Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old VMK Feature Idea -- Public Inventory -- Seen in a Dream

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:27 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
VMK Feature Idea -- Public Inventory -- Seen in a Dream

Last night I had a dream that VMK was open again (and it actually WAS VMK in detail, not just something which I recall thinking was "VMK"... all my other past VMK dreams have been about either just the home page, not the game, or a messed-up version of VMK that seemed like it was taken over by villains, or a generic virtual world that I simply remembered as "VMK" in the dream). I was in the Fantasyland Courtyard, about 10-12 other players were in the room. I clicked on a user named "vmk" and I saw a feature labeled "AVATAR" in a light blue button (in VMK style... just like the "ASK TO TRADE" button... the words PUBLIC INVENTORY would better fit the feature's function, but in the dream the button said AVATAR). I clicked the button and up popped what looked like an inventory screen. There were several tiny pictures at the bottom of the window, when one was clicked a full-color partial screenshot of VMK (just like the Photo Albums in VMK but in full color) appeared and there was an Inventory page (old-style... with multiple items showing as multiples and not with a number next to them) between the photo and the list at the bottom. Apparently this feature enabled users to see other users' in-game photos as well as their partial or complete inventory. It was kinda like the Pin Lanyard on a grander scale... (I never saw the inventory owners' interface, so what follows is simply my idea to make sense of the public item view that I saw in the dream) users could select items and put them into categories which they labeled with a screenshot from VMK, and let anyone who clicked their button see the inventory. I am unsure if there were any words to accompany this screenshot, I seem to recall one or two pages having words and a longer inventory page instead of a screenshot and an inventory page. Some obvious uses for this feature are trading and showing off... there could be a "For Trade" Category, a "Wanted" Category for those things you already have but want more of (fire walls and Stitch hats), a "Stitch Offer" category which is self-explanatory, a "Not For Trade" category for things you do not want to trade. Also there could be a feature to have a longer wall of text to put up in one of the categories... like if you wanted to advertise a large list of items that you wanted but do NOT have, then you could use the pure-text feature (which I did NOT see in my dream) to do so.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
That's a reall cool idea/dream. It would have made going to trading rooms or just trading in general more efficient. Thank you for sharing