Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Protest Picture

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: BanHappy
Flame Gun is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyman View Post
People are standing up for what they believe in. What's wrong with that?

We're not a game. We're a community.
I agree Slinkyman.
Just because they dressed up in that doesnt mean they are weird. It just means the have great dedication to the game - Community and want to show what they believe in. I personally might have went wearing my Jack Sparrow Hat, Just because I wanted to.
Its not nice to make fun of people who are Standing Up For What Many of You Want. Bear to Ask The Question, What if you were there wearing a funny outfit?

Adults play the game to. And I know Many other people 15+ (In Amount) Wanted to go to the protest, but couldn't.

Didn't Expect Anyone To Be This Rude for Standing Up in what yourselfs believe in.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I agree, I feel so sorry for them being made fun of especially when they are fighting for what they believe in. Sure dressing up went a little over board, but don't make fun of them they are trying to save something that is very near and dear to all of us. They are doing more than most of you are doing, thank you everyone who went and protested.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Maybe the dressing up was to help stand out in a crowd,(I have occasionally seen those on weekends at DLR).
As far as a turn out, pictures do not always show everything going on. I'm also not sure how many parents said,"Sure I'll take you down to DLR and let you protest with a bunch of strangers you've never met".
The other thing to keep in mind, we like this game because those of us that are not near the parks, get to enjoy it with friends.
(It's a big word EKB, F R I E N D S - look it up evil rabbit.)
Old 05-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Neeeeeed Sleeeeee.....Zzz
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

cteddiesgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
Wow I wouldn't go to this. It's just sad.
IT'S A GAME!!! Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyman View Post
People are standing up for what they believe in. What's wrong with that?

We're not a game. We're a community.
Well said, Ink.

awsomered: It may be just a game to you, but to many other people it's a lot more. If you don't care about VMK, then go find your own game.
Just please stop putting others down for doing what they think is right.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Mega PM Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

MagicMontey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I salute those who turned out to protest the closing of VMK. These people have made history. They have stood up for something that I also believe in.

I believe that shutting down VMK will make The Walt Disney Company less magical. There is no way of knowing how many Disney fans have done their part to get our voice out. But when I see stories on the TV, hear radio talk shows, follow many links to petitions, videos, blogs, forums and print news I am proud of those who took the time to do what they can to express their love for this "promotion". This “game” which has become a wonderful community has provided family friendly fun and has brought the Disney magic into homes, around the world, at the click of a mouse.

To those who’s comments do not show appreciation for what these people have done, let me just say that one day I hope you find something that you are passionate about or even something or someone that you value. May you use all your strength and resources to protect it and may you always believe that one person can make a difference in this world.

Last edited by Jezzi; 05-11-2008 at 10:56 PM..
Old 05-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Registered Guest

bowlofcereal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
We were out there for everyone as we are a community as slinkyman mentioned. I personally went out to show my support; however, that location in the picture was before they were too big and had to move locations to the main shuttle entrance.

I personally loved Santa Claus. We had security come and take pictures we had people honking and stopping just to shake our hands and thank us for standing up to help save the community.

We had a couple people that wanted to argue and we just asked them to move along; however the man in a suit who we assume was a Disney Executive who verbatim repeated the same statements we hear confirmed that even POTC is a promotion and yes Disney will continue to close and open games.

At least it is disclosed well enough in advance that we will expect it when it happens, I guess. I also think that was actually very professional of Disney to at least be honest and come out now about such a future closing then let everyone know a month before hand.

Regarding the Protest - We were all there for everyone who could not be there and the couple dozen people did a great job at telling the Community about Disney pulling the plug on Communities.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:47 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
That's some beard that dude has there! I like the woman's hat though...
Old 05-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Black and Yellow!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Dreamy
AllAboutStitch is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i kinda agree with awesomered. It is just a game ( and don't attack me with community ). Our lives would have been no different if vmk never was vmk. Vmk just put temptation to give out personal info. etc. To pay to go to disney and protest is kind of a waste of time. If some ppl walk by and have no idea what vmk is then there really is no use.

Kuddos to them for standing what they believe in ( dressing was weird ) but come on guys, it's a game
Old 05-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Neeeeeed Sleeeeee.....Zzz
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

cteddiesgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutStitch View Post
i kinda agree with awesomered. It is just a game ( and don't attack me with community ). Our lives would have been no different if vmk never was vmk. Vmk just put temptation to give out personal info. etc. To pay to go to disney and protest is kind of a waste of time. If some ppl walk by and have no idea what vmk is then there really is no use.

Kuddos to them for standing what they believe in ( dressing was weird ) but come on guys, it's a game
Actually, I know several people whose lives have not been the same now if they had never started playing VMK. Those lives would be very different now if VMK never existed.
Maybe your life would be no different, but their lives are. And so is mine.

With every person you meet and talk with, you life and theirs is impacted in a permanent way. Can you honestly say that the people you have meet in VMK and in this forum have not affected you in any small way? What about those people such as Slinkyman who have used this game as a way to get through tough times? It's impacted their lives.
Slinkyman might have had something very different happen had he not had the positive influence of VMK and his friends there.

Just think of certain things you have done because of VMK or because of the friends you made there that have impacted your life. Every decision made has something to do with who you are today.

So don't discount this "game" as something that could have not had any bearing on your life now. It might have actually been very different.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Be cool by being yourself
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Cool
ccooldudecool is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Bird hat and santa XD. But keep it up!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:39 AM
Captn, I still got ammo!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: VMK
kingkris is floating through Inner Space
I know if I lived 2 hours or less from DLR...I would have joined them dressed up as Sparrow (Show) She would have wore a stitch Hat..(Gift)
Old 05-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Registered+

rockynmax is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thease people are doing a great part in helping to keep VMK around for all of us you dumbo rabbit! The only weirdo I see is you!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 6

VIP
My Mood: Dreaming
izzie is floating through Inner Space
Whoah. Now that is what it means to try and keep VMK open! Thanks to all those who protested. Are those 2 people trying to imitate the blue baseball cap on VMK? I noticed that & the bird hat, and the santa beard.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: BanHappy
Flame Gun is spinning in a Cursed Storm
If people call drssing like that is weird. Then what is wearing a Mickey Ears Hat or other costume hat in the park called?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:26 AM
Smile, your on camara
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

camara is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm tired of this! They should just keep the game already! The ONLY reason VMK never got as far as they wanted it to, like the other games, is because they refused to pay to advertise it. Am I the only one who NEVER saw a VMK commercial on TV?