Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old Unlikely? Or Likely?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: SaveVMK
VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Unlikely? Or Likely?

Alright, everyone knows I've done alot of posts on this section of VMK Forums. But, I was surfing VMK videos watching old ones made by VMKers themselves when I found 2 recently made videos. They both say VMK will re-open in 2013 when Fantasyland is opened in WDW. ISN'T THAT GREAT? The person said she didn't know if it was off high demand for the game back, or just to re-open. they said most likely it would be a pay to play. Doesn't matter i'm playing! Let's give the people a hand for making these videos!! There is still hope in the air!

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy
Old 04-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
It's very unlikely that those videos are accurate and very unlikely that VMK will return. Two years ago today, Disney announced the closure of VMK. It's been two years. Disney has moved on. We've heard many many many rumors of VMK coming back and all of them, obviously, were false. We tried to bring VMK back. We protested here, we protested in-game, we protested at the parks, we made phone calls, we sent letters, we e-mailed, we tried to gain the media's attention, we did gain the media's attention. Our voice was heard. But in our ultimate goal, we failed.

I loved VMK. I worked right along with everyone else to try to revive the Kingdom. But unfortunately and sadly, the Kingdom is gone. I miss VMK, but Disney doesn't. Either they didn't see a financial potential in the game or they had contract issues with Sulake and Paramount or we got too greedy or the game didn't fit in their new business model or I don't know. But what I do know is that Disney doesn't miss VMK and that's why we haven't seen it back since that fateful day in May. I believe that after 2 years, you've clearly confirmed that you're not changing your mind.

May the magic of VMK live on in our hearts.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:01 AM
scene kid?hah
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Dreamy
Mizz.V is spinning in a Cursed Storm
@ SoccerRyan- truedat. speak the truth man..
Old 04-09-2010, 05:14 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
How about we find out where they make the games and go stand outside it and yell "BRING BACK VMK."

Bad idea, yeah.

But it would be nice if they would re-open it. I would probably pay to play it, but if it was free, that would be great.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:32 PM
My Username scrolls because I'm soooo good at #VMKTrivia !
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 

My Mood: Ape
TikiPin_Dude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
It's very unlikely that those videos are accurate and very unlikely that VMK will return. Two years ago today, Disney announced the closure of VMK. It's been two years. Disney has moved on. We've heard many many many rumors of VMK coming back and all of them, obviously, were false. We tried to bring VMK back. We protested here, we protested in-game, we protested at the parks, we made phone calls, we sent letters, we e-mailed, we tried to gain the media's attention, we did gain the media's attention. Our voice was heard. But in our ultimate goal, we failed.
I loved VMK. I worked right along with everyone else to try to revive the Kingdom. But unfortunately and sadly, the Kingdom is gone. I miss VMK, but Disney doesn't. Either they didn't see a financial potential in the game or they had contract issues with Sulake and Paramount or we got too greedy or the game didn't fit in their new business model or I don't know. But what I do know is that Disney doesn't miss VMK and that's why we haven't seen it back since that fateful day in May. I believe that after 2 years, you've clearly confirmed that you're not changing your mind.

May the magic of VMK live on in our hearts.
Please do not state false statements with no facts behind them. If you work at WDI or closely to the WDI company, then please do not just go straight to a conclusion. Until then, please just give your opinion. You make it sound like actual facts.

Anyways, this could be true but I think its 2% true. From an unknown person on ******* that has absolutely no proof of re opening or connections to Disney. There are many dates that can come true:

World of Color: Summer 2010
Little Mermaid Ride, California Adventures: 2011
Carsland: 2012
Buena Vista STreet: 2012
Fantasyland: 2012-2013
California Adventures Turns 10: 2011
Disney Worlds 40th: 2011

We will just have to wait and see. Until then, here is a little pixie dust to brighten everyones day

~tiki

Forever & Always
Old 04-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiPin_Dude View Post
Please do not state false statements with no facts behind them. If you work at WDI or closely to the WDI company, then please do not just go straight to a conclusion. Until then, please just give your opinion. You make it sound like actual facts.
Not sure how anything I said was false; in fact, it was actually the truth.

Quote:
Disney has moved on. We've heard many many many rumors of VMK coming back and all of them, obviously, were false. We tried to bring VMK back. We protested here, we protested in-game, we protested at the parks, we made phone calls, we sent letters, we e-mailed, we tried to gain the media's attention, we did gain the media's attention. Our voice was heard. But in our ultimate goal, we failed.
How could this be false? VMK has been gone now for almost 2 years, so obviously Disney has moved on. If they hadn't moved on, they would have never closed it or it would be back by now, considering that we showed demand for several months after May 21. All of the rumors were false because VMK didn't come back when the rumors promised it would. We did everything that I said we did to try to bring the game back, but we obviously failed because VMK is still closed.

