Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old "VMK Re-opening" Is it true!?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: SaveVMK
VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
"VMK Re-opening" Is it true!?

Hello everyone, I'm back! I know I haven't posted in a while, reason why is because I kind of "let go" of VMK coming back, so I just stopped coming on here for a while, because it just brought back so many good memories. Okay, so, this is another rumor and I don't mean just one person saying it, I mean TONS of people are saying it, even some "Hosts" that were on VMK. Now, I'm not gonna believe that those were actual hosts, it's probably a scam, but this is hopefully the best rumor yet! Alright, I'll explain everything and hopefully add tons of detail.

Exhibit A:
In July 2010, Disney said that they were teaming up with Playdom (Playdom is an online game company, they have TONS of games, mostly located on a social site.) and going to make a game that they were going to make, but another company had quit on them.

Okay, now hold it right there! It may not have been because of the money that Disney shut down VMK, maybe because it was Sulake that quit on them and Disney couldn't do it themselves. It's highly likely that they're talking about VMK, because what other game did they make with another company? None! This is great evidence of something coming!

Exhibit B:
This rumor has gone everywhere! Alot of people are saying VMK is re-opening in October 2010 (They don't know the exact day.), many "Hosts" and other peole have been saying that it's all coming back.

Alright, now I'm not getting my hopes up that VMK is coming back, but I mean, who else went with Disney to work on another game together? Now, sure, it could have been a game they were MAKING, and it was going in progress, but it's possible that it is VMK.

I'm not trying to get people's hopes up and tell them to be prepared, but if it does come then I will be literally jumping for joy. This is a good thing to look forward to if VMK is coming back. Now, it may not be October, but they had like four months to get the game running with Playdom if it was VMK, also two more little pieces of evidence.

Exhibit C:
A girl on here posted a thread saying that she found the VMK Homepage and Login and all this other stuff that was VMK, on DisneyParks.com, so I went on there yesterday to look back on old memories and they REMOVED it, from the site. No one has said anything (That I know of) to Disney about it being up there, so most likely they took it down for some odd but good reason.

Exhibit D:
Disney has just renewed the name for VMK until September 2011. Coincidence? I think not, why bother renewing the name for VMK until next year, if you aren't even gonna do anything with it anymore!!

Please comment and tell me what you think. (Please try not to be rude and say it's never opening again so get over it. I'm not saying just leave positive attitude comments, but don't be rude please.) ?

YAY

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy

Last edited by VMKObsessed554; 09-29-2010 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: LOTS of spelling mishaps...
Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
You are smart.

You are not the type of; "Guys, I heard VMK is coming back in... October '09, so it is."

You are the smarty type.

I like exhibit A. I've always believed that it was not a money issue, but Sulake quitting/wanting something/being annoying.

Exhibit B: Why does everyone say October? It is easily the most common month for rumors. I'm not being rude, or saying you did something wrong, I just hate the October rumors haha. But on the evidence from exhibit A, it looks good, but October may be a bit early to remake the game, I'm not sure on the technical portion.

Exhibit C: I like it, though I'm not totally sure what you're talking about haha. Sounds pretty good to me though.

Exhibit D: I like this one as well! The only other reason I can think for this, is they don't want someone else to have vmk.com and ya know, use it for themselves to trick people haha.

All in all, great way of showing your evidence, often I was called a "dream crusher" because I didn't believe when one person said "it's coming back"

Good job I know you're not trying to get hopes up, but it looks good haha.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Exhibit A:
Quote:
and going to make a game that they were going to make, but another company had quit on them.
Any proof of this? A link to an article?

Exhibit B: Invalid without proof.

Exhibit C: Any proof of this?

Exhibit D: Again, I need proof that Disney made this renewal.

You make a lot of statements in this thread but you fail to provide any evidence. Without proof, this sounds like just another pointless thread stirring false hope among the masses.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-28-2010 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: flaming
Old 09-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yeah, true, I guess proof would work...

I just liked the way it was laid out haha.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:57 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Hmm~ This sounds interesting. As Blue mentioned, I do like how you managed to at least format your exhibits.

But, as Ryan said, proof would be nice. (: Either way, I salute your effort~

(Oh, and Blue? October is the best month because *drum roll* it's my birthday!)
(this was supposed to be funny.)
Old 09-29-2010, 02:03 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMKObsessed554 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm back! I know I haven't posted in a while, reason why is because I kind of "let go" of VMK coming back, so I just stopped coming on here for a while, because it just brought back so many good memories. Okay, so, this is another rumor and I don't mean just one person saying it, I mean TONS of people are saying it, even some "Hosts" that were on VMK. Now, I'm not gonna believe that those were actual hosts, it's probably a scam, but this is hopefully the best rumor yet! Alright, I'll explain everything and hopefully add tons of detail.

Exibit A:
In July 2010, Disney said that they were teaming up with Playdom (Playdom is an online game company, they have TONS of games, mostly located on a social site.) and going to make a game that they were going to make, but another company had quit on them.

This is a true fact, however, it does not say that is going to be VMK, but we do not know what it is, so we cannot really use this as a "proof"

Okay, now hold it right there! It may not have been because of the money that Disney shut down VMK, maybe because it was Sulake that quit on them and Disney couldn't do it themselves. It's highly likely that they're talking about VMK, because what other game did they make with another company? None! This is great evidence of something coming!

