Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old Did You Expect VMK to Close This Soon?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: Did you Expect VMK to Close This Soon?
NO, I Didn't! I Wish VMK would stay open longer... 291 68.79%
Yes, I Did. I knew this day would come soon... 77 18.20%
NO WAY!! VMK IS CLOSING?!?!?! 27 6.38%
I don't really care... 28 6.62%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2008, 08:43 AM
I Love to Sketch!
Awards Showcase
Design an Outfit Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Mod Match Participant Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Creative
Eyelashgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I didn't know that they were going to close it this soon, but I knew that they would have to sometime.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:51 PM
iMagician

Iwannaplayvmk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I knew this day would come....It's all of so and so's fault yeah...But how can they do it when it'sonly been out for 3 yrs.? Toontown came out 2003? It did cuz i played it when the game started....

http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/user...p?userid=34165

Userpage^
Old 08-02-2008, 04:38 PM
♥Girlicious♥
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Musical
Yazsmin is as Frosty as a Snowman
I didn't expect it at all. When they said it was just a promotion I was hurt. Because over the past year and a half that I have played, it has become so much more than that. What's worse is that everyone one else got to enjoy it longer than me. My old computer crashed on January 15th and I didn't get one back until April. Worst of all, my new computer didn't want to run VMK. I got on VMK on the last day for a mere hour. And my best friends weren't on. They had been on the day before. But I cried. I am not going to lie to you I did. I had lost so many friends... And I learned that life can be soooo not fair to you. But maybe being gone was for the best... I don't know how though. And in my absense I had 1 hour to catch up on 4 MONTHS worth of fun. The last time I had gotten on VMK before the final day was on January 18th. I used my dad's computer, for it was a last resort.

And I think it was much much much too soon. I thought they were just closing this one down and making a new one the first time I heard, from my friend in real life on the phone. But, she was wrong. I really don't know why they closed it too soon. I am POSITIVE people would have payed to play, and they would have been rolling in money if they did. VMK was a retreat from the real world. A Disneyland for kids who didn't live near either park.
The last time I remember going to Disneyland was when I was merely three years old. Then I moved far away. And I have NEVER been to WDW.
VMK was my addiction. Now all I really do is either like play Build-A-Bearville or RPG on TTC.

On top of VMK, Avatar ended and so many things came crashing down.
Yes, still in July it hurt.

Well, I am going to conclude this post for it is rather lengthy.

- Yazsmin
Old 09-06-2008, 04:23 PM
SAVE VMK!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Artistic
gracievp is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, this probably sounds crazy but.
i thought VMK would last forever, even though i knew it wouldnt.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Me on vmk and RIP Flip
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park
My Mood: Princess
bellaace is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I didn't think vmk would close that fast :/ I totally thought it would be open for atleast 3 years or so.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Wants to find more magic.

tryingtogetbackintovmk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I knew they were going to pull the plug sometime, but not THIS soon. Due to the last few weeks of VMK, they looked like they had a whole load of stuff to release over the summer.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Living the Dream. :]™

i8thelastcookie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I thought VMK would last a good while.
I never thought they would close that soon.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Excited
jedry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It closed a while ago and just so you guys know there is a high possibility of VMK comming back! Just look closely at some evidence I've extracted.

"VMK launched as a part of the Disneyland 50th Celebration and is now closed. Disney.com continues to create experiences to amaze our guests and we hope that all of our VMK friends will continue to join us.

Recently we've received inquiries asking if VMK is reopening - there are no plans to reopen VMK in any form."

Now if you look at the piece of text which is in red you will probably notice that Disney have no plans to re-open VMK so that means that there still is a chance of it re-opening.

The information was extracted from the following sources:

- Disney's vmk.com
Old 09-28-2008, 12:25 AM
0RiGiNALLY [SweetNSourr]

Brookelle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
ughhh.. i hate how it closed like i said a billion times COLD HEARTED PEOPLE! they shouldnt of made the game if it wasnt gonna last a long timee. :[
Old 09-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Excited
jedry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
For your information Disney are certainly NOT cold hearted people and second of all, VMK did last a long time.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:56 PM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: SaveVMK
DocCalvin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedry View Post
"Recently we've received inquiries asking if VMK is reopening - there are no plans to reopen VMK in any form."

Now if you look at the piece of text which is in red you will probably notice that Disney have no plans to re-open VMK so that means that there still is a chance of it re-opening.
Huh? That doesn't make sense!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:29 AM
Smile, your on camara
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

camara is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i had always expected it to end eventually (by that i mean always the near future)...but i always figured it would be at least 5-12 months after they warned us, not almost immediately. ***....
Old 10-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Snow's at it again :)
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: Snow!
SuperSnowCutie is covered with ConfettiSuperSnowCutie is covered with ConfettiSuperSnowCutie is covered with Confetti
No! I didnt .
I mean, seriously, they were banning people for ten years! How were we supposed to know that they'd end it all so soon?
Old 08-25-2009, 05:12 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I didn't expect VMK to close this soon. It was a nightmare hearing what Yavn had to say that day.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:17 AM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nope.
I didn't expect VMK to close this early at all.
But VMK does have a chance at coming back.
1.) If it has been like 5 years since VMK closed (just an example) and we were stilling asking for it back, there is more of a chance they might open it back up because it has been a while and we are still asking for it back.

2.) On VMK's homepage, they said that "There are no plans to reopen VMK in any form." But that doesn't mean that it is permanently closed. They can change their plans. They can still open VMK...