Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Vmk 2?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 1

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
EKB,
Is there anyway you can prove this?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:00 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Oh! I really hope that this is true! I'm so excited! I can't wait to play!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

What if this isn't true? Would EKB do that to us?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Heinous Hare
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 15

Evil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expired
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRocket View Post
EKB,
Is there anyway you can prove this?
My contact (who has read this) just informed me that the working name for the project has been changed from VMK-VR to VRMK. I guess "VMK-VR" was virtually redundant.

He also said that, although I violated the NDA when I posted this, his boss said it was okay since nobody would ever believe me because I'm Evil Kid Bugs. So don't look for any proof from me.

-ekb-

Last edited by Evil Kid Bugs; 04-13-2008 at 03:55 AM..
Old 04-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Go Giants! 11-2
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Woot
Cools is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Aww, I wish we could be positive!

~€00L$
Old 04-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

He found out in 30 minutes?

Here is a big question: Will it be free? And if not How much a month?

EDIT:
Is this a joke or not? If it is I'll be upset again..
If it's not.. Well... I'll be happy

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-13-2008 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: merged
Old 04-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Kid Bugs View Post
I was sworn to secrecy about this, so I'm happy to tell you about it:

The new VMK being developed will be a 3-D world of the actual Di$ney parks called VMK-VR. They are currently creating digital models of Di$neyland, starting with it since it's the smallest park and easiest to digitize. They are using a system like what Access used to create digital models of golf courses for Links golf, where they go through an area with a camcorder, then feed the video through a program that creates the models. They have been doing that while the park is closed, so as to not get guests in the park in the videos.

Once the digital model of the park is set up, you will be able to create a character that can travel through the park much like the toons in Toontown Online. They can enter buildings, and interact with attractions, go on rides, and even buy items from kiosts which are then shipped to you. You will be able to do just about everything except eat a churro.

When the bugs have been worked out, things get interesting. They are working on TelePresence Avatars (TPA), which are little robot guys about 3 feet tall, that have a video camera & microphone so you can see and hear what they is around them, and a screen and speaker so people at the park can interact with them. They are made to look sort of like the little alien critters from Toy Story. Users will be able to rent a TPA to tour the actual park and interact with the actual guests at the park. The TPAs are limited to travelling along hidden tracks, so they don't get in trouble, or run into real guests.

Di$ney sees the TPAs as being a huge source of potential revenue, by allowing people who can not travel to the park to have some of the park experience. One big market will be grandparents, who may not be physically able to join their family on a trip to the park. By using the TPA, they can join their family wh has taken a trip, and do stuff like taking their grandkids to buy gifts and stuff, or joining the kids on rides. Nothing like actually seeing and hearing the kiddies as they ride down splash mountain. Yes, the TPAs are waterproof.

Later, they will digitize all of the Di$ney parks, allowing people to tour parks that they may not have ever considered going to, like EuroDi$ney and the Hong Kong park. Of course, once you've been through the park by TP, you may decide to really go there.

Further down the road will be the creation of fantasy parks that do not exist in real life. DisneyLand will be created from the original plans, so you can visit it on it's opening day in 1955 just the way it was then, and even meet a digital creation of Walt. Another will be Di$neyWorld 2050, created based on long tern plans for changes to that park. Di$neyEarth 3000 will be a pure fantasy concept of the park a thousand years in the future. Di$neyAtlantis is their park on the bottom of the ocean. There will even be Di$neyMoon and Di$neyMars.

It all starts with the next generation of VMK-VR, which is in early alpha development. They hope to go into beta in late 2008, or early 2009. Now, would you really rather see them waste time keeping the old VMK going when they could be helping get VMK-VR going?

-ekb-
You got me at the beginning... but at the end you lost me.

April Fools Day is normally celebrated on April 1st... but I guess anything goes for an evil bunny.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:00 AM
VMK's true DJ! :D Remix!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 

Tris-Remix is as Frosty as a Snowman
A new vmk? i hope this is true
Old 04-13-2008, 12:05 AM
A Marker that is Orange

Orangemarker is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
My contact (who has read this) just informed me that the working name for the project has been changed from VMK-VR to VRMK. I guess "VMK-VR" was virtually redundant.

He also said that, although I violated the NDA when I posted this, his boss said it was okay since nobody would ever believe me because I'm Evil Kid Bugs. So don't look for any proof from me.

-ekb-
I don't know if we can trust you ekb. You WERE the one that did all these things- http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88909

And if you are telling the truth, get somebody else that is reliable to post this info, then mayble we can believe you!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

He keeps looking at the thread but doesn't post.. makes me wonder.

Please tell us is this real or not?

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-13-2008 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: merged due to deleted post
Old 04-13-2008, 12:17 AM
rawr.

My Mood: Gloomy
Misskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Quote:

-ekb-
I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Happy
Derejin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
No offense, but I can easily tell that's a fake from the thumbnail.
That's a copy and paste of a brown rabbit from Toontown onto a shot of a real Disney park. @_@

EDIT: Now it's bigger and I can see what it says.
Funny Toontown joke, Evil Kid Bugs.

*cowers from angry rabbit of doom*
Old 04-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

Nice Edit. Guess this sin't true...

Well there goes our happiness and hope.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
They better do it. The only reason i loved VMk was becuase it was like going to the real park and hanging out from your own home. I hope they make one with ALL the parks from around the globe and not get so carried away with things not associated with disney.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

This really makes me sad that he would tell us somethign and it just be a joke..