Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Am I allowed to trade VMK stuff to other games?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:56 PM
The One and Only Smoop!
Awards Showcase
Scavenger Hunt Participation's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Busy
Smoop has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSmoop has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSmoop has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Exclamation Am I allowed to trade VMK stuff to other games?

Question: Am I allowed to trade my VMK items for items in other online games (Neopets, Millsbury, Runescape, Trickster... etc)?

Answer:
The answer is no. There is really no way to monitor trades among the many different platforms out there. In fact, it's in the rules of certain games that "game to game" trading isn't allowed. Players found doing so could result in their account being banned/frozen/locked. In order to protect players from scammers, cheats, or by having their account banned due to rule breaking, we don't not allow any kind of game to game trading/selling.

This also applies to "account" trading and selling as well. Say you play VMK a lot now, and don't play "Neopets" anymore. It is a freezable offence if you sold/gave/traded your Neopets account for VMK stuff or even Neopets related items.

*NOTE* - Trading of non-VMK items (Runescape, Neopets, MapleStory, Pirates Online, Pokemon, etc), even if it's in the same game, is also prohibited. This is a VMK fansite, not another game fansite. If you want to trade other items, go to a fansite for that game.
“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Last edited by Smoop; 05-30-2007 at 03:10 AM..
Old 08-16-2006, 08:58 PM
~Still Smiling~

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
Yasmin818 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Yea i saw you close this thread on a topic like this
Old 09-17-2006, 10:01 PM
VMK MEMBER FOR 400+days!

Lifeparty ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
that stinks alittle but you have good reason.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:52 AM
¿hablas español?

Tanimalcrossing is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Lifeparty View Post
that stinks alittle but you have good reason.
Hear, hear
Old 05-30-2007, 12:42 AM
50%Bry 50%Cey 100%Trader

brycey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wait. Someone in my pokemon crater thread was trading some pokemon on that game for VMK items. I was about to get one. Is this forbidden? (Sorry, never read this thread before <_<)
Old 05-30-2007, 12:50 AM
The One and Only Smoop!
Awards Showcase
Scavenger Hunt Participation's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Smoop has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSmoop has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSmoop has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycey View Post
Wait. Someone in my pokemon crater thread was trading some pokemon on that game for VMK items. I was about to get one. Is this forbidden? (Sorry, never read this thread before <_<)
Correct, we do not allow game to game trades on these forums.
“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Last edited by Smoop; 05-30-2007 at 03:12 AM..
Old 05-30-2007, 12:53 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
When you said were not allowed to sell/trade our accounts but like say if I quit vmk and I wanted to give it to a good friend were not allowed to do that right?
Old 05-30-2007, 12:56 AM
The One and Only Smoop!
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination View Post
When you said were not allowed to sell/trade our accounts but like say if I quit vmk and I wanted to give it to a good friend were not allowed to do that right?
Correct. I wouldn't give your friend the exact "account", but it's okay to give him all your items (just like how VMK has free item rooms). I know it sounds tedious, but at least this way you won't have to give up your account name and password.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:17 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
what if someone already traded their things and want it back, not me
Old 05-30-2007, 02:38 AM
50%Bry 50%Cey 100%Trader

brycey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
So my orange space shoes for a lvl 83 dark mew would be forbidden. (not trading pokemon for pokemon)
Old 05-30-2007, 02:59 AM
The One and Only Smoop!
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkncookies View Post
what if someone already traded their things and want it back, not me
That is exactly why we don't allow game to game trading. Most games have a built in system to make a trade (of their own items) happen at the same time to prevent scamming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycey View Post
So my orange space shoes for a lvl 83 dark mew would be forbidden. (not trading pokemon for pokemon)
Yes, that is against our forums policies since somebody is going to have to trade first. There is absolutely no way that the second person is guaranteed their items.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:30 AM
The Real Slim Shady

SlimShady is spinning in a Cursed Storm
even though this does not concern me since i dont do any other online game like vmk anymore, but why would this be prohibited? i really dont see how forums can have so many rules cuz even if a player does get scammed (on for instance Runescape) why is it vmkforums problem? it is not
i personally think that ppl should watch out for themselves and if they know the chances that they might be scammed and do it anyway then that is there fault and there fault only. But hey, that is just my opinion
Old 08-11-2007, 04:32 PM
RAWR. =]

Astrominniekid is spinning in a Cursed Storm
does that mean if u trade wit neopets and vmk, and u get other stuff on another site of this fansite, is that forbidden?

Deatholy hallows
please just go on
<3 x5
Old 09-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Banned

Marth is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wait, so we cant trade something like;

My Pokemon for my Pokemon in the SAME game?
Old 09-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
Wait, so we cant trade something like;

My Pokemon for my Pokemon in the SAME game?
That is correct, this kind of trade is not allowed on VMKF.

Please note the our policies regarding trading (from Disney Online Worlds)

Quote:
Non-VMK Items/Codes/Accounts
ADDED (29 May 2007): You may NOT trade codes, merchandise, accounts, items from ANY OTHER GAME (for example: Pokemon, Runescape, Coke Rewards, etc.) either for VMK items OR for other like items. What does this mean?

I have a Neopets items and want to trade it for a VMK item. NO!
I have a Runescape account I no longer use and want to trade it for VMK items. NO!
I have a Pokemon item that I want to trade for another Pokemon item. NO!
There are several reasons for this:

There is no way to monitor trades from other games here in the forums.
This is a VMK fansite, not one for other games. If you wish to trade items from another game, find a fansite for that game.
Trading accounts breaks our rule about Personal Information