Exibit B:
This rumor has gone everywhere! Alot of people are saying VMK is re-opening in October 2010 (They don't know the exact day.), many "Hosts" and other peole have been saying that it's all coming back.

Alright, now I'm not getting my hopes up that VMK is coming back, but I mean, who else went with Disney to work on another game together? Now, sure, it could have been a game they were MAKING, and it was going in progress, but it's possible that it is VMK.

I'm not trying to get people's hopes up and tell them to be prepared, but if it does come then I will be literally jumping for joy. This is a good thing to look forward to if VMK is coming back. Now, it may not be October, but they had like four months to get the game running with Playdom if it was VMK, also two more little pieces of evidence.

Many people also said this in October last year.

Exibit C:
A girl on here posted a thread saying that she found the VMK Homepage and Login and all this other stuff that was VMK, on DisneyParks.com, so I went on there yesterday to look back on old memories and they REMOVED it, from the site. No one has said anything (That I know of) to Disney about it being up there, so most likely they took it down for some odd but good reason.

O_o Huh?.... I would need to see proof myself from this girl. Also they removed the VMK original site and anything else VMK related near the begining of this year (meaning all VMK-related things I could think of were basically gone)

Exibit D:
Disney has just renewed the name for VMK until September 2011. Coincidence? I think not, why bother renewing the name for VMK until next year, if you aren't even gonna do anything with it anymore!!

Just because they may renew the site does not mean it is going to come back; I myself have yet to see this renewal, so I do need to see the proof of this so called evidence.

Please comment and tell me what you think. (Please try not to be rude and say it's never opening again so get over it. I'm not saying just leave positive attitude comments, but don't be rude please.) ?

YAY
My comments are the ones bolded and so on..

I myself love VMK and do for a fact even without proof believe that VMK is coming back eventually. After all the gates were only closed, and they said "see ya soon." Walt himself never said good bye or plain old bye until 3 days before he died. i do truely believe that VMK is coming back, but until I can get positive proof from a certain cast member I am contact with *coughs big head honcho type of cast member who would know* I am not about to start believing that is coming back immediately.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 09-29-2010, 02:16 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks for all of you leaving your comments and being honest. I realized sooner or later people would want me to post proof, so I'll post it in a little bit, I gotta go to sleep soon so I'll post it up in the morning. I left some of you some comments! Thanks guys!

bluedudeman - Thanks for saying I'm smart, I don't normally get that. I don't know why alot of people are saying October either, maybe it's just a popular month?

SoccerRyan - I understand where your coming from. I'll make sure I post what I can tomorrow morning!

Vivi - Thanks for your salute! I appreciate it And early Happy Birthday!

StitchCo - Understand where your coming from, I'm more of a "gullible" person myself when it comes to VMK, but I have hope in this one but I'm not totally sure I believe like you don't exactly. I'm still trying to get more proof of the fact! Thanks for commenting!

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy

Last edited by VMKObsessed554; 09-29-2010 at 02:16 AM.. Reason: Spelling Mishap
Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 AM
Bizzlebits Haha
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
Baconbits is floating through Inner Space
well, to be honest...wether its coming back or not, i can't help the terrible craving i get to log on to vmk and see the halloween decor. The normal mainstreet was cool, but the fall and winter decorations...those were the best. So if it "reopens" in october, I'll be happy but if it reopens straight to a decorated scene, i'll be the happiest.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 PM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
*yawns*

Sorry, been awake since 5 this morning. Couldn't sleep. WANT VMK.

Anyways, I too would have to see proof, although I am pretty good at finding my way around the internet, and could probably find most of this for myself.

I only hope that if they bring back VMK it's open all day and night, and not from 10 to 10.

Broccolisprout, 2005-2008
Old 10-01-2010, 12:11 AM
The Biggest Narutard Ever
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 10

Here Since Day 1
naruhina4894 is as Frosty as a Snowman
It was open from 7-10 nor 10-10
Old 10-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Thanks for the early birthday wish. (:

Anyhow, I want to play VMK...meh.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

DisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
To shine more light onto the subject, I've seen posts and threads mainly talking about how VMK will open up on October 2010. I've been on numerous forums just like this, that had "conspiracies" of VMK opening on October. However what I find quite strange is that all of the posts were posted on 2008 right after VMK closed.
After reading that Disney has bought Playdom, Steve Wadsworth's resignation etc. it has brought great alarm to my attention that this may not be some ordinary coincidence.

All we can do is wait and hope. Hope all is well with everyone here. Let's keep the magic alive
Old 10-03-2010, 03:35 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Does anyone not remember? Sulake did not quit on Disney. Sulake wanted to continue, but it was Disney who quit on them.

- ace
Old 10-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

DisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefredfred View Post
Does anyone not remember? Sulake did not quit on Disney. Sulake wanted to continue, but it was Disney who quit on them.

- ace

Do you have any proof?
Old 10-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
Do you have any proof?
I remember reading it on Yavn's blog and I think someone had called Sulake.

- ace