Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old Save VMK Message

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: SaveVMK
VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Save VMK Message

I realized every post I have done about saving VMK about more than half of the replies have said "It's never coming back." I know, that it is hard to believe that it will be coming back, since it's been two years since it's shutting down. Also I realized, why is everyone still on here if all they do is talk about VMK memories? Pretty much the idea of this site was to try and getting together people and get VMK back, wasn't it? Sure, it's fun to talk about VMK memories and find old friends, but wouldn't it be more fun to re-live the magic by actually playing the game!? I say for maybe the last Save VMK thread that I will make, we put our heads together and find the best way to Save VMK!

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy
Old 07-08-2010, 11:05 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I love your stick-to-it-ive-ness, but what can we do? Signatures on petitions seem to have no prevail.......
Old 07-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMKObsessed554 View Post
Also I realized, why is everyone still on here if all they do is talk about VMK memories?
There's lot of things people do here besides talk about VMK. There's the arcade, chatting at #vmkforums and #vmktrivia, RPGing, ranting, writing stories, creating artwork, uploading to the gallery, and discussing off-topic stuff. People are still here because they enjoy the community that they've been a part of for nearly 5 years for some people and couldn't ever abandon their VMK community. The content discussed is not nearly as important as the people you discuss it with.

Quote:
Pretty much the idea of this site was to try and getting together people and get VMK back, wasn't it?
This site was created in 2005 when VMK first started; its purpose was to be a place where VMK could be discussed during its existence. Since it has been gone, its purpose has changed to be a place where people could remember VMK and stay connected with fellow VMK'ers. Saving VMK was never a purpose of this site; rather, it was a movement that many of the members started on their own.

Quote:
Sure, it's fun to talk about VMK memories and find old friends, but wouldn't it be more fun to re-live the magic by actually playing the game!? I say for maybe the last Save VMK thread that I will make, we put our heads together and find the best way to Save VMK!
The best way to bring back VMK would be to contact Disney staff members, specifically those of the DMIG (Disney Media Interactive Group) via e-mail and telephone. Club Penguin, a pay-to-play game of Disney's, has not been profiting lately as much as the company expected, so perhaps they may soon realize on their own that their MMORPG business strategy is not truly what the consumers want. According to a recent article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Website on May 13, 2010
Club Penguin has failed to hit profit milestones set by the Walt Disney Company when it purchased the youth virtual world 2007, according to the New York Times. Club Penguin's failure to meet these targets will affect $350 million planned payouts to the virtual world's founders. This effectively slashes the price tag Disney paid for the virtual world in half.
Even if it's just the economy that is responsible for this failure, companies will often change up their strategies in desperate times when enough money isn't being made. And if they're not making money, that means there isn't a big enough demand. If we show a demand for VMK, perhaps VMK will be reincarnated as a pay-to-play. What are our chances? Probably slim to nothing. But at least we now have logical reasoning to believe that VMK could indeed return.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 07-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: SaveVMK
VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
This site was created in 2005 when VMK first started; its purpose was to be a place where VMK could be discussed during its existence. Since it has been gone, its purpose has changed to be a place where people could remember VMK and stay connected with fellow VMK'ers. Saving VMK was never a purpose of this site; rather, it was a movement that many of the members started on their own.
I understand that, but the "Save VMK" Forum, in this site, infact is one of the more popular ones. Alot of people have posted in that forum, so why I said that "Wasn't the whole point of this site was to Save VMK!" was incorrectly phrased. The Save VMK forum is really big and it's normally the only one I go in.

Quote:
The best way to bring back VMK would be to contact Disney staff members, specifically those of the DMIG (Disney Media Interactive Group) via e-mail and telephone. Club Penguin, a pay-to-play game of Disney's, has not been profiting lately as much as the company expected, so perhaps they may soon realize on their own that their MMORPG business strategy is not truly what the consumers want. According to a recent article:
I definitely agree with you on this. I have tons of Walt Disney contact information that was available on the "Save VMK" forum, but none of the contacts are for the DMIG. Anyone know how to contact them?

Quote:
Even if it's just the economy that is responsible for this failure, companies will often change up their strategies in desperate times when enough money isn't being made. And if they're not making money, that means there isn't a big enough demand. If we show a demand for VMK, perhaps VMK will be reincarnated as a pay-to-play. What are our chances? Probably slim to nothing. But at least we now have logical reasoning to believe that VMK could indeed return.
Our chances can be bigger if you persuade them. (I know what you're thinking.) It would be a huge difficulty to persuade a company like them. But, if you talk to the DMIG, it might be the slightest bit easier. Because it's a smaller piece of the company, (but an important piece) which means that it's not like you're talking to Bob Iger, which obviously he would say no. I say we do our best.

I got it!! I have the contact information for the DMIG!! We're on a roll! I highly doubt they will reply, but I will post any new useful information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy

Last edited by Jezzi; 07-09-2010 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: fixed quote tags/merged posts