Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (January 26 - February 1)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (January 26 - February 1)

This Week in VMK!
January 26-February 1

Welcome to the latest installment of our new feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

2006:

January 26th:

Released

The DLP Cheyenne Hotel and Monsters Opening pins are released along with Hong Kong Disneyland items. The Hong Kong Ship Chair Cyan, Hong Kong Ship Chair Magenta, Hong Kong Ship Chair Yellow (also awarded from the Blast in Space game), Hong Kong Paper Lantern Cyan, Hong Kong Paper Lantern Magenta, and the Hong Kong T-Shirt Red are also released in stores.

January 27th:

Newsletter
Get those parkas out because February is Everest Month...brrr
The VMK Monster Maze was declared a success (not sure all the players would agree)
Capture the Yeti Quest coming February 3rd
Everest Ride Competition Announcement! Registration begins on February 6th and judging is to take place towards the end of the month
VMK Profiles: Interview with VMK_Flamingo
Top Players:goldie (Space Ghost Coast to Coast), DisVaClub (Sweet Heart Room), CL_Nedakh (Pirates of VMK Board Game!), and CL_Nessarz (Don't get eat by the Bear!)

January 31st:

Retired

The DLP Cheyenne Hotel, Hong Kong Ship Chair Cyan, Hong Kong Ship Chair Magenta, Hong Kong Ship Chair Yellow, Hong Kong Paper Lantern Cyan, Hong Kong Paper Lantern Magenta, and the Hong Kong T-Shirt Red are retired.

February 1st:

February is Everest Month

Everest Month begins and players can look forward to all sorts of icy escapades. Some events to look forward to include Capture The Yeti Event, Snow Spin, Ask The Host, Ice Bowling, Everest Survivor, Everest Tune Train, Sherpa Shuffle, Everest Makeover, Down By The River Side, Don't Break The Ice, Rave To The Summit, Brave The Mountain, Yeti Trading Camp, Make A Deal, Everest Trading Company, and Yeti's Spin To Win!

Win Ice Cube Chairs!

Players could win by playing Pirates or Castle Fireworks. One ice cube chair was awarded for every Level 3 Pirate Game win. When playing Castle Fireworks, players who made it in the top 5 received chairs as part of their prize. Fifth, fourth, and third place would get one chair, second place got two chairs, and first place won three chairs!

50 Player Queue Limit

Today marks the day when the 50 player queue limited was first implemented.

Released

Yeti Tracks are here! The Everest 3 of 5 pin is released complete with tracks made by the Yeti himself. And if you're feeling like it's time for an Everest expedition, check out the Yeti Ride Start, Yeti Ride Straight, Yeti Ride Turn Left, Yeti Ride Turn Right, and Yeti Ride Teleporter which have been released. You can also buy a pack of ride pieces and save some hard earned credits. The Yeti Ride Extension Pack, Yeti Ride Loop Builder Pack 1, Yeti Ride Loop Builder Pack 2, Yeti Ride Starter Pack 1, and Yeti Ride Starter Pack 2 are available for purchase.

Retired

The Monsters Opening pin is retired.

2007:

January 26th:

Released

The DPL Hotel New York pin is released.

January 28th

Fin's Blue Bayou Quest

Click the image to view the full version

Quest with Fin for some Frosty Prizes! Players who successfully complete the quest receive a Everest Chair, Ice Cube Chair, and a Snow Carpet.

January 29th:

Retired

The DPL Hotel New York pin is retired.

Newsletter
Yavn Speaks about Football, Quests, and Valentine's Day
Event Info for January and February- Football anyone?
The Yeti shares some information about the Carousel of Progress
Push challenges players with a "Where in the Park" question
Top Players:

darthstich - Star Tours

Fozzy - Tron Tank Attack Game

BlueCitrus - Blue's Crazy Football Quest

PhoebeLisa - The Computer Talk Quest

January 31st

In-Park Animation Quest Released

Visitors to the parks can play the Disney Animation Quest and win the dizzying Animation Viewer

February 1st:

Released

The Club 33 pin is released.

Retired

The VMK New Year's Quest is retired along with the New Year 2007 Pin prize.