Quote:
the Kingdom is gone
Go to www.vmk.com and tell me if this is still a lie.

Quote:
Disney doesn't miss VMK
Again, this is actually the truth. If the executives of the company [which is whom I refer to when I say "Disney"] missed the game, they would have brought it back. But they didn't. So they don't miss it.

Quote:
I believe that after 2 years, you've clearly confirmed that you're not changing your mind.
You conveniently forgot to bolden the first part of my sentence which starts with "I believe." That means this was an opinion, not a fact.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 

Quote:

Quote:
Truth: a fact that has been verified

How could this be false? VMK has been gone now for almost 2 years, so obviously Disney has moved on. If they hadn't moved on, they would have never closed it or it would be back by now, considering that we showed demand for several months after May 21. All of the rumors were false because VMK didn't come back when the rumors promised it would. We did everything that I said we did to try to bring the game back, but we obviously failed because VMK is still closed.

Quote:
You failed but I didnt. You fail when you stop trying. Yes, I never believed the rumours either. Well you never know if Disney moved on. They could be re-imagining it as we speak.

www.vmk.com and tell me if this is still a lie.

Again, this is actually the truth. If the executives of the company [which is whom I refer to when I say "Disney"] missed the game, they would have brought it back. But they didn't. So they don't miss it.
Quote:
Lets take the Subs in Disneyland as an example. They were closed in 1998 and stated that they would be open again 2001- 2002. Nothing opened. Not until 2005 at least when they finally opened.

You conveniently forgot to bolden the first part of my sentence which starts with "I believe." That means this was an opinion, not a fact.

~tiki short short

Forever & Always
Old 04-10-2010, 11:57 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Please do not get your hopes up. I find it mean that people make these videos, because it only puts the hopes of people up so that they will fall later.

Call me a pessimist if you will, but I am just thinking realistically.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase

VIP
That's a nice capture of the VMK homepage, but you can't play the game because it's closed.

Quote:
Lets take the Subs in Disneyland as an example. They were closed in 1998 and stated that they would be open again 2001- 2002. Nothing opened. Not until 2005 at least when they finally opened.
Ah, but the Submarine Voyage did not actually come back in 2005; however, it was replaced with the new attraction: Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. Same concept, yet different attraction. Disney actually did this with VMK: they closed VMK in 2008 and "replaced" it with Pixie Hollow and Cars Online. Same concept, yet different MMORPGs.

They hoped to appease VMK'ers with the creation of Pixie Hollow and Cars just like they hoped to appease Submarine Voyage fans with the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (along with attempting to make good on Paul Pressler's broken promise to open an attraction based on Atlantis in 2003). So if a reincarnation of VMK is what you're looking for, you're probably not going to get it since it has been almost 2 years. However, if you would settle for a similar game, you already have games to choose from (along with Pirates and Toontown that were created before).

Personally, I can't settle for re-makes of a game that was so perfect.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:10 AM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
Quote:

If the executives of the company [which is whom I refer to when I say "Disney"] missed the game, they would have brought it back. But they didn't. So they don't miss it.
I don't think that's necessarily true. Have you ever heard the term "if you love something, you have to let it go"? Sure, that doesn't directly apply, but I'm trying to somewhat make a point. ;D Maybe they HAD to close VMK for whatever the reason may be. (Money, etc.) Maybe they're sitting at Disney headquarters crying because they had to give up VMK. Okay, maybe not, but you catch my drift right?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
That's a nice capture of the VMK homepage, but you can't play the game because it's closed.

Sadly... If we only know who Neoteney is and what he had to do with VMK.

Ah, but the Submarine Voyage did not actually come back in 2005; however, it was replaced with the new attraction: Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. Same concept, yet different attraction. Disney actually did this with VMK: they closed VMK in 2008 and "replaced" it with Pixie Hollow and Cars Online. Same concept, yet different MMORPGs.

Good point but the theme of the old Submarine voyage was boring. Even my mom agrees. She used to ride it all the time.

They hoped to appease VMK'ers with the creation of Pixie Hollow and Cars just like they hoped to appease Submarine Voyage fans with the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (along with attempting to make good on Paul Pressler's broken promise to open an attraction based on Atlantis in 2003). So if a reincarnation of VMK is what you're looking for, you're probably not going to get it since it has been almost 2 years. However, if you would settle for a similar game, you already have games to choose from (along with Pirates and Toontown that were created before).

