Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support

Computer Technical Support General & VMK Related Software & Hardware support. Recommendations, Reviews and so forth.

Old Computer help!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Computer help!

So some of you know soon apple I releasing iOS 4. And that you have to plug it into your computer to download it. But, I'm leaving for almost two months. And I can't bring my computer on the plane. So I wondering if I can bring my hard drive on the plane and if so plug it into another computer and it would let me access iTunes. And how. Or any other suggestions. Pleassseeee help cause it'll kill me if I watch my brother use his because he has iTunes on his laptop and rub it in my face lol
Old 06-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Can you not plug your iPod into your brother's laptop and update? I'm positive it would let you update the firmware.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 06-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase

But i thought that would restore my iPod. And then I'd either be stuck without music or with his, right? Or does it not restore the iPod
Old 06-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
It depends, do you sync your iPod with your library or do you manually add music? If you sync with your library, then yes, all of your music would get replaced with his. You could possibly change the setting on your iPod by plugging it into your computer, choosing it in the left side panel, and selecting the box that says something like "Manually manage your music." It should then be fine to plug your iPod into your brother's laptop and download the new firmware. I don't believe it would restore your iPod by just plugging it in.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase

So do you think if I switch to the option manually add music it'll be ok?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase

VIP
Absolutely. The worst that can happen is a message will pop up that says: "This iPod is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPod and sync with this iTunes library?" And in that case, you would just click no. But if you make sure your iPod is set to manually manage music, you should be fine.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase

Oh. Thank you I've been doing so much research lol.