2008:

January 26th:

Released

The Magic Show Stage Curtain, Magician Top Hat Blue, Magician Jacket Blue Boy, Magician Jacket Blue Girl, and Magician Pants Blue are released.

January 28th:

Newsletter
Yavn Speaks about magic, mysteries, and more
Event info tells of upcoming magic, football, and quests
New Quests!
Top Players:

Eclipse - The VMK Aquarium

Mightycuteguy - It's Trapped! The Game

Capt.Walrus - Sweet Tooth Quest

January 29th:

"Twitches Too" Quest! Released

The "Twitches Too" Quest! is released and players who complete the quest receive the Twitches Amulet Pin.

Tradeable

The Magic Checkers Levitation Single Use and Magic Checkers Sleight of Hand Single Use pins can now be traded.

February 1st:

Released

The Cheerleader Top Pink, Cheerleader Skirt Pink, Cheerleader Shoes Pink, Football Helmet Teal, Football Player Shirt Teal, Football Player Pants Teal, Magic Show Top Hat Chair Gold, Magic Show Block C, Magic Show Multicolor Curtain Divider, Levitation Magic, and Levitation Magic Single Use are released.

Hannah Montana Quest Released

The Hannah Montana Quest is released and players who complete the quest receive the Hannah Montana Gold Microphone Pin.

Re-released

The Football Guest Room, Football Helmet Blue, Football Player Shirt Blue, Football Player Pants Blue, Football Helmet Red, Football Player Shirt Red, Football Player Pants Red, Football Referee Hat, Football Referee Shirt, Football Referee Pants, Football Shoes, Spectator Bench, and the Football Randomizer are re-released.

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 01-27-2009 at 08:42 AM..
Old 01-27-2009, 04:14 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
2006- I bought the Monsters Opening Pin! I LOVED Everest Month!
2007- I had those pins!
2008- My Hannah Montana Pin! Football again! Haha.. fun times!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Everest Month = the best month VMK ever did.
The Monster's Opening pin was awesome, I got donated one in the Emporium, and I also won one from a friend's game.

I remember getting loads of Ice playing pirates with Batleth, and eventually building a room with them all which I kept till the end.. woot woot.
Very nice issue, thanks!!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Starbucks = LOVE!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Snow!
ParamoreGal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ooh i remember the animation mover! Everyone thought it was so rare in the first week it came out and then everyone had it I loved the ice cube chairs! They had soo much purpose and I loved them! I used to have the monsters opening pin but traded it for a chernebog ( spelling? ) rug! I sooo regreted that !
Old 01-27-2009, 07:40 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
Winter was my favorite time in VMK.
I loved all the wintery items, especially those ice cubes! (:
Old 01-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Starbucks = LOVE!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Snow!
ParamoreGal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_Bink View Post
Winter was my favorite time in VMK.
I loved all the wintery items, especially those ice cubes! (:
I agree!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
Everest Month = the best month VMK ever did.
The Monster's Opening pin was awesome, I got donated one in the Emporium, and I also won one from a friend's game.

I remember getting loads of Ice playing pirates with Batleth, and eventually building a room with them all which I kept till the end.. woot woot.
Very nice issue, thanks!!
Ahh.. Everest Month. Completely agree, good theme, park related, awesome items, bat magic, it was VMK's best month.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:35 AM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
those were the good ol days
Old 01-27-2010, 04:36 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
B
U
M
P
!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I loved winter in VMK
It was a lot of fun!
And I liked the magic stuff!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P

Old 01-27-2011, 02:48 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
The Hannah Montana quest. I never did it, but I remember everyone complained about it.(including myself) The super bowl room was spectacular and one of my favorite rooms.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:01 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Everest month was awesome. Also, I remember all those winning guest rooms. There was so much controversy on VMKF about the Trapped winning game room. I remember people saying it wasn't creative and shouldn't have won. I still think it shouldn't have won, but whatever.

Oh and checkers... I'm sure people remember I was champ for the first week, no?
Hannah Montana quest was so easy. People even gave me their quest pins (back when I was totally obsessed with Hannah Montana..).
Old 01-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 

Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P

Old 01-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase

B U M P !