Yes I can not settle for any of those. I have this gut feeling that Disney has something up there sleeve. I just have this deep gut feeling they are going to make another game based on the parks because they drew ALL types of people in and also had a certain draw.

Pirates: Boyish and is an action fantasy game
Pixie Hollow: Girly game and is a Fantasy Game
Cars Online: Boyish game and is a racing game
Toontown: Childish game and is a Cartoon, fantasy, action game
VMK: Not Boyish, Not Girly, Not Childish, Not mature, but right for all ages. An Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Cartoon game.

Personally, I can't settle for re-makes of a game that was so perfect.

Agreed. I tried Pirates before and it did not last very long.

OT: The last guy in your signature. Is he Ana's assistant in V? He looks so much like him. Idk if you watch V but I do and its awesome!

~tiki short

Forever & Always
Old 04-11-2010, 05:43 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Pirates: Boyish and is an action fantasy game Maybe I'm odd, but I play pirates, and I'm a girl. And I know several girls in RL that play it. How is it boyish?
Pixie Hollow: Girly game and is a Fantasy Game I have to agree here.
Cars Online: Boyish game and is a racing game Again, I play it. How is it boyish?
Toontown: Childish game and is a Cartoon, fantasy, action game Here I strongly disagree. It may seem childish to you, but did you know that probably 20% of the people who play Toontown are adults?
VMK: Not Boyish, Not Girly, Not Childish, Not mature, but right for all ages. An Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Cartoon game.
Responses in bold. I'm not trying to be rude here, just stating my opinion.

Maybe Neoteny is a Disney employee and is lurking among us, seeing what we think of VMK closing

Hah, just joking though.

Last edited by Broccolisprout; 04-11-2010 at 05:45 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Grumpyy
wombat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
"Sadly... If we only know who Neoteney is and what he had to do with VMK."

Try doing a search of this site. How soon they forget.

Wombat
Old 04-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccolisprout View Post
Responses in bold. I'm not trying to be rude here, just stating my opinion.

Maybe Neoteny is a Disney employee and is lurking among us, seeing what we think of VMK closing

Hah, just joking though.
Hmm. Ok. Let me re phrase it then.

Pirates: Its an Action Adventure game meant for Teenagers but alot of older people also play
Pixie Hollow: Aimed at all girls
Cars Online: Aimed at all Boys but also gives an opportunity for girls to play
Toontown: Action, Fantasy game aimed at Kids and teenagers.

I do agree with you but not of alot of adults play. Some do but not alot. VMK had all these combined pretty much.

Here is what the others games are:
Quote:
You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.
VMK was for all ages and they knew it. This is why I think they got something up in the Blue Sky that has to do with the parks. I mean aren't the parks made for all ages?

Thanks wombat!

Forever & Always
Old 04-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Sadly... If we only know who Neoteney is and what he had to do with VMK.
He's actually the top poster here, kinda funny how it shows him logged in.

Quote:
Good point but the theme of the old Submarine voyage was boring. Even my mom agrees. She used to ride it all the time.
Yeah, I guess Disney tries to please as many people as they can with their decisions. I suppose more people are enjoying the new Disney MMORPG's than people who are mourning VMK. Or at least that's what Disney estimates.

Quote:
Yes I can not settle for any of those. I have this gut feeling that Disney has something up there sleeve. I just have this deep gut feeling they are going to make another game based on the parks because they drew ALL types of people in and also had a certain draw.
I hope your gut feeling is right! I'd love another game based on the parks, but it would never match up to the original (at least in my mind ).

Quote:
Pirates: Boyish and is an action fantasy game
Pixie Hollow: Girly game and is a Fantasy Game
Cars Online: Boyish game and is a racing game
Toontown: Childish game and is a Cartoon, fantasy, action game
Yes, Disney tried to split the VMK audience up by gender. It was just their business strategy. Of course I disagree, but what do I know?

Quote:
Agreed. I tried Pirates before and it did not last very long.
LOL same here. Pirates bored me the second I started playing. Same with Cars Online and even...Pixie Hollow...hard for me to admit trying that one..lol. I haven't deeply involved myself in any other MMORPG since VMK because the closing of VMK marked the end of me playing online games altogether.

Quote:
OT: The last guy in your signature. Is he Ana's assistant in V? He looks so much like him. Idk if you watch V but I do and its awesome!
LOL no that's Wilson who is played by Robert Sean Leonard on House. But I looked up that assistant guy and do they kinda look alike. I don't watch V though.

Last edited by SoccerRyan; 04-11-2010 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: fixed quotes