Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Polls & Surveys > Norwegian Blue

Norwegian Blue POLLY WANT A CRACKER?!!! IT'S A DEAD POLLY!

Old The "CL" System

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: What should happen to the "CL" system?
It should be removed completely! 89 22.31%
It should be restarted! 149 37.34%
It should stay the way it is now! 48 12.03%
It should be replaced by something else! 67 16.79%
No comment 46 11.53%
Voters: 399. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2007, 11:30 PM
« How Unfortunate
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
CapnOlaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is not something that we should really put down, all of the community leaders are working hard. It's not fair to put all the CLs down when they're helping out. It should be left the very way it is, I feel that this thread is not being very fair to the community leaders. The only real problems are people posting that it should be completely obliterated, which is not fair at all.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:32 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnOlaf View Post
This is not something that we should really put down, all of the community leaders are working hard. It's not fair to put all the CLs down when they're helping out. It should be left the very way it is, I feel that this thread is not being very fair to the community leaders.
I'm not putting down any Community Leaders. I'm putting down the whole Community Leader program. It's unnecessary and causes more problems than it solves. I have no problem with any individual Community Leaders. I just feel they could do as much good (if not more) without the badges and titles.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Click Click Boom
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Thenishall is floating through Inner Space
I don't like this system that much.
The only thing leaders do is help in trades.
I don't see why normal players can't do this, and why normal players can't help in HOST games.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:41 PM
♫ La di da ♫
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Jamarocker is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I personally don't see a point to the system, so I chose the first answer. Okay so they get a badge and a CL_ in front of their name, as what VMK says, but any player can help a guest out. I only recall CL's helping out at one staff event...maybe two, but they really didn't have to help out at them. CL's are supposed to be doing what staff can't do at the moment. Many of the CL's I see now don't help new players out or do the things they should be doing. No offence to any CL's reading this.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:47 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenishall View Post
I don't like this system that much.
The only thing leaders do is help in trades.
I don't see why normal players can't do this, and why normal players can't help in HOST games.
I don't see why a host would need someone taking up space in her room to say, "Please choose a teleporter."
Old 03-11-2007, 11:49 PM
loves youu<33
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 

My Mood: Wishful
PrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with Confetti
.:No Comment:.

~Carrie
Old 03-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Pete<3

Goofyono is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oh and no offense but CL's ( i'm not saying all ) ( well actually alot of them are very friendly ) but anyway some CL's tend to act like the ruler... because they are used to being worshiped by regular players.... what i really don't like is when the community leaders say stuff like " oh we're just normal players like you and me " ....... but I know a couple of CL's who have done their job and I will give them credits -- Cl_Bluereap and Cl_Happyboy
Old 03-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Bringing Her Home

Jdrizzle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The community leader system? To describe it in one word, "Pointless".

The choosers of the community leaders play favorites. If you don't believe me, prove they don't.

Not to mention that community leaders don't do anything more than most normal players. What is their job? Helping people. Don't most people do that anyway?

The community leaders are basically a social stigma. Many of them believe they are above the rest and pride themselves with their honor.

As an observation, I have noticed that a lot of community leaders win the best guest room, best game room , and best quest awards. They win more frequently than the general public. So ask yourself, why? I think you will come up with an answer pretty quickly.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Click Click Boom
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 

Thenishall is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
I don't see why a host would need someone taking up space in her room to say, "Please choose a teleporter."
Then why do they have them now?
I guess said that because that's one of the things that leaders do.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:10 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenishall View Post
Then why do they have them now?
Exactly. They shouldn't. That's the point of this thread.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Banned

avastkeith is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think that the CL system should be removed completely! All i see community leaders do on vmk is...

1. show off
2. play mini games (pirates especially) all day
3. talk in host rooms trying to gain popularity

This isn't true for all community leaders but a lot of community leaders at least do one of the above. it should be removed -_-

and now all the community leaders will hate me! lol!

EDIT: looking at this thread caused me to miss my chance at getting into the host room with the vmk pass. SNAP! lol
Old 03-12-2007, 12:18 AM
•Dancing through life•
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Regal
Kitri has disabled reputation
I would say delete, because they're not that different from other players, but I like them for trades.

So I'll say star over completly. mean some CL_s have gotten really stuck up, bc the powers gone to their heads.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Merry Christmas!

Ataarii is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think it should be replaced by any 100 VMK Members that apply and have been good players, even if they have been banned. The 100 Will Get VMKMINI_ in front of their name. They will help at staff events and get a uniform and everything. But they won't get paid.

EXAMPLE of the titles:
VMKMINI_Ataarii
VMKMINI_AstroGenius
VMKMINI_Soarix
VMKMINI_Swkyle
( these are just some of my friends names and my friends names)
Old 03-12-2007, 12:44 AM
CP Alum

Iroc is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I feel that the CL_ system works well, sometimes. I personally try to help out whenever I can. I teach new players games when I play and I always answer questions.

There are some CL_s who think of the title as a prize. I feel that VMK needs to monitor the CL_s more. Perhaps something like a monthly CL_ only quest (no prize) that checks for skills in answering questions. This would hold the CL_s to some level of accountability.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Bringing Her Home

Jdrizzle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
One thing that bothers me as well is that lots of people on this thread are still trying to keep their brownie points with community leaders. Say what you think, don't hold back because you are afraid of being "shunned".

I think everyone agrees that there are some good community leaders.