Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old Disney.com Terms of Use - Updated 5/6/08

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Capn is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Horrible, absolutely horrible. his makes me think twice of renewing my Toontown subscription, buying a Disney DVD, or purchasing anything Disney.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn.AwesomeDude View Post
Horrible, absolutely horrible. his makes me think twice of renewing my Toontown subscription, buying a Disney DVD, or purchasing anything Disney.
What does purchasing a DVD or anything else Disney have to do with WDIG? Once you buy a physical items it's not like they can come to your house and take it.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:55 PM
VMK's true DJ! :D Remix!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tris-Remix is as Frosty as a Snowman
So they closin it for no reason at all? what dumbos disney are
Old 05-06-2008, 10:00 PM
listen to the sea
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 

orcafan8 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hmm, its an interesting change that i had often wondered about. This is the very reason why i do not pay for any internet games. Its just like series television, just when it gets good they pull the plug because it is not netting them the amount of money they think it should and/or its replacement could.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:01 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
So.. what does this mean in very simple terms?
Old 05-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the memories!

BaldEagleBob is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Kid Bugs View Post
Most nations, even the USofA, have constitutions that prohibit things like "WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR FURTHER ACCESS...FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON". For instance, I would LOVE to see them terminate someone because of their race or religion. If they wanna try, there is a certain Brown Satanic Bunny they can work on...-ekb-
100% wrong.

In truth, most nations don't have constitutions that prohibit companies from terminating your access to their property or copyrighted material.

In the US, the constitution states that neither congress nor any state shall make or enforce laws that discriminate on account of race or religion. It is silent on discrimination by corporations or individuals.

Most other western nations deal with discrimination in commerce in their local or federal civil codes. The vast majority of Asian and African nations do not address the subject at all.

Actually reading documents before citing them as examples is always a good plan and will save you further embarrassment.

How I wish that they taught proper civics in American Schools nowadays!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:06 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
Disney is cheating us out of our money!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Meanest Player Ever
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

mickey0794 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Hah, as I read this We have cancelled our 2 summer trips, 2 weeks each, one to DLR and one to WDW. I've also revoked my membership in DMR. As well as gone to my local disney star at the mall, and had the gift cards cashed in and I quote myself on this "unless you would like me to start something." They just lost quite a bit of money, especially since my credit card has disney logos on it, which is no CANCELLED.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
What it all really means is that they can and do, whatever and whenever they like with their stuff, without any reason. If you do not let them win they will get mad and take their toys away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2starTagregory View Post
I AM GOING TO SUE DISNEY!!!!! They are very rude. They think this is going to stop us? They're wrong!!!!!!!!!
Oh I almost forgot that part, they also put in a disclaimer that you cannot sue them for any reason.

[I]UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE, OUR LICENSORS OR LICENSEES, OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING ENTITIES' RESPECTIVE RESELLERS, DISTRIBUTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) AND PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, THAT RESULT FROM (A) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, ANY WDIG SITE OR CONTENT, OR (B) THE CONDUCT OR ACTIONS, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF A WDIG SITE OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, OR $100 (WHICHEVER IS LESS) FOR ACCESSING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO ANY WDIG SITE. MOREOVER, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE, OUR LICENSORS OR LICENSEES, OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING ENTITIES' RESPECTIVE RESELLERS, DISTRIBUTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS, BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM AN ACT OF FORCE MAJEURE OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR OR THEIR REASONABLE CONTROL. [/I]
Old 05-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Meanest Player Ever
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

mickey0794 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth View Post
What it all really means is that they can and do, whatever and whenever they like with their stuff, without any reason. If you do not let them win they will get mad and take their toys away.
Rofl, and they'll be hearing from me and my family, possibly channel 9 news if they go to far.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks To All!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Bahahaha
Nickpf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You can say goodbye to my Pirates Online membership. And me buying Disney DVDs.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: BanHappy
Flame Gun is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Guys, I would like you to Listen to This:

If You or Any Member of VMK does not log on to any Disney Online Site after 5/6/08, they can't close VMK because legally, that person, and there account has not agreed to the Terms of Use as of 5/6/08, sence those things were added on that date, if one person just one does not log on to VMK, they can't close VMK, because they did not agree to Having sites closed that they use, as well as being limited to not using the site.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:37 PM
misses VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

ACECpt.RICH is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well is this just a ray of sunshine...

How about those who agreed to the terms of service before today? So, techniqually, I would think they don't have the legal right to terminate the game without reason seeing as nobody agreed to that.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: BanHappy
Flame Gun is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACECpt.RICH View Post
Well is this just a ray of sunshine...

How about those who agreed to the terms of service before today? So, techniqually, I would think they don't have the legal right to terminate the game without reason seeing as nobody agreed to that.
Yes, Technically, Sence I logged on to VMK Today, I agreed to it today, if you do not "Use" a site of theres after this date, and own an account, you didn't agree so they don't have a right to
Old 05-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Question
Whipstersh is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gun View Post
Guys, I would like you to Listen to This:

If You or Any Member of VMK does not log on to any Disney Online Site after 5/6/08, they can't close VMK because legally, that person, and there account has not agreed to the Terms of Use as of 5/6/08, sence those things were added on that date, if one person just one does not log on to VMK, they can't close VMK, because they did not agree to Having sites closed that they use, as well as being limited to not using the site.
Actually, we did agree to the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDIG TERMS OF USE
AMENDMENT

At any time, we may amend these terms of use (including by modification, deletion and/or addition of any portion thereof). If we make a material amendment to these terms of use, we will notify you of such amendment by sending you an e-mail at the last e-mail address that you provided us, and/or by posting notice of such amendment on the Web sites covered by these terms of use. Any such amendment to these terms of use will be effective thirty (30) calendar days following either our dispatch of an e-mail notice to you or our posting of notice of the changes on the Web Sites. Please note that, at all times, you are responsible for updating your personal information to provide us your current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any other reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of any amendment described in the notice.
So they can force us to abide by any new rules. HOWEVER, in this version of the 'WDIG Terms of Use' (unchanged from an older version as well - so we have agreed to them), they have stated that the changes would be effective 30 days after they have been added to the site and/or e-mailed to you. I don't have a record of which changes were added today, but if it was important for allowing VMK to close or fix any issues of VMK closing, it won't be effective until 30 days from today, or June 5th, well after VMK closes.

If we can find out which changes were made, and how/if we can use them effectively, we might have found a loophole.