.
VMK was a place where you could make friends that were always just a click away.

VMK was a place for hope.

Thanks for reading,
Soccer

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!