Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old 4/07/08 - Yavn Speaks: VMK CLOSES FOR GOOD!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:10 AM
the Dragon

Spyro is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You know.. I've been playing since VMK began. I am one of the few "Here From Day 1" players still on VMK. I have built several in-game friendships with several in-game memories. Still, aside from those friendships and the memories thereof, along with other memories I have such as getting Best Guest Room and Game Room and getting my Inferno from the since retired tester alyuel, VMK has simply gone downhill slowly. The in-park stuff disappeared, the problems with the Ride Creating Events, the major lag surrounding the entrance of new lands, and most recently, the massive quest with all of the massive problems surrounding it. I'm surprised VMK has held itself afloat these past few months. I love VMK, I'll always cherish the memories it's instilled in me these few years, but I also am able to let it go. Goodbye VMK.
HOMERBILLYBOND

My Mood: Sad
AcePirateDan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I need to say it, but I doubt this is real, any corporate business owner knows that this will trash their reputation.

This is by far, the dumbest move Disney has EVER pulled.

But, all in all, we need to move on, I see this as a chance for the rest of you to.

I knew this day was going to come for a while now, but it's kind of sad to finally see it here.

But, yavn continues to lie to us, he said VMK will not close anytime soon *This was in late 07* and that the game is still running strong.
VMK's true DJ! :D Remix!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tris-Remix is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRock View Post
At least they are telling us real early...
yea so true, now a lot of people wont be waking up on may 21st and log onto vmk and it says "VMK has clsoed down" Good thikin vmk , but said for closin
T.S. Midway Mania Addict!

helloworld2 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I can imagine the day when VMK closes. It will just be hanging out with friends for the last time. Visiting VMK for the last time. I feel like VMK is on those " You have 24 hours to live" type thing, and we must spend the last day with VMK and have some real fun. It is such a sad thing to accept.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:12 AM
and all that jazz!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

OmButterfly is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oh no! I just joined vmk forums, after a few months of not playing vmk I just came back. This is just... terrible. Why can't we pay for it? I can live with it, but I know there are alot of people who are way more into vmk than I am. I mean, it's some people's entire lives! I am so mad! Grrr!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Madame Type Rope Girl
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Annoyed
Pixie_Jess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
R.I.P. VMK
2005-2008
May all of our Virtual Stuff be happy in the Virtual Spirit World. It's been great knowing the the few people I met in the year and a half that I got a chance to play.
I hope my little virtual body Rests in Peace too, with all of the cool clothes I purchased. (My favorite being my bird hat I was just granted to me as a Dream of mine).
To PrincessWal who I shared alot of the same interests with: Thanks hunny!
To all of the people who kept me informed by posting the lastest VMK info the quickest: Thank you!
Lots of love and care from me, Jess!!!! ^_^ XOXOXOXXOXOXOXO
P.S. I don't plan to leave the forums, unless this gets closed too, I just thought I would add my thoughts to this thread.
Registered+

Elara is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is quite possibly the worst. I've been around since Day 1. But you know what? I have collected a lot of rare stuff. I think I'm going to open a room this weekend and give most of it away so the players who didn't have a chance to get it, could have it for at least a few weeks. Nothing is really rare anymore or all of it is, depending on how you look at it. So I'm going to give other players a chance to have something they haven't had before. I think I'll do it on Saturday when I have time.
Extraordinary
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Lonely
Shartruse is spinning in a Cursed Storm
What?! How can this happen?! VMK is like my second home when i feel troubled in my real one. I spent hard work earning my rare items and now i feel like sobbing. Why so early? It almost breaks my hard to see one of my most favored games be thrown into the dumpster such as other old games. I feel like sobbing until i die. This is so unfair to all the children who play vmk for enjoyment and relaxation. This is so improbable. Is this Yavn's decision or is this a requirement? VMK is where i met alot of friends. Goodbye the magical world
Old 04-08-2008, 01:14 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
Lets all send a petition to VMK saying to keep VMK Going!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:15 AM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't have words to describe my feelings..
Old 04-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

mickey1970mouse is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I do believe this is in direct relations to the blackheart quest. The most upset is my children. They dont like toontown or pirates. They are in tears this was a fun game the whole family played together.

Oh well, I was in the host room and I asked if they would have a job and they said they didnt know.

They said to write contact us to let them know how we feel.

I would also be willing to pay for my family to play, they love this little Disney World!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:16 AM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
my friends......are GONE......
Old 04-08-2008, 01:16 AM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
There will be nothing to do anymore!!! I can't download games and Clubpenguin is BORING
Old 04-08-2008, 01:17 AM
:)

lologrl92 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
if they are just going to close vmk then what is the point of that silly Trading Card Game with all the cool stuff
Old 04-08-2008, 01:17 AM
-The original- Green.i
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Reading
flaxygirl is floating through Inner Space
OMG!

I always just assumed it would last forever....... wow

Well im going to try to trade for everything i have ever wanted and take lots of screen shots. Thanks for the memories..